Welcome to the Atrix Forum - Motorola Atrix Forum.

Register ButtonIf this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

LOW RAM atfer bootloader unlock

This is a discussion on LOW RAM atfer bootloader unlock within the Motorola Atrix Help forums, part of the Motorola Atrix Support Forum category; Hi to all ! I've an atrix 45.31.0 Retail,en,FR (GgB 2.3.4) build 4.5.2A-74_OLE-31, kernel 2.6.32.9 I've unlocked the bootloader through this tutorial http://www.atrixforums.com/forum/mot...stom-roms.html using Unlocker ...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: LOW RAM atfer bootloader unlock

Member #
    Liked
    1 times

LOW RAM atfer bootloader unlock

Hi to all !

I've an atrix 45.31.0 Retail,en,FR (GgB 2.3.4) build 4.5.2A-74_OLE-31, kernel 2.6.32.9

I've unlocked the bootloader through this tutorial [TUT]Unlocking Bootloader and Installing Custom ROMs using Unlocker only SBFs (IHOP) and I've installed the CWM using another CWM (the file name is "recovery-en-goapk-0630-1029") ... Everything well but ... now my total RAM is only 372 MB instead 1 GB ! I've read here [ROM & FIX] (fastboot) 2.3.4 OrangeFR (Jul5: 4.5.2A-11) w/ RAM fix for Intl. unlocked - xda-developers but I don't now very well english and I am afraid to make some mistake. When I digit on my terminal emulator (on phone) cat /proc/cmdline the result is tegrapart=mbr:1100:100:800,kpanic:2500:400:800 and so, I think, I have to use the file "ORFR234-tegrapart-1100100.boot.img" : is correct?
    I'm sorry for my bad english and my total inexperience ... thanks
    pol

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    1998 times
    Hello pol.bob, and welcome to Atrix Forums! We are delighted to have you as a member. I'm sorry that you are having difficulties with your phone, but I'm afraid that as a non-tech person, I can't be of much help to you. If you can hold on awhile, one of our excellent Rescue Squad guys will swing by and give you a hand.

Welcome aboard!

-Mike
    GSM Galaxy Note 3 (Black) - Straight Stock
    GSM Galaxy Note 2 (Titanium) - Rooted running Jedi X20 Rom
    GSM Galaxy Nexus (Black) - Straight Stock

GSM Samsung Galaxy S3 (Red) - Rooted running Deadly Venom v8.0.1 Rom

Member #
    Twitter
    luradke
    Liked
    117 times
    Yes that is correct! I am on Canada's Bell network so I have (had) the RAM issue also. That is how I initially solved it. But just know that as soon as you flash to a new rom you will need to reflash that img file. I solved this by installing a new kernel that Dorian gave me. However, if you want to flash a rom like CM7 or the RedPill CM7 Hybrid (RC1) then you shouldn't have the ram issue.

Also once you flash that file you will only have around 800-850Mb of ram. It is more than enough to work your phone, but don't be upset that you can't get the 1Gb back.

Congrats on the successful unlock! it seems everything has gone right for you!!

EDIT: Here is the link to the Kernel Dorian gave me. Download it on to your phone and flash via CWM. - ROM - RedPill Beta - v3 - 7/23
    Last edited by Lradke; 12-12-2011 at 02:55 PM.
    ~Luke

Nottachtrix 2.0 with UbunTopLX

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    [QUOTE=Lradke;83458]Yes that is correct! I am on Canada's Bell network so I have (had) the RAM issue also. That is how I initially solved it. But just know that as soon as you flash to a new rom you will need to reflash that img file. I solved this by installing a new kernel that Dorian gave me. However, if you want to flash a rom like CM7 or the RedPill CM7 Hybrid (RC1) then you shouldn't have the ram issue.Also once you flash that file you will only have around 800-850Mb of ram. It is more than enough to work your phone, but don't be upset that you can't get the 1Gb back.Congrats on the successful unlock! it seems everything has gone right for you!!EDIT: Here is the link to the Kernel Dorian gave me. Download it on to your phone and flash via CWM. - ROM - RedPill Beta - v3 - 7/23[/ QUOTE]Thanks a lot for your help. Tomorrow I will try to use this kernel because actually I wish stay with original rom, I need to use the webtop and the cooked rom don't support that, isn't it? Another question, why is not possible to have all ram like started point? Thanks for the supportpol

Member #
    Twitter
    luradke
    Liked
    117 times
    Quote Originally Posted by pol.bob View Post
    Thanks a lot for your help. Tomorrow I will try to use this kernel because actually I wish stay with original rom, I need to use the webtop and the cooked rom don't support that, isn't it? Another question, why is not possible to have all ram like started point? Thanks for the supportpol
    From my understanding some of the roms don't support the webtop. I know that the CM7 doesnt anyway. As for the decrease in ram I don't know what causes that. It just happens and I was told to expect it.

Tapa'd while cruising the RedPill Hybrid!
    pol.bob and thekooliest like this.
    ~Luke

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    thank you Lradke I've install new kernel and now ram is about 850 MB ... and I can overcllock the cpu. It's ok for now, when will be a rom with webtop workig I'll install it. Bye
    pol
    thekooliest likes this.

Rescue Squad
    Member #
    Liked
    423 times
    Glad you got it all figured out, it's a bummer no one has found a way to fix the international pudding so this extra step wasn't necessary. Enjoy the phone!

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk
    - Sam

I have much experience with unlocked bootloaders and custom ROMs on the original ATRIX. I will do my best to hold your hand through any problem, small or large, on any phone. Please open up a thread in the help section (or Rescue Squad section if your phone is in dire need) or PM me. I don't bite

Member #
    Twitter
    luradke
    Liked
    117 times
    Quote Originally Posted by pol.bob View Post
    thank you Lradke I've install new kernel and now ram is about 850 MB ... and I can overcllock the cpu. It's ok for now, when will be a rom with webtop workig I'll install it. Bye
    pol
    I'm glad it all worked out for you!

Tapa'd while cruising the RedPill Hybrid!
    ~Luke

Member #
    Twitter
    mayhemrules
    Liked
    2 times

Hi guys

I had the exact same issue. Have an Atrix 4G rooted and unlocked however my RAM was only 300 something MB.

So I installed Dorian's kernel with CWM but after reboot the Atrix stayed at the Motorola logo screen. Im sure the kernel had something to do with it but I don't know how to reverse it.

Should I reinstall the sbf? It does allow me to fastboot and RSD mode

Any ideas?
    Last edited by mayhemrules; 01-18-2012 at 01:56 PM.

Member #
    Twitter
    luradke
    Liked
    117 times
    I'm not sure how to fix your issue...I would say to go the fastboot way and so the ram fix or flash one of Faux's unified kernels...but I don't know what to do due to the flashing of Dorian's kernel. Lube post exactly what you did and I am sure a rescue squad guy will be able to help you out soon!

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk
    ~Luke

Ads