Welcome to the Atrix Forum - Motorola Atrix Forum.

Register ButtonIf this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Soft Brick after Gingerbread Update

This is a discussion on Soft Brick after Gingerbread Update within the Motorola Atrix Help forums, part of the Motorola Atrix Support Forum category; Hi guys I have an Atrix 4g, carrier T-Mobile, which I had previously installed the GingerBlur Rom on. I stupidly downloaded the Gingerbread update a ...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By das8nt

Thread: Soft Brick after Gingerbread Update

Member #
    Liked
    0 times

Soft Brick after Gingerbread Update

Hi guys

I have an Atrix 4g, carrier T-Mobile, which I had previously installed the GingerBlur Rom on. I stupidly downloaded the Gingerbread update a couple of nights ago via update service on phone iteself. I hadn't expected it would automatically install after download! My problem is that the update wants to restart the phone in order to proceed but when it does the phone wont restart properly and I get message "Failed to Boot 2 Starting RSD Mode". I then have to pull battery then power up again. This then enables the phone to start up properly (with Custom Rom) but it will restart again after about 30 seconds to a minute and so the process continues.

I have tried (within the 30 second time limit) to boot into Clockwork recovery console but this has never worked and results in same startup error - "Failed to Boot 2 Starting RSD Mode". Curiously though when the battery dies and I attach to charger, it seems to boot into a mode that offers a list of options although I cant remember what they are at time of writing. I assume this is the recovery mode but I am not sure.

I am unable to do anything due to the fact that the phone reboots continuosly.

Any help you guys can offer will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in Advance.

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    2018 times
    Hello RevSanchez, and welcome to Atrix Forums! We are delighted to have you for a member. I'm afraid I can't be of a lot of assistance to you with your problem, not being a technician. We do however have an excellent group of guys known as the Rescue Squad, and they have the answers that you're looking for. If you can hang on awhile, one of them will swing by and give you a hand.

Welcome aboard!

-Mike
    GSM Galaxy Note 3 (Black) - Straight Stock
    GSM Galaxy Note 2 (Titanium) - Rooted running Jedi X20 Rom
    GSM Galaxy Nexus (Black) - Straight Stock

GSM Samsung Galaxy S3 (Red) - Rooted running Deadly Venom v8.0.1 Rom

Rescue Squad
    Member #
    Liked
    231 times
    Quote Originally Posted by RevAngelSanchez View Post
    I have tried (within the 30 second time limit) to boot into Clockwork recovery console but this has never worked and results in same startup error - "Failed to Boot 2 Starting RSD Mode". Curiously though when the battery dies and I attach to charger, it seems to boot into a mode that offers a list of options although I cant remember what they are at time of writing. I assume this is the recovery mode but I am not sure.

I am unable to do anything due to the fact that the phone reboots continuosly.

Any help you guys can offer will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in Advance.
    From what you are describing this sounds like recovery. Your first option would be fastboot. As your scroll down, your 7th option should be Android Recovery (I did this about <insert large number here> times last night). You can get to this menu by holding the volume down button and the power button (just in case you didn't know).

From here you should be able to boot in to fastboot and flash a recovery if you haven't already. If the ROM you are using requires a specific recovery, flash that one to it. Reboot in to recovery and try to flash your custom ROM again. I had trouble with the first two ROMs I tried last night before going to CM7. CM7 worked fine with no issues. I am still in the learning process myself, so if someone has a more informed answer, please do correct me if I am wrong.

Super Moderator/RS
    Member #
    Twitter
    @das8nt
    Liked
    1281 times
    Unfortunately, it sounds like your bootloader is still locked, correct? GingerBlur was a P-ROM that was around before unlocking was available. The CWM Recovery he was trying to access was only a bootstrap recovery and was wiped out by the failed install.

I believe your only two options at this point would be to either use the RSD option to flash the stock 2.3.4 SBF found here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...&postcount=276 (second file in that post, of course), with this guide: [HOW TO] Use RSD Lite to Flash a SBF File - Motorola Atrix, OR unlock your bootloader and proceed to custom ROMs.

If you choose RSD, I would advise against trying to flash anything pre-2.3.4 incase the bootloader was already flashed during the failed install.

Sent via 2.3.4 Rooted/Unlocked Moto Atrix using Tapatalk
    UltraDroid likes this.

AtrixForums.com : My Anti-Drug : Above the iNfluence

Remove Ads

Ads