Welcome to the Atrix Forum - Motorola Atrix Forum.

Register ButtonIf this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Battery Meters Not Matching

This is a discussion on Battery Meters Not Matching within the Motorola Atrix Help forums, part of the Motorola Atrix Support Forum category; Recently I have been having substantially lower battery life than I have been getting. When I got the phone about 2 months ago I could ...

Member #
    Twitter
    chunew21
    Liked
    0 times

Battery Meters Not Matching

Recently I have been having substantially lower battery life than I have been getting. When I got the phone about 2 months ago I could use it all day and still have 50% battery left, but now I use 50% battery in 6 hours with very little use. (Battery manager says usage is all from Phone Idle) I have been using both the Battery Solo Widget and the Circle Battery widget. I have noticed that not all the battery meters are giving me the same reading or even close to the same. Just a couple hours ago, the Circle Battery said 52% while battery solo widget said 60%, and the Android battery meter was orange which is normally around 40%, so i turned off the phone to restart it. I let the battery meter that shows on screen while the phone is off and charging come on and it says 80%. I turn the phone back on and within 5 minutes it says it is completely charged. Any idea what is going on here? I feel like the battery meter is not calibrated properly causing inaccurate readings and need to be recalibrated, but I have no idea how to do that or if it is even possible. My phone is NOT Rooted and I am running Android version 2.3.4 that came with the phone.

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    2018 times
    Welcome to Atrix Forums, I moved your post to the "Help" area. Please remember to post your questions in the proper areas to insure you get an answer to your problem quickly.

-Mike
    GSM Galaxy Note 3 (Black) - Straight Stock
    GSM Galaxy Note 2 (Titanium) - Rooted running Jedi X20 Rom
    GSM Galaxy Nexus (Black) - Straight Stock

GSM Samsung Galaxy S3 (Red) - Rooted running Deadly Venom v8.0.1 Rom

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Twitter
    golfer_mfr
    Liked
    677 times
    I'm a little confused by your post, but I think I got the gist of it. I would suggest that you charge your phone overnight then, while still plugged in, pull your battery out and then put it back in. This should reset you to 100%. Check your battery stats to see what mv you have...that's a better indication than the battery meters. In any case, remember that the stock meter reads in increments of 10% so it could say 60% and actually be 62% or 69%. Circle widget does give a better indication in that regards. I would also suggest that you do a full cycle of your battery to full discharge and full charge a couple of times to calibrate your battery stats.
    Please adhere to the Atrix Forum's Rules of Conduct

Remove Ads

Ads