Welcome to the Atrix Forum - Motorola Atrix Forum.

Register ButtonIf this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

I screwed up hardcore

This is a discussion on I screwed up hardcore within the Motorola Atrix Help forums, part of the Motorola Atrix Support Forum category; I'm totally new to all of this. I had rooted my phone with superoneclick and was trying to unlock the bootloader when something happened and ...

Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By G-Man
  • 2 Post By G-Man

Thread: I screwed up hardcore

Member #
    Liked
    0 times

I screwed up hardcore

I'm totally new to all of this. I had rooted my phone with superoneclick and was trying to unlock the bootloader when something happened and now when I plug the phone into the charger I get..... svf:105:1:2 Failed to boot 0x1000 No OS detected, going to RSD Mode in 5 seconds Press a key to stop count down. Available modes are: 1 RSD 2 Fastboot 3 NvFlash 4 BP HW Bypass RSD 5 BP HW Bypass QC DLOAD 6 BP HW Diag & Boot AP 7 BP HW Bypass BP Only 8 BP SW RSD 9 Android Recovery 10 Boot Android (NO BP) 11 Device UID 12 Console=ttyso, 115200n8 13 Early USB Enumeration 14 BP Tools When I choose something it says that the battery is too low to flash. It doesn't do anything when I hold down the power and the vol up butter nor will it do anything at all when I plug it into my computer. I have no clue what to do. I need the simplest, most basic fix for this.
    Last edited by aphotophreak25; 11-04-2011 at 02:35 PM.

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    602 times
    I would check out this thread, it sounds like the same issue - Possibly hard bricked my friends atrix. need hallllp plz.
    "Just come on over to the Droid side. Its fun and we have cookies " - Gerseppy
    "If the Atrix Forums came in liquid form, I would totally shoot this sweet stuff up. But for now, I'm stuck snorting it! But man it's a rush!! " - ME, the Monsta

Stupid refers to lack of ability while Ignorant refers to lack of knowledge.

Rescue Squad
    Member #
    Liked
    486 times
    Quote Originally Posted by aphotophreak25 View Post
    I'm totally new to all of this. I had rooted my phone with superoneclick and was trying to unlock the bootloader when something happened and now when I plug the phone into the charger I get..... svf:105:1:2 Failed to boot 0x1000 No OS detected, going to RSD Mode in 5 seconds Press a key to stop count down. Available modes are: 1 RSD 2 Fastboot 3 NvFlash 4 BP HW Bypass RSD 5 BP HW Bypass QC DLOAD 6 BP HW Diag & Boot AP 7 BP HW Bypass BP Only 8 BP SW RSD 9 Android Recovery 10 Boot Android (NO BP) 11 Device UID 12 Console=ttyso, 115200n8 13 Early USB Enumeration 14 BP Tools When I choose something it says that the battery is too low to flash. It doesn't do anything when I hold down the power and the vol up butter nor will it do anything at all when I plug it into my computer. I have no clue what to do. I need the simplest, most basic fix for this.
    Welcome to the Forums!

You problem is an easy fix - all you need to do is boot into fastboot mode, and type the following command

fastboot oem unlock <enter>
    this will give you a unique ID#

retype the command with the ID# at the end
    fasboot oem unlock <unique device ID#> <enter>

this will give you a warning about the process being irreversible and that it may void your warranty

press Y and hit enter. It will then Unlock. after its finished, if it doesnt reboot on its own, type this command:

fastboot reboot <enter>
    ManDroid likes this.

If you need help, and I appear to be offline, shoot me a msg on Gtalk, or PM me and I'll respond as soon as I possibly can!!

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    602 times
    Yay! I was right!
    "If the Atrix Forums came in liquid form, I would totally shoot this sweet stuff up. But for now, I'm stuck snorting it! But man it's a rush!! " - ME, the Monsta

Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by G-Man View Post
    Welcome to the Forums! You problem is an easy fix - all you need to do is boot into fastboot mode, and type the following command fastboot oem unlock this will give you a unique ID# retype the command with the ID# at the end fasboot oem unlock this will give you a warning about the process being irreversible and that it may void your warranty press Y and hit enter. It will then Unlock. after its finished, if it doesnt reboot on its own, type this command: fastboot reboot
    I'm so new to this I don't know where you type what. I seriously shouldn't have started doing this to my cell.

