Welcome to the Atrix Forum - Motorola Atrix Forum.

Register ButtonIf this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Random reboots and SD cards.

This is a discussion on Random reboots and SD cards. within the Motorola Atrix Help forums, part of the Motorola Atrix Support Forum category; So I've noticed that a lot of people are having random reboots while listening to music and that they for the most part also have ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times

Random reboots and SD cards.

So I've noticed that a lot of people are having random reboots while listening to music and that they for the most part also have a secondary SD card installed. I recently got a 32GB PNY Class 10 Micro SD card and I didn't realize it until a bit ago that this was most likely the root of my rebooting problems. Also, when I plug my phone in to my PC via USB, sometimes, not often, but sometimes on my PC if I open My Computer and just watch, the SD and my phone's internal HD will pop up and disappear randomly like it detects it but can't sustain a connection with it. I'm more or less just trying to find out if this is just a normal problem or if my SD card is faulty and needs to be replaced. Being I can put it in the Micro SD -> SD adapter and all is well confuses me somewhat. I guess it just might not have a very good connection or something? Thanks in advance!

Rescue Squad
    Member #
    Liked
    646 times
    It might just be the card itself. I never heard of cards appearing and disappearing while connected to a PC.

Sent From Rob's DarkSided ATRIX.
    Last edited by RobKort; 01-09-2012 at 10:10 AM.
    Welcome to Android
    Atrix 4G Running CM9
    GNex Running JellyBelly JB 4.2 Custom
    Iconia A500 Running CM10
    Galaxy S3 Stock

Please feel free to PM me if you need any help, I'll get back to you as soon as I can..

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Twitter
    golfer_mfr
    Liked
    677 times
    I've heard of this and similar issues being caused by the card not being fully seated in the slot. Ensure that you've completely seated the card when you install it.
    Please adhere to the Atrix Forum's Rules of Conduct

Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    I might just put the Micro SD in the SD adapter and put it into my PC's SD card slot a few times and see if I can get it to do the same, if it does, it'll be the card itself, if it doesn't, I suppose I'd be looking at the Atrix's Micro SD card slot itself...

Rescue Squad
    Member #
    Liked
    231 times
    I have had a PNY 32GB class 10 card since a few weeks before Christmas. The only ROM that gives me trouble with rebooted is MIUI, and it happens about every 48 hours of run time. Haven't nailed down the cause yet, but I also have not moved on to a different SD card for testing.

Sent from the most awesome ROOTed Atrix evar!

Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    That's the thing, it does it even when it's blank, I just wanted it to put music on, the end, period and use the 16GB internal for everything else. I did manage to get most of my music onto it before I realized what was causing my reboots though. But now I guess I'll be messaging PNY to see if I need a new replacement card or what.

Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Okay...I just tried formatting the card on my girlfriend's laptop, wouldn't let me, write protected, didn't even feel like making it so I could erase all the data and try a few other things before I gave up on it. So I took it out of the adapter, put it back in my phone, turned it back on, went to Menu > Settings > Storage and it said the SD was unavailable, hadn't done that before, so I formatted the card in my phone and let it do it how it wanted to and now it seems to be working flawlessly. I'll let everyone know if this is a possible fix to help others.

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Twitter
    golfer_mfr
    Liked
    677 times
    You should always format the card in the phone.
    Please adhere to the Atrix Forum's Rules of Conduct

Rescue Squad
    Member #
    Liked
    646 times
    Yep, first thing I did after inserting the card the first time.

Sent From Rob's DarkSided ATRIX.
    Welcome to Android
    Atrix 4G Running CM9
    GNex Running JellyBelly JB 4.2 Custom
    Iconia A500 Running CM10
    Galaxy S3 Stock

Please feel free to PM me if you need any help, I'll get back to you as soon as I can..

Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Okay, another problem with this. Scenario for you, I put the card in, formatted it in the phone...then using Winamp, started the sync of all of my music, it'll just fit, around 28 GB's total. Anyways, when it was around half way done transferring my music, I had a power outage, now it's doing it again, does it not know how to handle a single corrup file and is freaking out or is it just me thinking this? Because I really don't want to have to re-format my SD card everytime something happens and it gets a single corrupt file.
    Last edited by brandonspeed2006; 01-10-2012 at 01:37 PM. Reason: Typo~

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

Ads