Welcome to the Atrix Forum - Motorola Atrix Forum.

Register ButtonIf this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Atrix Great or Gone?

This is a discussion on Atrix Great or Gone? within the Motorola Atrix Help forums, part of the Motorola Atrix Support Forum category; Can someone please help?, I recently was convinced by a local AT&T salesman that the " Atrix" was an excellent purchase and would keep up ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Atrix Great or Gone?

Member #
    Twitter
    lycantattoo
    Liked
    0 times

Atrix Great or Gone?

Can someone please help?,
    I recently was convinced by a local AT&T salesman that the " Atrix" was an excellent
    purchase and would keep up with technology for the length of my 2yr contract .

I love the phone but have NO SUPPORT from AT&T or MOTOROLA for my device.
    This started when I went to purchase a case and accessories for my new phone.
    I went back to the guy that said it was the phone to have just to hear that I needed to
    up-grade to the Atrix II because I was behind times . (10 days after purchase)

I called AT&T TO COMPLAIN but was told that Atrix accessories were out of stock ,
    not available,(for 2 weeks) and discontinued(after I was committed to contract),
    or that I need to search after-market(solution to screwing me with contract) .

So I call Motorola to inform them that their product is being misrepresented and
    givin the same answer , if I like the phone then look into after-market accessories even
    for the laptop dock ...

Is this true of the backing of their products, or am I the victim of idiot phone reps
    not knowing the truth of what is happening with the Atrix ? The reason I am so concerned
    now is I want to pursue this legally.

Rescue Squad
    Member #
    Liked
    646 times
    Been that you are getting a new phone I would look at the Atrix 2 instead. That is if you are set on getting an Atrix, but there are better options out there on the AT&T camp.

Sent from Rob's Atrix
    Welcome to Android
    Atrix 4G Running CM9
    GNex Running JellyBelly JB 4.2 Custom
    Iconia A500 Running CM10
    Galaxy S3 Stock

Please feel free to PM me if you need any help, I'll get back to you as soon as I can..

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    2018 times
    I don't really see how going to a third party vendor like Amazon or Best Buy is a big deal. I've had 6 android phones in the last two years and I've done the majority of purchases for accesories from online vendors. If you need a case why settle for AT&T offerings (assuming they have some in stock) when you can check out the offerings online?

-Mike
    G-Man and ManDroid like this.
    GSM Galaxy Note 3 (Black) - Straight Stock
    GSM Galaxy Note 2 (Titanium) - Rooted running Jedi X20 Rom
    GSM Galaxy Nexus (Black) - Straight Stock

GSM Samsung Galaxy S3 (Red) - Rooted running Deadly Venom v8.0.1 Rom

BUC
    Member #
    Liked
    27 times
    I agree with Ultra... and from my experience, online offerings like Amazon (or specially ebay) tend to be a lot cheaper...

As for going with the Atrix instead of the Atrix 2 it all depends on what you want from your phone.

I wouldn't trade a brand new Atrix for a brand new Atrix 2...

Main differences are:

Atrix>Atrix 2:
    - Fingerpring Scanner
    - 16 GB of internal memory (partitioned in 2 for internal apps, and 11 available for media and semi-external storage)
    - More compact, specially for its screen size.
    - More popular and with more compatible apps/games
    - Battery a tad bigger...

Atrix 2>Atrix:
    - 4.3" Screen if thats what you're into... (but screen res is the same so lower pixel density)
    - 8 MP camera with 1080p video recording
    - More likely to get ICS...
    - HSDPA of 21 Mbps VS 14 on the Atrix.
    Motorola Atrix 4G
    Android

Member #
    Liked
    177 times
    If you only got it ten days ago you're still in the buyers remorse period and can return the phone and cancel the contract. The SGSII Skyrocket is pretty sweet.

Tapped from Chris's OG Atrix running Dorian's hybrid!

Rescue Squad
    Member #
    Liked
    193 times
    As Jetmech said, you can return it, there is a 30 day exchange period (with a $35 restocking fee) for AT&T. I got my A4G exactly 30 days before the A2 was released, so I now have an A2

I think that you're getting a mixture of both the sales rep being ignorant and AT&T/Motorola not backing up their devices. The A4G is more than capable of taking on any of "newer" Android devices. You should really get an exchange. If you're satisfied with the A4G then try to get the A2. It still doesn't have high possibilities of ICS but we've already got an alpha CM9. It's quite fast and it just got an OTA update.

To answer your question I would say the Atrix is both great and gone

These are my opinions based on what BUC said:

Atrix>Atrix 2:
    - Fingerpring Scanner (Some people love it, some people don't. I like it when I had the A4G but it wasn't always accurate and now that I don't have it I don't miss it.
    - 16 GB of internal memory (partitioned in 2 for internal apps, and 11 available for media and semi-external storage)
    - More compact, specially for its screen size.
    - More popular and with more compatible apps/games, however if you're rooted then Chainfire 3D will let the A2 work on those apps/games.
    - Bootloader is unlockable and there are a bunch of ROMs out there, so if you're into that type of stuff then this is a big deal.
    - Camera flash is brighter
    - The rear speaker is better

Atrix 2>Atrix:
    - 4.3" Screen is really nice. It also is a non-pentile matrix so it looks even better.
    - Thinner, and feels better in the hand (the back of it is some weird leatheryish material)
    - 8 MP camera with 1080p video recording
    - More likely to get ICS and/or other OTAs...
    - HSDPA of 21 Mbps VS 14 on the Atrix (VERY FAST).
    - Battery is a little smaller but is still comparable. I think that the A2 handles the battery better, so they have about the same battery life.
    - The speaker that goes where your ear is during a call is better
    - Dedicated camera button

About what UltraDroid said, I agree mostly about the "cancer" on top of most Android devices. However I think that Moto did really well with Motoblur (the skin) for the A2, it's very smooth and 3Dish. I think out of Sense (HTC), Touchwiz (Samsung), and Motoblur (Motorola), I prefer (THE LATEST VERSION OF) Motoblur. The only thing that I prefer more is stock ICS.
    Last edited by cogeary; 02-02-2012 at 07:40 PM.

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    2018 times
    Yes, the Skyrocket is really cool, however as the owner of a SGS2 (which I dearly love), I have to say that Samsung phones are dramaticly different than Motorola phones - in looks and actions. It takes some getting used to, although once you master where the buttons are and how it responds, it's not bad at all - just different.

Additionally (whether you're talking Samsung or Motorola or even LG), the cancer on all android phones is the ability of the OEMs to install their own brand of an "overlay" (Motoblur, TouchWiz or whatever) on top of the new ICS before sending the OTA update out. If you're not concerned with the looks of the OS, then that's not a problem, but if you're expecting your ICS update to look like the widely circulated photos of the Samsung Galaxy Nexus, you're in for a rude awakening. It may be Android 4.0 under the hood, but it sure as hell looks like something completely different.

Member #
    Liked
    177 times
    To sum this thread up, the Atrix was a groundbreaking device and still holds its own. But it's no longer at the top of the class. If I had an upgrade right now I would go for the Skyrocket or Galaxy Note.

Tapped from Chris's OG Atrix running Dorian's hybrid!

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    2018 times
    Agreed - except for the Galaxy Note.

Rescue Squad
    Member #
    Liked
    193 times
    Quote Originally Posted by UltraDroid View Post
    Agreed - except for the Galaxy Note.
    Yes, the Note just looks ugly and squarish... no offence jetmech.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

Ads