Welcome to the Atrix Forum - Motorola Atrix Forum.

Register ButtonIf this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

[FAQ] Problems with 2.3.6/4.5.141 OTA

This is a discussion on [FAQ] Problems with 2.3.6/4.5.141 OTA within the Motorola Atrix Help forums, part of the Motorola Atrix Support Forum category; Anyone? Would really appreciate if someone can test skype with a bluetooth headset after the upgrade and let me know if they also face any ...

Page 13 of 20 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast
Like Tree73Likes

Thread: [FAQ] Problems with 2.3.6/4.5.141 OTA

Member #
    Liked
    0 times

Bluetooth issue with voip apps after 4.5.141 upgrade

Anyone? Would really appreciate if someone can test skype with a bluetooth headset after the upgrade and let me know if they also face any microphone (person on the other end can't hear) issues. It would be really helpful to know if this is issue is specific to my phone/bluetooth.

Thanks!
    Annie

Super Moderator/RS
    Member #
    Twitter
    @das8nt
    Liked
    1281 times
    Quote Originally Posted by greenstrat67 View Post
    Thanks for the help das8nt. I'm not on a custom ROM anymore I was, but wiped it and restored it from a backup which was the stock 2.3.4 / 4.5.91 - the way I ended up after following those directions with unlocked bootloader. Then I installed CWM as I had Tenfar's before that, which was required to unlock the bootloader. I then installed CWM from the option in ROM Manager. So that's the state it's currently in. If I understand correctly then all I should need to do is (1)-Titatium backup of apps (which I've done) (2)-remove SU (3)-unroot (4)-proceed with the OTA, and (5)-I should be at 2.3.6 / 4.5.141 and (6)-just have to reroot and (7)-put SU back again? - and everything should hopefully remain unchanged?

Is that true about flashing back to 4.5.91 SBF from 4.5.141 that you will end up with a hard brick? My original plan was taking into consideration that I have the phone exactly how I want it right now and I have no idea what the OTA is going to do to it. So I wanted to just do the update, root it again, boot back into recovery and use CWM to restore from the last backup I made before doing the OTA. Would that work? I've been reluctant to do anything since it's finally just right considering the time it takes to learn enough and don't like to bother people but there's no other way to learn except read for days. Thanks again for all your help das8nt, gs67

ps-Do you remember what Ba2tF.zip was?
    Well, actually having a custom ROM installed isn't the deciding factor here; it's the fact that it says "unlocked" on the boot screen and you have a CWM installed. Both of those individually will prevent you from installing the update.

If fact, if you flash the 4.5.141 SBF directly (assuming you're on the Stock system, only rooted and unlocked), then you should not notice ANY change on your phone except you will no longer see "Unlocked" on boot, you won't be rooted and you'll have the stock Recovery back. That is really you best option to update, and easiest I believe. You would then flash the pudding file again, reroot and flash CWM Recovery again.

Reverting to 2.3.4 from 2.3.6 will soft-brick (not hard-brick) you if you do so by SBF flash. I don't not know for sure if there are any issues in doing so by restoring a backup.

Ba2tF is from here: * Official CM7 for Atrix Stable only (No Nightly )* Atrix CM Ba2tF RELEASED!! - xda-developers
    greenstrat67 likes this.

AtrixForums.com : My Anti-Drug : Above the iNfluence

Super Moderator/RS
    Member #
    Twitter
    @das8nt
    Liked
    1281 times
    Quote Originally Posted by AnnieAtrix View Post
    Anyone? Would really appreciate if someone can test skype with a bluetooth headset after the upgrade and let me know if they also face any microphone (person on the other end can't hear) issues. It would be really helpful to know if this is issue is specific to my phone/bluetooth.

