Welcome to the Atrix Forum - Motorola Atrix Forum.

Register ButtonIf this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

PDS PARTITION FIX (Screen + Cpu's Frequency Restored)

This is a discussion on PDS PARTITION FIX (Screen + Cpu's Frequency Restored) within the Motorola Atrix Help forums, part of the Motorola Atrix Support Forum category; Originally Posted by das8nt Don't feel too bad; to be fair the OP doesn't actually come out and say it. But, you need it. Sent ...

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: PDS PARTITION FIX (Screen + Cpu's Frequency Restored)

Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by das8nt View Post
    Don't feel too bad; to be fair the OP doesn't actually come out and say it. But, you need it.

Sent from my rooted Atrix 2 via Tapatalk
    Haha thanks for being so helpful, I really appreciate it!

Okay so I rooted it and then used this method, but the dead spots are still on my screen am I supposed to do anything after or what?
    Last edited by kpally; 07-09-2012 at 03:23 AM.

Super Moderator/RS
    Member #
    Twitter
    @das8nt
    Liked
    1281 times
    Quote Originally Posted by kpally View Post
    Haha thanks for being so helpful, I really appreciate it!

Okay so I rooted it and then used this method, but the dead spots are still on my screen am I supposed to do anything after or what?
    What location are the dead spots in? Is it just a single strip at top or bottom, or one side? Or are they scattered?

If you followed all steps and cleared the cache (as the OP said might be necessary), then there's nothing else that should be needed, IF the PDS was indeed the problem. It's possible that it could be the digitizer instead.

I'm also wondering if the provided GB file is the correct version since this was posted prior to the 4.5.141 update. I don't know if that would make a difference or not.

AtrixForums.com : My Anti-Drug : Above the iNfluence

Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    What location are the dead spots in? Is it just a single strip at top or bottom, or one side? Or are they scattered?

If you followed all steps and cleared the cache (as the OP said might be necessary), then there's nothing else that should be needed, IF the PDS was indeed the problem. It's possible that it could be the digitizer instead.

I'm also wondering if the provided GB file is the correct version since this was posted prior to the 4.5.141 update. I don't know if that would make a difference or not.
    Maybe it is the digitizer then. There's a dead spot near the top of the screen as well as near the bottom. Hmm maybe it is the GB file. Is there a different img file that I can use instead or am I out of hope?

Super Moderator/RS
    Member #
    Twitter
    @das8nt
    Liked
    1281 times
    Quote Originally Posted by kpally View Post
    Maybe it is the digitizer then. There's a dead spot near the top of the screen as well as near the bottom. Hmm maybe it is the GB file. Is there a different img file that I can use instead or am I out of hope?
    Well, I don't know of a more up-to-date file. I see you found the original thread on XDA. I would think the newest file would be posted there if anyone had pulled it. These are being pulled from the Android SDK. I could try to pull the newest one (if the SDK is updated properly), but I don't know enough about this to know if anything needs to be modified prior to flashing it.

Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Hi, I posted a thread about part of my touch screen not being responsive. how exactly do I do this? I'm a bit of a noob. So i downloaded the file for gingerbread and extracted it, then what?

Super Moderator/RS
    Member #
    Twitter
    @das8nt
    Liked
    1281 times
    Quote Originally Posted by PrashRamani12 View Post
    Hi, I posted a thread about part of my touch screen not being responsive. how exactly do I do this? I'm a bit of a noob. So i downloaded the file for gingerbread and extracted it, then what?
    This may or may not be your answer. It could be a digitizer problem. Have you altered your software or system files?

This either needs you to have root access OR have the bootloader unlocked? Do you have either or both?

Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    This may or may not be your answer. It could be a digitizer problem. Have you altered your software or system files?

This either needs you to have root access OR have the bootloader unlocked? Do you have either or both?

My system files and software have not been altered in any way, I am completely stock right now.

Also, I haven't rooted/unlocked the bootloader yet. I wanted to wait until after the ICS update to root and or unlock the bootloader.

So do I have to wait until then to try this fix?

Super Moderator/RS
    Member #
    Twitter
    @das8nt
    Liked
    1281 times
    My system files and software have not been altered in any way, I am completely stock right now.

Also, I haven't rooted/unlocked the bootloader yet. I wanted to wait until after the ICS update to root and or unlock the bootloader.

So do I have to wait until then to try this fix?
    Yes, this fix method requires one or the other.

If you haven't messed with anything, though, it's very likely that this fix, and in turn its cause, is not applicable to you. I don't recall any stock phones being afflicted by a PDS partition screen misalignment. It might end up being the digitizer.

Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Yes, this fix method requires one or the other.

If you haven't messed with anything, though, it's very likely that this fix, and in turn its cause, is not applicable to you. I don't recall any stock phones being afflicted by a PDS partition screen misalignment. It might end up being the digitizer.

Okay so it must be the digitizer.

the strange thing is, the responsiveness of that area of my screen comes back briefly sometimes, and then goes away. I really dont know why. Anyway I am out of warranty so I guess I'll have to live with it until I can upgrade. Is it something that can get worse over time?

Super Moderator/RS
    Member #
    Twitter
    @das8nt
    Liked
    1281 times
    Okay so it must be the digitizer.

the strange thing is, the responsiveness of that area of my screen comes back briefly sometimes, and then goes away. I really dont know why. Anyway I am out of warranty so I guess I'll have to live with it until I can upgrade. Is it something that can get worse over time?
    It might. It sounds like it could be a loose connection where the ribbon is seated that depends on how the phone is held/squeezed as to how much the issue shows itself. Of course, this is just a guess. I would lean towards something like that more than software since it comes and goes.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

Ads