Welcome to the Atrix Forum - Motorola Atrix Forum.

Register ButtonIf this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Motorolla Atrix Keeps Rebooting

This is a discussion on Motorolla Atrix Keeps Rebooting within the Motorola Atrix Help forums, part of the Motorola Atrix Support Forum category; My motorolla atrix keeps rebooting - the erro messages I get are: 1 - com.motorolla.service.main, force close 2 - com.google.android.partnership, force close Then it reboots ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times

Motorolla Atrix Keeps Rebooting

My motorolla atrix keeps rebooting - the erro messages I get are:

1 - com.motorolla.service.main, force close

2 - com.google.android.partnership, force close

Then it reboots and its a continuous loop - Any ideas/help greatly appreciated?

Rescue Squad
    Member #
    Liked
    423 times
    Stock/Rooted/Modded? Carrier? System version?
    - Sam

I have much experience with unlocked bootloaders and custom ROMs on the original ATRIX. I will do my best to hold your hand through any problem, small or large, on any phone. Please open up a thread in the help section (or Rescue Squad section if your phone is in dire need) or PM me. I don't bite

Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    It is not rooted/modded. The carrier is Bell and not sure of the system version - I know it has the most updated version, but not sure what that is or how to figure it out as the phone will not let me access anything and just reboots continuously.

I rarely shut the phone off, but on the weekend, I noticed that after a full night of being plugged to an outlet, the battery was still only showing 80% charged, so I shut it down and now it continuously reboots. The phone is approx 8months old.

Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Just located the software version at blur: version 45.21.78.MB860.BellMobility.en.CA

I have removed the battery for an extended period of time and it still continuously reboots as well.

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Twitter
    golfer_mfr
    Liked
    677 times
    If there are significant problems with the device or you are not able to perform a factory data reset through settings (locked out of handset, frozen screens), please use the following process to manually reset the phone:
    WARNING: Factory Data Reset is a tool used to remove everything that was imported, added or installed on the device. When using this feature; information you have programmed in the handset, i.e. apps downloaded through the Market, Contacts, Email and Social network Accounts is deleted, however, nothing stored on the Internal Storage Memory or MicroSD (if available), i.e., pictures, music, videos, etc. will be affected.
    (Steps on Froyo 2.2)
    To perform an External Manual Reset of your handset to restore to factory settings, read instructions below and then perform.
    1. Power off the phone, press and hold volume down button, press power button.
    2. Screen will come up with "Fastboot", press Vol down key to cycle through choices until you get "Android Recovery", then press Vol up key
    3. Wait for the "triangle ! / Android" screen then go on to step 4
    4. Tap on bottom right corner of the screen (may take a few times). a menu will come up
    5. Tap on "wipe data/factory reset", and tap OK. Another Confirmation screen will come. Tap Yes and OK
    6. After userdata is cleared, the "reboot system now" option will be highlighted by Default. Tap OK.
    7. Phone will reboot to initial setup MOTOBLUR screen.
    Tip: Once you've reset your device, you can use your existing account to sync your contacts back to the phone.

(Steps on Gingerbread 2.3)
    Remove and remount the battery and power up
    If the phone still does not boot up to the MOTOBLUR screen, then perform the following Factory Reset instructions:
    1. Power off the phone, press and hold the Volume down button and Power button simultaneously while powering up the unit.
    2. Screen will come up with "Fastboot" at the top of the screen, press Volume down key to cycle through choices until you get "Android Recovery", then press Volume up key to boot in this mode
    3. Wait for the "triangle ! / Android" screen then go on to step 4
    4. Press both Volume up and Volume down key simultaneously. A Recovery Menu will come up
    5. Tap on Volume down key until "wipe data/factory reset" is highlighted, and tap Power button. Another Confirmation screen will come. Tap on Volume down key until coming to Yes and tap Power button
    6. After userdata is cleared, the "reboot system now" option will be highlighted by Default. Tap Power button
    7. Phone will reboot to initial setup MOTOBLUR screen.

To Perform a Factory Data Reset through settings menu:
    1. From the Home screen, press Menu
    2. Touch Settings
    3. Touch Privacy
    4. Touch Factory data reset (Read notes for other options)
    5. Touch Reset Phone
    6. Touch Erase Everything

Note: Contact your service provider if you need to reset/clear phone remotely.
    Please adhere to the Atrix Forum's Rules of Conduct

Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Thanks for all the help - completed the reset to factory settings and up and running again - hoping not to have had to do it, but looked like the only solution.

Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    I keep having the same problem. I have completed the hard reset and it keeps rebooting so often I can't even set my phone up again. And then when I do set up my phone, it doesn't respond to any motoblur setup that I put in and doesn't load any old info. The Wi-fi keeps saying error and write full messages before it decides it wants to boot again. At&t store said it was fully updated but my motoblur account says otherwise. When I try to update it from my Motoblur acc't nothing happens. It is not modded or anything like that.

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Twitter
    golfer_mfr
    Liked
    677 times
    If the hard reset didn't fix it, call Motorola about a replacement phone...or AT&T if within their warranty period.
    Please adhere to the Atrix Forum's Rules of Conduct

Super Moderator/RS
    Member #
    Twitter
    @das8nt
    Liked
    1281 times
    Also, make sure you're wiping the Internal Storage with the factory/hard reset. We just had another user that flashed the stock firmware twice and reset 4 times and the Internal Storage was the culprit all along. Back up important personal file before hand, of course.

Sent from my Unlocked/Rooted/Stock Moto Atrix using Tapatalk

AtrixForums.com : My Anti-Drug : Above the iNfluence

Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Shut down the Xoom by holding Power + Volume Up until the screen turns off
    and then Press and hold down the Power + Volume Down button together until the screen takes you to the Motorola Logo screen.

If all is well you should see a message that states:
    "Starting Fastboot protocol support."

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

Ads