Welcome to the Atrix Forum - Motorola Atrix Forum.

Register ButtonIf this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

No Sound from Earpiece speaker

This is a discussion on No Sound from Earpiece speaker within the Motorola Atrix Help forums, part of the Motorola Atrix Support Forum category; Hi allAbout a month of usage, suddenly there is no audio from my atrix ear piece (i.e. Can't hear the other party in a voice ...

+ Reply to Thread
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times

No Sound from Earpiece speaker

Hi allAbout a month of usage, suddenly there is no audio from my atrix ear piece (i.e. Can't hear the other party in a voice call). Loudspeaker is still ok. Tried a factory reset but doesn't recover.I think it is a hardware fault, but I didn't drop the phone no nothing. Ok I did drop my phone but that was a few Weeks ago.Any one can advise ? Is this a common problem?Will bring my phone down to the service centre tomorrow. disappointed!

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    2015 times
    Before you take your phone in for work - have you unlocked the bootloader? That action will void your warranty and is unfortunately irreversible. You have no way to "re-lock" the phone.

-Mike
    GSM Galaxy Note 3 (Black) - Straight Stock
    GSM Galaxy Note 2 (Titanium) - Rooted running Jedi X20 Rom
    GSM Galaxy Nexus (Black) - Straight Stock

GSM Samsung Galaxy S3 (Red) - Rooted running Deadly Venom v8.0.1 Rom

Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by UltraDroid View Post
    Before you take your phone in for work - have you unlocked the bootloader? That action will void your warranty and is unfortunately irreversible. You have no way to "re-lock" the phone.-Mike
    Nope have not done that. Not sure if they will cover warranty as there is a chip off on my front due to the drop a few Weeks ago.

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    2015 times
    Quote Originally Posted by motome View Post
    Nope have not done that. Not sure if they will cover warranty as there is a chip off on my front due to the drop a few Weeks ago.
    Good - about the bootloader, I mean. We have had a number of new people who quickly unlock the bootloader, root and install a custom rom, then have something physically go wrong with the phone and find out that they've no way to get the screen fixed (as an example) under warranty, because they unlocked the bootloader. As long as that didn't happen in your case, you at least have a "level playing field" in your efforts to get the other problem resolved.

-Mike
    GSM Galaxy Note 3 (Black) - Straight Stock
    GSM Galaxy Note 2 (Titanium) - Rooted running Jedi X20 Rom
    GSM Galaxy Nexus (Black) - Straight Stock

GSM Samsung Galaxy S3 (Red) - Rooted running Deadly Venom v8.0.1 Rom

Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    I've had my phone for about a year and have the exact same problem... Did the factory reset, no change.
    Looks like I'll have to take it in for a repair.

Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    I woke up a week ago, and the same problem happened to me. This is my 3rd Atrix, the other 2 had problems with the USB port. Tried a factory reset, no luck. Ugh.

Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Hey Guys, I just had the same thing happen to my phone I first noticed the problem this past Saturday April 14, 2012... and can't help but notice two other folks reporting this within the past week.... Since we have all experienced this about the same time (or within a few days), I am thinking it is NOT the phone hardware, but that there may be some sort of software problem. (my phone turns one year old in May)

I encourage you to PLEASE also post your experience with this problem on the official Motorola support forum, if this is in fact a software problem, Motorola needs to be aware and should "I HOPE" take action.

Regards,
    Gary

p.s. My phone is "bone stock" never been tampered with and the only apps used were preloaded on the phone when I got it from the ATT Store.
    Last edited by Wildman; 04-16-2012 at 07:19 PM. Reason: see the ps line

Member #
    Liked
    0 times

Same issues here

This started happening to me last weekend - have to put calls on speakerphone to have a conversation. I actually had this same problem happen to me with my original iPhone. I took it in to the Apple store and they said there was some debris in the headphone jack that was triggering the phone to think it had a headset plugged in. Not sure if that's the same problem here and my phone's unfortunately past warranty now, over a year later, so not really into paying for service.

In the market for a new phone anyway as my Atrix has gotten increasingly buggy as of late. The timing of this problem with many people seemingly having the issue in the same week is curious however...

Ads