Thanks!
    Annie
    Hi Annie,

I do apologize as I would love to be able to help, but mine is not a A2DP capable BT headset (nor do I use Skype, but that would be easy enough to change )

Hopefully one of the other members will chime in, but I don't know many of the active members that use BT headsets.
    greenstrat67 likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Quote Originally Posted by UltraDroid View Post
    Attachment 3714 I had to have my Amber put to sleep two years ago, at age 14. I miss her a lot too. Attachment 3715 Then Brandy came into my world, and she's helped fill the hole that Amber left. Attachment 3716 And Maggie's been with me for almost 12 years. For some reason she's afraid of plastic bags.
    Very nice looking kitties. Brandy has quite the list going, probably wondering if she put enough nip on there. Just read an article about "nepeta cataria" - I didn't know they had to have a unique gene or they will not respond to it. Maggie looks pretty mellow. I had two as well. Wiggy got feline hyperthyroid but was treated with Radioiodine (I-131) and lived two more quality years. The income tax refund came right on time to cover that - still seems to be quite a few that don't understand how you can justify it. That picture of her was taken after she lost her hearing completely I had to follow her on walks and she would stop and look back to see if I was there. It certainly creates a humongous void when you lose one. I believe we've strayed about as far as you can from Cyanongen Mod. Thanks for posting the links if it's okay I'll put them on my FB wall.

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Quote Originally Posted by das8nt View Post
    Well, actually having a custom ROM installed isn't the deciding factor here; it's the fact that it says "unlocked" on the boot screen and you have a CWM installed. Both of those individually will prevent you from installing the update. If fact, if you flash the 4.5.141 SBF directly (assuming you're on the Stock system, only rooted and unlocked), then you should not notice ANY change on your phone except you will no longer see "Unlocked" on boot, you won't be rooted and you'll have the stock Recovery back. That is really you best option to update, and easiest I believe. You would then flash the pudding file again, reroot and flash CWM Recovery again. Reverting to 2.3.4 from 2.3.6 will soft-brick (not hard-brick) you if you do so by SBF flash. I don't not know for sure if there are any issues in doing so by restoring a backup. Ba2tF is from here: * Official CM7 for Atrix Stable only (No Nightly )* Atrix CM Ba2tF RELEASED!! - xda-developers
    Thanks again das8nt that clears up a lot. It's been so long since I've had to do anything that I've forgotten all the procedures although they are written down, but I swapped my "SATA3" for an SSD drive and had to move everything so I've forgotten the steps to do this. I found another link for the SBF ---- 1FF-olympus-user-2.3.4-4.5.91-110625-release-keys-signed-ATT-US-GAS_NA_OLPSGBATTSPE_P011.sbf.gz ---- is that the correct file? I happened upon an unprotected, fully visible directory if you know it's there, but can just as easily find it through a search for any of the filenames in it.. Whoever it is obviously has an MB860 (Bell). I'm definitely on the stock system just rooted and unlocked. I'm pretty wary of bricking it so I usually just write everything out that I'm about to and kind of "rehearse" for it so I don't impulsively mess anything up. So my new steps would be - adapted from parts of notes and other posts 1)Switch Off phone. 2)Remove SIM and micro SD card. 3)Switch phone on; hold Volume Up button until it recognizes RSD. 4)wait for message ‘Starting RSD protocol support’. 5)Run ‘RSD Lite’ on my computer. 6)Press ‘. . .’ button, which will be next to the box labeled ‘Filename’. 7)Load SBF File that I downloaded 8)Connect the phone to the PC 9)RSD Lite will recognize the Atrix will say ‘Model: NS Flash Olympus’ and ‘Connected…’ 10)Press ‘Start’ button. 11)Phone will reboot. ...Takes quite awhile. After reboot, phone should work as expected except for flashing the pudding file. What is the purpose of flashing the pudding file again? I was trying to find it and some directions but they said something about using something besides pudding. So I'm sure I already have what I need but don't know how to go about flashing the pudding file again. The last time I followed the other routine it was unlocked already I'm not sure what method to use to unlock it this time. But once it's unlocked since I already have ROM Manager installed and "install CWM" is an option inside of it couldn't I just reinstall it from there? If I could do that and the above steps are correct then it looks like I just need to find the steps to flash the pudding file and root. Thanks again, greenstrat67

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Just found and read your guide [HOW TO] Use RSD Lite to Flash a SBF File - thanks for putting all this info here das8nt --- sorry I should wait longer before I post asking questions.
    [HOW TO] Use RSD Lite to Flash a SBF File - Motorola Atrix

Super Moderator/RS
    Member #
    Twitter
    @das8nt
    Liked
    1281 times
    You got it. Those steps are correct.

