Welcome to the Atrix Forum - Motorola Atrix Forum.

Register ButtonIf this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Phone won't power on?

This is a discussion on Phone won't power on? within the Motorola Atrix Help forums, part of the Motorola Atrix Support Forum category; I've had my Atrix less than a week, I've not done anything special (no rooting, no apps out of the ordinary). It's been working great, ...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times

Phone won't power on?

I've had my Atrix less than a week, I've not done anything special (no rooting, no apps out of the ordinary). It's been working great, until... yesterday I ran it all the way down to no battery. I plugged it into USB to charge, and the green light came on. Checked this morning, no green light. When you push the power button, the green LED comes on for about 6 seconds, then blinks, then goes out. Does the same thing whether connected to external power or not. I tried popping and replacing the battery. I tried the "power button + volume down" -- nothing. You see no life of any kind on the phone except for the green LED.

Any ideas? The thing seems bricked... I've tried two USB cables, a wall charger and a PC as the charger, to no avail.

Thanks!
    Mike

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    602 times
    Check the help section, I don't have time right this second to search. Or use search function. This happened to another user, and he figured out what the problem was. I'm sorry I can't remember the solution off the top of my head.

Best of luck to you, sir.

"Just come on over to the Droid side. Its fun and we have cookies " - Gerseppy
    "If the Atrix Forums came in liquid form, I would totally shoot this sweet stuff up. But for now, I'm stuck snorting it! But man it's a rush!! " - ME, the Monsta

Stupid refers to lack of ability while Ignorant refers to lack of knowledge.

Member #
    Liked
    8 times
    Yea this happened to a lot of people in the beginning but it usually turned out to be a dead battery. In your case, you've plugged it in, taken the battery out, etc so I would think you should go get it replaced. There were a lot of defected batteries so you may be one of the unlucky ones.

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    602 times
    Thank you for chiming in, I'm a bit side tracked with work, so I couldn't dig up your thread where that happened.

"If the Atrix Forums came in liquid form, I would totally shoot this sweet stuff up. But for now, I'm stuck snorting it! But man it's a rush!! " - ME, the Monsta

Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Thanks, Monsta & Chunli -- sounds like a lemon battery. To the store I go... (Monsta -- I found the post you referenced... my initial search-fu skills failed me, hence this repost... ah well...)

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    602 times
    It's alright, I understand. Double posts happen some times.

As long as my overlords don't have me executed for allowing this nonsense!

Good luck on a speedy replacement.

Member #
    Liked
    8 times
    definitely call ahead before you go. i dunno about where you are, but theres atrix battery shortages over here in so cal (orange county area at least).

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    602 times
    Psh.. I run orange county! They wouldn't question giving me a new battery down there! haha.

Member #
    I am on a drug. It's called Charlie Sheen. It's not available. If you try it once, you will die.
    Liked
    68 times
    Hope you get it taken care of.. I know that must be frustrating..
    iPhone -> iPhone 3 -> iPhone 3GS -> iPhone 4 -> Atrix.

Anyone looking for a like new Panasonic ToughBook laptop?

Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Looks like I won't need a new battery -- the Moto wall charger was able to wake the phone up, where the PC and my generic wall charger could not. Battery life seemed fine before the 0%=dead issue.

@Jeremy: Your phone progression (iPhone -> iPhone 3 -> iPhone 3GS -> iPhone 4 -> Atrix) is the same as mine. My only remaining gripe is that there still isn't a decent music solution for those of us with a crapton of iTunes metadata on large song libraries. :-P

Ads