Welcome to the Atrix Forum - Motorola Atrix Forum.

Register ButtonIf this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Auto Rebooting Every Night

This is a discussion on Auto Rebooting Every Night within the Motorola Atrix Help forums, part of the Motorola Atrix Support Forum category; I searched around and found that there are a couple other threads that go into this but with no resolution or explanation. Anyway, what is ...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By 74corvette

Thread: Auto Rebooting Every Night

Member #
    Liked
    1 times

Auto Rebooting Every Night

I searched around and found that there are a couple other threads that go into this but with no resolution or explanation. Anyway, what is happening is every night pretty much like clockwork the Atrix reboots on its own at 6:30 – 6:40am. It will only do this reboot when it is running on batteries. If plugged in no reboots happen. I have tested many different things to see if this can be fixed. I have confirmed this will happen on a rooted stock gingerbread bell rom, a custom AT&T rom (the darkside prefinal), stock bell kernel and custom kernel (faux123). The only things I have flashed on all of these roms is the sms delivery report fix and in the case of the bell rom jug6ernaut’s battery fix (darkside rom comes with it pre-installed). So my last resort is to flash back to stock bell and see what happens. Before I do this I wanted to see if anyone else has seen this and/or has a fix for it that doesn’t require rebuilding my phone again. I am running a bell atrix.

Thanks

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Twitter
    golfer_mfr
    Liked
    677 times
    I ran Darkside for several weeks and didn't experience this, although I was running the version prior to the prefinal release. Since it happens regularly at a specific time, I'd lay odds that the solution lies somewhere in an application that you have running. It's an odd one, however, given that it only occurs while on battery.

Don't know if there is a huge difference between the Bell and the AT&T Atrix that would attribute to the issue (I have AT&T). Wouldn't think so, since you went to a custom rom, but don't know for sure.
    Please adhere to the Atrix Forum's Rules of Conduct

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Yeah the fact that it only does it when on batteries is the real confusing thing. I like you though it was an application causing this so in one of my many tests I did a factory reset to eliminate all installed apps. Still same problem. The only thing I think is left which I have not tested is jug6ernaut’s battery fix. I am thinking maybe the slight difference in the bell (international) hardware is causing issues with the battery fix, but this sounds like a long shot to me. Is there an event log or something that can be viewed to see what is going on just before the reboot to maybe get an idea?

Member #
    Liked
    154 times

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Did not even know this existed... I am going to give this try tonight to see if anything shows up. Thanks for the post!

Rescue Squad
    Member #
    Liked
    423 times
    Also look at:
    Settings > Battery & Data Delivery > Battery Mode. There is a nighttime saver that turns off stuff like data in the middle of the night unless plugged in or being used..this doesn't seem like it would be a problem but it could be a small glitch.
    - Sam

I have much experience with unlocked bootloaders and custom ROMs on the original ATRIX. I will do my best to hold your hand through any problem, small or large, on any phone. Please open up a thread in the help section (or Rescue Squad section if your phone is in dire need) or PM me. I don't bite

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Thanks for the suggestion. I thought something similar, I have tried all the battery mode settings, still no joy. I have even tried things like the wifi sleep settings, with wifi on and off etc. A couple times it seemed to be linked to the LED light so I have tried turning off LED notification, same story.
    I loaded up catlog last night and like clockwork the phone rebooted again at 6:30ish. The problem is the logs only go back to when the phone starts up. So now I know to the second when the phone was back up. My fault because I didn’t realize I had to press record. So before putting the phone down for the night I will get it recording, hopefully tomorrow the log can shed a little light on this.
    thekooliest likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    74corvette what you did to solve the problem?

i have a samsung galaxy SL GT-I9003 with stock rom running gingerbread 2.3.6 not even rooted and i have the same problem every night @ 12:30 it start rebooting till the battery is dead or till i see it and remove the battery.. after returning the battery it will start normal but ask me to choose a language .... just like the 1st time i use the phone and my messages and phone contact are cleared and it will reboot again all night untill 6:30 am after that the phone is perfect no problem @ all but i have to set ring tone and notification over and over again.... i think u had the same issue

so can you please reply me about your solution?

Remove Ads

Ads