Welcome to the Atrix Forum - Motorola Atrix Forum.

Register ButtonIf this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

[FAQ] Problems with 2.3.6/4.5.141 OTA

This is a discussion on [FAQ] Problems with 2.3.6/4.5.141 OTA within the Motorola Atrix Help forums, part of the Motorola Atrix Support Forum category; For those of us who had the misfortune of applying the update, what's the best way to recover from the soft-brick? I'm running a rooted ...

Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
Like Tree73Likes

Thread: [FAQ] Problems with 2.3.6/4.5.141 OTA

Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    For those of us who had the misfortune of applying the update, what's the best way to recover from the soft-brick?

I'm running a rooted and unlocked Atrix with the stock ROM, and after applying the OTA about an hour ago, I am stuck at a "www.goapk.com" screen with 3 Chinese characters. From what I've read, this means I'm almost certainly soft-bricked.

Thanks for your time and consideration.

Rescue Squad
    Member #
    Liked
    423 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Case View Post
    For those of us who had the misfortune of applying the update, what's the best way to recover from the soft-brick?

I'm running a rooted and unlocked Atrix with the stock ROM, and after applying the OTA about an hour ago, I am stuck at a "www.goapk.com" screen with 3 Chinese characters. From what I've read, this means I'm almost certainly soft-bricked.

Thanks for your time and consideration.
    Can you give a full description of what steps you took from an unlocked bootloader (what rom?) to the ota and when the installation failed? What have you tried to do? And is there anything else on the screen but the goapk and chinese characters?

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk
    - Sam

I have much experience with unlocked bootloaders and custom ROMs on the original ATRIX. I will do my best to hold your hand through any problem, small or large, on any phone. Please open up a thread in the help section (or Rescue Squad section if your phone is in dire need) or PM me. I don't bite

Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Hey, I appreciate the quick reply. I'm not great at the technical aspect of this (which is why I'm in trouble in the first place) but here's my info:

I OTAed from 2 firmwares past to this previous one (i.e., Gingerbread, AT&T 4.5.91) that I'm now stuck trying to update. I did not use XDA's "Pudding" to update to the previous firmware.
    From the 4.5.91 I then unlocked my bootloader.
    I have not installed any ROMs, with my only modification being root.

I haven't tried to do anything such as battery pulls yet. There's currently nothing else on the screen save for those green Chinese characters and the goapk link.

Rescue Squad
    Member #
    Liked
    423 times
    Well you are forced to do a battery pull..nothing can be done from there. Please try to boot normally. If that doesn't work try to boot to rsd mode

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk
    - Sam

I have much experience with unlocked bootloaders and custom ROMs on the original ATRIX. I will do my best to hold your hand through any problem, small or large, on any phone. Please open up a thread in the help section (or Rescue Squad section if your phone is in dire need) or PM me. I don't bite

Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Yup, stuck in a reboot loop.

What should I do after booting into RSD mode?

Rescue Squad
    Member #
    Liked
    423 times
    Leave the battery out until this file is downloaded and you are ready to flash..then turn on and boot to RSD mode again. Flash the 4.5.91/2.3.4 sbf and then try updating again:
    1ff-olympus-user-2.3.4-4.5.91-110625-release-keys-signed-att-us-gas_na_olpsgbattspe_p011.sbf.gz - 4shared.com - online file sharing and storage - download
    - Sam

Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Ok, I'm downloading.

Should I even bother trying to update again? I'm fine staying on 2.3.4 or trying to flash a custom ROM if that would be easier.

Rescue Squad
    Member #
    Liked
    423 times
    It is your choice. I am 99.9% sure that we will be able to get you to 2.3.6, and then if you want you can reunlock and go the ROM path. Or you can back out and unlock and ROM right now..either way is fine.

It isn't not worth doing though..either way will take a flash of a sbf (just a different one).
    - Sam

Rescue Squad
    Member #
    Liked
    486 times
    I'd standby on this - We are in the process of testing some recovery solutions... It will be a couple hours before we have some hard data for you guys.... We just dont want to say " yea try this or that " and screw up your devices moreso than they are now.... so we'll update this asap once we're finished testing.

If you need help, and I appear to be offline, shoot me a msg on Gtalk, or PM me and I'll respond as soon as I possibly can!!

Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    I don't mind going for a ROM right now...I mean the only reason I didn't do so in the past was I was afraid of borking my phone. The Neutrino ROM by Notorious seems pretty good though slightly more technical to install (?).

Is this guide more or less accurate in terms of what I should be doing to get a ROM going?: Atrix Newbie Hacking Guide.
    If so, please let me know what to be flashing. As much detail as is convenient for you would be great.

EDIT: Thanks for the update G-Man. I'll sit tight.

Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

Ads