Welcome to the Atrix Forum - Motorola Atrix Forum.

Register ButtonIf this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

cannot get the phone to read my sd card

This is a discussion on cannot get the phone to read my sd card within the Motorola Atrix Help forums, part of the Motorola Atrix Support Forum category; my new atrix 2 for some reason wont read when i put my 16 gig class 4 sd card in it. tested card and works ...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times

cannot get the phone to read my sd card

my new atrix 2 for some reason wont read when i put my 16 gig class 4 sd card in it. tested card and works great with storage and transfer but when i shut off and put the card in and boot it always shows that there is no card in. i had this problem the first day i got it with the card that came with the phone. it came with a very regular sandisk 2 gig nothing special and it took me about 5 shut down restarts to get it to recognize the card. any help with if my phone if its just defective or if there is a file trick i can instal on the card to get my atrix to read it right off the bat. thanks

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    2016 times
    Hello craftyman, and welcome to Atrix Forums!

-Mike
    GSM Galaxy Note 3 (Black) - Straight Stock
    GSM Galaxy Note 2 (Titanium) - Rooted running Jedi X20 Rom
    GSM Galaxy Nexus (Black) - Straight Stock

GSM Samsung Galaxy S3 (Red) - Rooted running Deadly Venom v8.0.1 Rom

Banned
    Member #
    Liked
    12 times
    Quote Originally Posted by craftyman View Post
    my new atrix 2 for some reason wont read when i put my 16 gig class 4 sd card in it. tested card and works great with storage and transfer but when i shut off and put the card in and boot it always shows that there is no card in. i had this problem the first day i got it with the card that came with the phone. it came with a very regular sandisk 2 gig nothing special and it took me about 5 shut down restarts to get it to recognize the card. any help with if my phone if its just defective or if there is a file trick i can instal on the card to get my atrix to read it right off the bat. thanks
    So funny u should say that cause I just bought a class 4 16gb microsd hc card to replace my 8gb class 10 card that I had been using but was getting random r/o errors with, when that happened I could not save pics, screenshots or mount as usb mass storage. I hope the problem goes away with this new class 4 card as indicated on the motorola support forum. I put the card in and fired up the phone and it had no problem recognizing it right away. The fact that you had issues with this right out of the box tells me ur phone is bad, take it back.

Sent from my MB865 using Tapatalk

Rescue Squad
    Member #
    Liked
    646 times
    Have you tried formating the card? Settings/storage/format SD card.

Welcome to the forum.

Sent from my TapadaAtrix

Welcome to Android
    Atrix 4G Running CM9
    GNex Running JellyBelly JB 4.2 Custom
    Iconia A500 Running CM10
    Galaxy S3 Stock

Please feel free to PM me if you need any help, I'll get back to you as soon as I can..

Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    i took it out of the box and put it straight in and phone just gives me the warning that there is no sd card inserted into phone and i go the settings/ storage and it says no sd card. so i put it in my computer using windows 7 and reformatted it with fat32 and put all the files from the 2 gig it came with on the 16 and tried to insert when powered off into my phone and still nothing. ive tried turning it off taking taking the battery out and the car then reinserting the card then the battery then waiting for like 5 min then booting and many other ways and still nothing. its driving me crazy and im thinking based on what ive read throughout the forum not many people have any problems what so ever so im thinking i gotta go back and get another phone. sucks!
    any other advice or tricks would be great but otherwise im going to take it back cause it shouldnt be this hard to get it to read a sd card. thanks for the welcome guys i like the site and how quick i get posts and help so ill be here quite a bit. gonna need help after this to figure out the rooting of my phone and recommendations from some pros cause this is my first droid ever. i was an iphone man for years so this is all new to me.

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Twitter
    golfer_mfr
    Liked
    677 times
    What brand card is it?

Not to sound trite, but make sure it is fully seated. (I know, I know )

I don't have the stock software, so I'll have to wing it, but look at your settings and find the storage settings. Try mounting/unmounting the SD-ext card (on the Atrix, the internal card is known as the SDCard and the add-on card is known as SDCard-ext).

Please adhere to the Atrix Forum's Rules of Conduct

Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    to carl yeah man you know whats funny is the second before i looked at what you said i really looked hard and the sd card insert area where you slide in the card. aparently i was sliding it in above the copper connections i dont know how but apparently i was because i just angles my cards front end down a hair and it slid in smoother than i was used to ( not saying i was forcing it) but i was laying it in the pocket in the back and sliding straight over and there must be just enough clearance for it to slide over the reader all together. thanks to all for entertaining my stupidity but i got my nice class 4 working great no problems. of course if the atrix had come with you know like a reasonable instruction guide and not just a warning sheet they might have saved me a few hrs of irritation. anyways thanks again guys. on another note can someone po

Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    can't ge tmy Atrix 2 to conect to my PC or to recognised Micro XD card.

Rescue Squad
    Member #
    Liked
    646 times
    Make sure that you SD card is seated correctly. Have you downloaded MOTO's drivers?

Sent from my TapadaAtrix

Welcome to Android
    Atrix 4G Running CM9
    GNex Running JellyBelly JB 4.2 Custom
    Iconia A500 Running CM10
    Galaxy S3 Stock

Please feel free to PM me if you need any help, I'll get back to you as soon as I can..

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Twitter
    golfer_mfr
    Liked
    677 times
    Quote Originally Posted by josegonzalezbw View Post
    can't ge tmy Atrix 2 to conect to my PC or to recognised Micro XD card.
    Have you selected mass storage for your USB connection on your phone?

Please adhere to the Atrix Forum's Rules of Conduct

Ads