Welcome to the Atrix Forum - Motorola Atrix Forum.

Register ButtonIf this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Power issue: After flashing my OrangeAtrix The phone wont start up. No light

This is a discussion on Power issue: After flashing my OrangeAtrix The phone wont start up. No light within the Motorola Atrix Help forums, part of the Motorola Atrix Support Forum category; I just rooted/unlocked bootloader/flash orange 2.3.4 and installed Alien build 4. Everything went fine and I started to use the phone. This morning when adding ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Power issue: After flashing my OrangeAtrix The phone wont start up. No light

Member #
    Liked
    0 times

Power issue: After flashing my OrangeAtrix The phone wont start up. No light

I just rooted/unlocked bootloader/flash orange 2.3.4 and installed Alien build 4. Everything went fine and I started to use the phone. This morning when adding folder to my home screen the phone just died on me. Bringing up the phone using power button does not seem to work. There is no LED flashing light and the phone won't start up. Even recharging it does not seem to power up the phone. plugging it into pc does not fire up device recognition. removing the battery and inserting it back does not help. I also can't get to recovery to flash back. Please, please help. Is there any work around.

Rescue Squad
    Member #
    Liked
    423 times
    Does holding down power and volume down bring up the boot menu?

How about removing battery, plug the phone in a wall outlet, and try the above.

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk
    - Sam

I have much experience with unlocked bootloaders and custom ROMs on the original ATRIX. I will do my best to hold your hand through any problem, small or large, on any phone. Please open up a thread in the help section (or Rescue Squad section if your phone is in dire need) or PM me. I don't bite

Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Hey thanks for the quick reply. I have tried both method. Nothing happen. The phone does not do any thing. No light and it does not start.

Rescue Squad
    Member #
    Liked
    646 times
    You are supposed to plug it without the battery until the led comes on then replace the battery.

Sent from Rob's TapadaAtrix
    Welcome to Android
    Atrix 4G Running CM9
    GNex Running JellyBelly JB 4.2 Custom
    Iconia A500 Running CM10
    Galaxy S3 Stock

Please feel free to PM me if you need any help, I'll get back to you as soon as I can..

Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Thanks Rob,

I have manage to start the phone. cheers for your advice. I have decided to remove my Alien build 4 ROM from my phone. I am going to delete the cache, Delvik, user data. after that when I try to restore to my clean copy that I save when flashing 2.3.4 FR orange it says error while restoring /system!. How do I remove the rom. Will flashing again 2.3.4 FR hard brick my phone.

Rescue Squad
    Member #
    Liked
    646 times
    No problem friend, we are here to help.

Welcome!

Sent from Rob's TapadaIconia
    Welcome to Android
    Atrix 4G Running CM9
    GNex Running JellyBelly JB 4.2 Custom
    Iconia A500 Running CM10
    Galaxy S3 Stock

Please feel free to PM me if you need any help, I'll get back to you as soon as I can..

Rescue Squad
    Member #
    Liked
    423 times
    2.3.4 Orange SBF is that what you want to flash? Or do you have a stock 2.3.4 ROM .zip for CWM..either one should be fine to install. Sorry for my quick instructions, I was running off to a long day at work. Glad you got it up, now we can troubleshoot and fix it. Reinstalling the ROM (alien or anything else) should fix the phone no problem too.
    - Sam

I have much experience with unlocked bootloaders and custom ROMs on the original ATRIX. I will do my best to hold your hand through any problem, small or large, on any phone. Please open up a thread in the help section (or Rescue Squad section if your phone is in dire need) or PM me. I don't bite

Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Hi sam,

thanks for your help. Ok. This is the thing I have done.

1. I have reflashed Orange FR 2.3.4 back to my phone and that seem to have fixed the start up issue I keep getting. Also fixed bootloop.
    The only issue is Alien build 4 is very buggy and screwed my phone.

alien build 4 theme has the following issue also
    1. Died on me while using it and power does not come up.
    2. When you get it up the setting stock app does not work
    3. Wireless stock app also does not work.
    4. I did decide to go back to Alien build 3 but to reinstall that you have to remove alien build 4.

Question
    1.Sam do you know any good Custom ROM out there that works with (orangeFR 2.3.4). {att: link to them }
    2. Also how do you remove Custom Rom permentely from your phone
    3. How do you remove GB (Orange FR) from your phone

Thanks in advance for your expertice

Kind regards,
    Ahmad

Rescue Squad
    Member #
    Liked
    423 times
    Ya, the theme has had issues with some people.

Honestly not sure, I'm on AT&T but if you look at xda try to find a ROM based off an international kernel for best results.
    To get stock you would have to install a 'stock' ROM, I'll have to look for one tonight because I am off to work. The problem is after installing a Gingerbread ROM to the ATRIX, a fuse switches and trying to go back to Froyo (pre Gingerbread) will hard brick the phone. And all the Motorola leaked sbf files for restoring system files are 2.2.2 Froyo.
    - Sam

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Twitter
    golfer_mfr
    Liked
    677 times
    To get back to "near" stock, visit XDA-Developer's forum and look for "Fruitcakes" ... find the appropriate Fruitcake for your phone and install that.

Darkside is a good custom rom that works with International phones. CM7 is another (hence RedPill Hybrid)

You remove one rom by replacing it with another.

Make sure you are doing a good wipe prior to changing roms. Using fastboot, enter fastboot -w to clear user data, then in recovery, wipe cache and user data, wipe davlik cache. Then install new rom.
    Please adhere to the Atrix Forum's Rules of Conduct

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

Ads