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    602 times
    I wouldn't stress too much! We have a great Rescue Squad. They'll make sure you get everything squared away.

Rescue Squad
    Member #
    Liked
    486 times
    I'm so new to this I don't know where you type what. I seriously shouldn't have started doing this to my cell.
    Ok, it's alright! Take a deep breath and relax! You didnt screw anything up - just simply missed the last step!

To get into fastboot - turn off your phone.
    Press and HOLD the power button AND the volume down button until you see 'fastboot' appear in white text.
    when you see that pop up on the screen, press the volume UP button.

Connect to your PC via the USB cable.
    You will need to have ADB download from my dropbox here ~~~> http://dl.dropbox.com/u/34025287/ADB and Fastboot.zip

Extract the ADB.zip into a folder named something like ADB Fastboot on your desktop.

Then, if you are using windows 7, HOLD the left shift key on your PC keyboard and RIGHT click on the folder you just extracted the .zip file to. Select 'open command window here'

Otherwise, got to Start>Run and type CMD and press enter - then navigate to the folder on your desktop containing the ADB and Fastboot files.

from there type this:
    fastboot oem unlock <press enter>
    this will give you a unique ID#
    fastboot oem unlock <type unique ID# here> <press enter>
    It will then warn you that this process cannont be undone and that it may void your warranty.
    press 'Y' and hit enter.

Thats all! You're done! You may have to type fastboot reboot afterwards to get the phone to reboot. But you should be successfully unlocked after completing this!
    Im A Monsta and thekooliest like this.

If you need help, and I appear to be offline, shoot me a msg on Gtalk, or PM me and I'll respond as soon as I possibly can!!

Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by G-Man View Post
    Ok, it's alright! Take a deep breath and relax! You didnt screw anything up - just simply missed the last step! To get into fastboot - turn off your phone. Press and HOLD the power button AND the volume down button until you see 'fastboot' appear in white text. when you see that pop up on the screen, press the volume UP button. Connect to your PC via the USB cable. You will need to have ADB download from my dropbox here ~~~> http://dl.dropbox.com/u/34025287/ADB and Fastboot.zip Extract the ADB.zip into a folder named something like ADB Fastboot on your desktop. Then, if you are using windows 7, HOLD the left shift key on your PC keyboard and RIGHT click on the folder you just extracted the .zip file to. Select 'open command window here' Otherwise, got to Start>Run and type CMD and press enter - then navigate to the folder on your desktop containing the ADB and Fastboot files. from there type this: fastboot oem unlock this will give you a unique ID# fastboot oem unlock It will then warn you that this process cannont be undone and that it may void your warranty. press 'Y' and hit enter. Thats all! You're done! You may have to type fastboot reboot afterwards to get the phone to reboot. But you should be successfully unlocked after completing this!
    When I hold down the power and volume up button it attempts to start the flashboot protocol but then says that they battery is too low to flash. Do I just leave it plugged in to charge? Cause its been sitting there doing that for over 24 hours and still isn't wanting to cooperate.

Rescue Squad
    Member #
    Liked
    486 times
    When I hold down the power and volume up button it attempts to start the flashboot protocol but then says that they battery is too low to flash. Do I just leave it plugged in to charge? Cause its been sitting there doing that for over 24 hours and still isn't wanting to cooperate.
    You'll have to resort to charging the hard way - unless you have a friend with the same phone, or if your local AT&T store is willing to charge the battery for you (only take the battery, not your Atrix) Maybe borrow a battery from a Droid X if you know someone with one - I think they both use the BH6X battery (?)

Rescue Squad
    Member #
    Liked
    423 times
    Ya, your phone does not charge in what is considered the 'bootloader state'.

Your options pretty much are to:
    Charge in a friend's ATRIX.
    Borrow a friend's battery.
    Charge in a store's ATRIX.
    Borrow the Droid X to charge the battery or borrow it's battery (Droid X uses BH6X also).
    Use the 'living on the edge' McGyver method.

Once you have a charged battery, try the above fastboot methods. Before you can use one of those methods to charge though, there is no option out. For the future, this is why full charge is best for hacking (even though I don't do this all the time, I really should).
    - Sam

I have much experience with unlocked bootloaders and custom ROMs on the original ATRIX. I will do my best to hold your hand through any problem, small or large, on any phone. Please open up a thread in the help section (or Rescue Squad section if your phone is in dire need) or PM me. I don't bite

Remove Ads

Ads