Welcome to the Atrix Forum - Motorola Atrix Forum.

Register ButtonIf this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

PDS PARTITION FIX (Screen + Cpu's Frequency Restored)

This is a discussion on PDS PARTITION FIX (Screen + Cpu's Frequency Restored) within the Motorola Atrix Help forums, part of the Motorola Atrix Support Forum category; Originally Posted by Alaq You listed above that this changes the Wifi Mac and the Bluetooth Mac, but does it change the IMEI aswell? It ...

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: PDS PARTITION FIX (Screen + Cpu's Frequency Restored)

Super Moderator/RS
    Member #
    Twitter
    @das8nt
    Liked
    1281 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Alaq View Post
    You listed above that this changes the Wifi Mac and the Bluetooth Mac, but does it change the IMEI aswell?
    It actually doesn't change any of those. It flashes everything in the PDS partition EXCEPT those.

Sent from my Unlocked/Rooted/Stock Moto Atrix using Tapatalk

AtrixForums.com : My Anti-Drug : Above the iNfluence

Rescue Squad
    Member #
    Liked
    486 times
    Yep - I posted this quite some time ago (cant find the thread now) when a member had partitioned the internal SD card and hosed his .pds partition. The only thing about it at the time was that people reported unusual CPU temps and throttling freq. This may have been fixed by now though... I haven't been to that thread in a looong time.

If you need help, and I appear to be offline, shoot me a msg on Gtalk, or PM me and I'll respond as soon as I possibly can!!

Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    hey i have the same touchscreen problem everyone's having on my atrix aswell :S
    keyboard doesnt function properly and the top 1/4 part of the screen isn't responding.

Im kinda unfamiliar with this code thing lol, so i wanted to ask , what exactly should I do after downloading the (.img) file?
    and can this process be undone?

many thanks

Super Moderator/RS
    Member #
    Twitter
    @das8nt
    Liked
    1281 times
    Quote Originally Posted by himos93 View Post
    hey i have the same touchscreen problem everyone's having on my atrix aswell :S
    keyboard doesnt function properly and the top 1/4 part of the screen isn't responding.

Im kinda unfamiliar with this code thing lol, so i wanted to ask , what exactly should I do after downloading the (.img) file?
    and can this process be undone?

many thanks
    You should set up ADB (see here on the proper way to do it: http://www.addictivetips.com/mobile/...ll-it-android/) on your PC you'll be working with and then you'll be able to run the commands in the first post. You can put the image file in the same folder where the guide linked above has you place the Android SDK/ADB files to make it easier.

There's also a quick and dirty ADB setup package that you can use in a pinch. You can grab the package here: http://das8nt.com/downloads.html, then you would need to extract the zip to a folder on you C:\ drive, say c:\android, then you would place the img file in that same folder, open a command window, then navigate to that folder by typing in

cd c:\android

When you have the C:\android> prompt, then you plug in your phone and follow the commands in the first post. Make sure ADB debugging is turned on in your phone.

Sent from my Unlocked/Rooted/Stock Moto Atrix using Tapatalk

Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Hey,
    i think i have a big problem. I tried to solve my screen problem with this fix but after the "moto-fastboot reboot" the atrix does not boot again. There comes no Motorola logo just the green LED light is on.

I'm not able to go into recovery or fastboot, also force fastboot with power and volume up does not work. I also loaded my Atrix over night so the battery is not empty.

In the command window after flashing the pdsfix it seemed that everything was ok, i also did an image: img205.imageshack.us/img205/1...mandpdsfix.jpg

Before i have flashed this fix i did not know that a problem like this could happen.

I hope you can help me.

Super Moderator/RS
    Member #
    Twitter
    @das8nt
    Liked
    1281 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Mystify View Post
    Hey,
    i think i have a big problem. I tried to solve my screen problem with this fix but after the "moto-fastboot reboot" the atrix does not boot again. There comes no Motorola logo just the green LED light is on.

I'm not able to go into recovery or fastboot, also force fastboot with power and volume up does not work. I also loaded my Atrix over night so the battery is not empty.

In the command window after flashing the pdsfix it seemed that everything was ok, i also did an image: img205.imageshack.us/img205/1...mandpdsfix.jpg

Before i have flashed this fix i did not know that a problem like this could happen.

I hope you can help me.
    I don't know that the two things are related, being the fix and your current problem, but that doesn't help.

Have you tried to remove the battery, plug the phone in to get the green LED (try both USB and wall), and then immediately insert the battery while the LED is on? Or maybe wait to put it back in until the battery and ? show up.

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk 2

Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    yes i tried it but the phone still gives no request. I measured the Voltage with a Voltmeter and it showed up 3,46 V. After loading the phone about half an hour the Voltage is still the same.
    Now i will try to load the battey with an external battery charger where i can regulate the Voltage, current and capacity. The battery has 4 pins, do i only need the two outer? (+/-).
    At the battery charger i regulate the voltage to 3,7V, the current to 650mA and the capacity to 1930mAh. Are these values ok?

Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    ok i loaded the battery until 4,16 V and put it back into the Atrix. But there was still no request only the green LED was on.
    So I got the tip to build a Factory Cable where i can use my Atrix without battery.

But with the Factory Cable there is still the same problem. Therefore i think there is no problem with the battery. The Factory Cable should work, I checked the the voltage and my USB port still works.

I think my last chance is to try warranty, isn't it?

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    2018 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Mystify View Post
    I think my last chance is to try warranty, isn't it?
    No, the last chance/choice is to find someone who can fix your phone and *pay* them to fix it. Why involve the carrier or Motorola?
    GSM Galaxy Note 3 (Black) - Straight Stock
    GSM Galaxy Note 2 (Titanium) - Rooted running Jedi X20 Rom
    GSM Galaxy Nexus (Black) - Straight Stock

GSM Samsung Galaxy S3 (Red) - Rooted running Deadly Venom v8.0.1 Rom

acb
    Member #
    Liked
    57 times
    Hey guys,

I know this is an old thread and all, but I thought I would post and see if anyone had any ideas. My touchscreen and capacitive buttons are sometimes unresponsive when waking from sleep and I can't unlock the phone or do anything. Sometimes if I push the lock button several times, turning the screen on and off, it will finally work. But usually I have to do a battery pull. When I do a battery pull and boot the phone back up, it ALWAYS works again.

This REALLY sounds like the pds partition problem to me. But I have used the fix described in this post to no avail. I have even done clean wipe and put a different rom on my phone (neutrino and then cm7 rc, so they were both cm7-based). Any ideas? I have a hard time believing this is hardware-related, but I suppose it's possible. Thanks!

edit: Forgot to mention - when it happens, it affects the whole screen, not just part of it.
    Last edited by acb; 06-15-2012 at 01:59 PM.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

Ads