Welcome to the Atrix Forum - Motorola Atrix Forum.

Register ButtonIf this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Can Anyone Help? Unlocked Bootloader But Cant Delete MIUI Rom

This is a discussion on Can Anyone Help? Unlocked Bootloader But Cant Delete MIUI Rom within the Motorola Atrix Help forums, part of the Motorola Atrix Support Forum category; Hi, i am new to Android and this forum and i have got my phone in a bit of a mess. I hope someone can ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Can Anyone Help? Unlocked Bootloader But Cant Delete MIUI Rom

Member #
    Liked
    0 times

Unhappy Can Anyone Help? Unlocked Bootloader But Cant Delete MIUI Rom

Hi, i am new to Android and this forum and i have got my phone in a bit of a mess. I hope someone can help. I have a UK Motorola Atrix. It is retail and was never locked to any network such as Orange. I successfully unlocked the bootloader using IHOP, and rooted my device using directions i followed on BriefMobile. The phone was originally running Froyo 2.2 and i did an OTA update to GB 2.3.4. Once i unlocked the bootloader i tried a few different ROMS. I started with The Darkside which i loved, and then i flashed MIUI which i hate! Now that i have MIUI on my phone, i cant get rid of it. The ROM doesnt work with my phone. NO wifi connection, no status/notification bar and the list goes on. Everything force closes. While trying to get rid of this ROM i lost root, (i did a factory reset). Now when i plug my phone into my PC, my PC doesn't recognise or show the internal memory on my phone, or the SD card. My PC shows nothing. I attempted to root my device again, but received an error message, insufficient storage. All because my PC cannot see the memory in my phone. Because the status/notification bar force closes on the MIUI rom, i cant even select mass storage to see if my phone will connect to my PC that way. Because ive lost root, and cant get it back, i cant use Rom manager to flash anything different. I dont have Superuser rights. Right now i'm stuck. Dont know what to do. I want The Darkside back! Any help would be appreciated. Also, i dont have any back ups so i cannnot restore any other rom. I would like to revert to stock and start again if thats possible. I'm currently Running MIUI version 2.3.7. Kernel Version 2.6.32.39-MB860-CM7-gb736010. If that makes any sense. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    2018 times
    Hello mgf and welcome to Atrix Forums. We are delighted to have you as a member!

I'm sorry to hear that you ran into a problem with your phone, but I can't really be much use in that department, as I'm not a tech person. We do however have an outstanding group of guys known as the Rescue Squad, and they have solutions to almost any problem you run into. So, if you can hang on awhile, one of them will swing by and give you a hand. In the meantime, relax - you're with friends!

-Mike
    GSM Galaxy Note 3 (Black) - Straight Stock
    GSM Galaxy Note 2 (Titanium) - Rooted running Jedi X20 Rom
    GSM Galaxy Nexus (Black) - Straight Stock

GSM Samsung Galaxy S3 (Red) - Rooted running Deadly Venom v8.0.1 Rom

Rescue Squad
    Member #
    Liked
    646 times
    Do you have the Superuser app installed? Or in this case, can you boot the phone into RSD and maybe flash the stock sbf for your phone and carrier? I think that would be the way to go. You will return your phone back to stock and then root it again, after that just flash the pudding and you'll be ready to go.

Sent From Rob's ATRIX.
    das8nt and mgf8384 like this.
    Welcome to Android
    Atrix 4G Running CM9
    GNex Running JellyBelly JB 4.2 Custom
    Iconia A500 Running CM10
    Galaxy S3 Stock

Please feel free to PM me if you need any help, I'll get back to you as soon as I can..

Super Moderator/RS
    Member #
    Twitter
    @das8nt
    Liked
    1281 times
    mgf8384 likes this.

AtrixForums.com : My Anti-Drug : Above the iNfluence

Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    You guys are brilliant. I flashed the SBF file successfully. Now im in a bootloop. I tried entering android recovery in fastboot mode but i get an exclamation mark with an android robot underneath. What do i do now? Thanks for your help. Really very much appreciated.

Rescue Squad
    Member #
    Liked
    423 times
    After sbf you should do a factory reset. Once going to android recovery and getting the exclamation mark droid, click both volume up and volume down keys to continue to android recovery. See full instructions here:
    https://motorola-global-portal.custh...nal-hard-reset
    mgf8384 likes this.
    - Sam

I have much experience with unlocked bootloaders and custom ROMs on the original ATRIX. I will do my best to hold your hand through any problem, small or large, on any phone. Please open up a thread in the help section (or Rescue Squad section if your phone is in dire need) or PM me. I don't bite

Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    All you guys that helped are brilliant! Cant thank you all enough. Phone just started with the motoblur screen. All week struggling and finally within an hour or so all sorted!!!! Cheers!

Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Will my bootloader still be unlocked? It doesnt say unlocked anymore on my phone.

Rescue Squad
    Member #
    Liked
    646 times
    You still need to run the pudding like the first time and you'll be set.

Sent From Rob's ATRIX.
    Welcome to Android
    Atrix 4G Running CM9
    GNex Running JellyBelly JB 4.2 Custom
    Iconia A500 Running CM10
    Galaxy S3 Stock

Please feel free to PM me if you need any help, I'll get back to you as soon as I can..

Rescue Squad
    Member #
    Liked
    423 times
    Like Rob said, flash the pudding. The fuse has been permanently flipped for the bootloader, so as soon as you flash the pudding the bootloader will be unlocked and ready for CWM/ROMs (no fastboot oem unlock commands needed).

Glad we could help so smoothly, hope you stay around!
    mgf8384 likes this.
    - Sam

I have much experience with unlocked bootloaders and custom ROMs on the original ATRIX. I will do my best to hold your hand through any problem, small or large, on any phone. Please open up a thread in the help section (or Rescue Squad section if your phone is in dire need) or PM me. I don't bite

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

Ads