You can check for the update after flashing the above SBF and allow the update to install.

Then, AFTER updating, visit the IHOP thread on XDA and download the AT&T ONLY unlock file (should be zomgunlock-lite.sbf) and flash that the same way you just outlined above. The only change will be the "unlocked" word on the boot screen.

Then you can root, then flash CWM Recovery from within ROM Manager.

Sent from my Unlocked/Rooted/Stock Moto Atrix using Tapatalk
    greenstrat67 likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Quote Originally Posted by das8nt View Post
    You got it. Those steps are correct.

You can check for the update after flashing the above SBF and allow the update to install.

Then, AFTER updating, visit the IHOP thread on XDA and download the AT&T ONLY unlock file (should be zomgunlock-lite.sbf) and flash that the same way you just outlined above. The only change will be the "unlocked" word on the boot screen.

Then you can root, then flash CWM Recovery from within ROM Manager.

Thanks das8nt. As you mentioned before it makes no difference that I currently have CWM, as flashing with moto's 2.3.4/4.5.91 SBF will return it to the original recovery. After dloading the zomgunlock-lite.sbf unlock file and flashing it what method do you personally use to Root. I've only had to re-root it about 3 times. After that anything I did to it like trying another ROM was always completely reversed by booting into CWM recovery and restoring from backup there. I have Quick Boot installed also which I found to be very handy as far as being able to go straight into recovery without having to turn off the phone. I think if you give what I just outlined a green light I'm confident enough to get this done.

Today I almost called Moto (with my ring modulator) ---- I was seriously considering having a talk (by repeatedly calling back and asking to talk to their supervisor and then their supervisor - which I've done before (not w/them) and gotten pretty far) about how I like my phone the way it is right now and I don't want the update. So I would appreciate it if they would quit sending the update messages to my phone since I paid for it, shouldn't I be the one who decides what it's fate is going to be? Since I've read all the feedback from other users who have updated only to find that it did not morph their device into a better one - I would sincerely appreciate it if you would let me decide when and if I want to update. Do you know anyone who has ever succeeded in any endeavor like this? Thanks again, gs67

Super Moderator/RS
    Member #
    Twitter
    @das8nt
    Liked
    1281 times
    Quote Originally Posted by greenstrat67 View Post
    Thanks das8nt. As you mentioned before it makes no difference that I currently have CWM, as flashing with moto's 2.3.4/4.5.91 SBF will return it to the original recovery. After dloading the zomgunlock-lite.sbf unlock file and flashing it what method do you personally use to Root. I've only had to re-root it about 3 times. After that anything I did to it like trying another ROM was always completely reversed by booting into CWM recovery and restoring from backup there. I have Quick Boot installed also which I found to be very handy as far as being able to go straight into recovery without having to turn off the phone. I think if you give what I just outlined a green light I'm confident enough to get this done.

Today I almost called Moto (with my ring modulator) ---- I was seriously considering having a talk (by repeatedly calling back and asking to talk to their supervisor and then their supervisor - which I've done before (not w/them) and gotten pretty far) about how I like my phone the way it is right now and I don't want the update. So I would appreciate it if they would quit sending the update messages to my phone since I paid for it, shouldn't I be the one who decides what it's fate is going to be? Since I've read all the feedback from other users who have updated only to find that it did not morph their device into a better one - I would sincerely appreciate it if you would let me decide when and if I want to update. Do you know anyone who has ever succeeded in any endeavor like this? Thanks again, gs67
    The only way to root 2.3.6 currently is with the preinstall method which I have a guide stickied in the Hacks section.

Your steps look correct for proceeding.

If you don't want to take the update, you don't have to. If you still rooted, use Titanium Backup Pro to freeze Updater 2.3.4, the boot into recovery and wipe the cache partition. You should be bothered again by the update notification.

greenstrat67 likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Thanks for your reply. Hopefully someone will be able to provide some input. Otherwise I am stuck with Motorola. They want me to send my phone in for service and be without a phone for 1-2 weeks.

Page 13 of 20 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

Ads