Welcome to the Atrix Forum - Motorola Atrix Forum.

Register ButtonIf this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

[FAQ] Problems with 2.3.6/4.5.141 OTA

This is a discussion on [FAQ] Problems with 2.3.6/4.5.141 OTA within the Motorola Atrix Help forums, part of the Motorola Atrix Support Forum category; I left my phone and battery plugged in overnight and it looks like the battery may have charged. I'll try flashing that 2.3.6 SBF later ...

Page 5 of 20 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
Like Tree73Likes

Thread: [FAQ] Problems with 2.3.6/4.5.141 OTA

Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    I left my phone and battery plugged in overnight and it looks like the battery may have charged. I'll try flashing that 2.3.6 SBF later today unless a better solution comes along.

Huge props once again to all of you guys for the amazing support.

EDIT: Given that flashing straight to the 2.3.6 SBF could be bad, should I wait around for a 2.3.6 fruitcake version or just plow straight ahead?
    Last edited by Case; 02-16-2012 at 08:35 AM.

Rescue Squad
    Member #
    Liked
    646 times
    No go ahead and flash it.

Sent From Rob's ATRIX.
    Welcome to Android
    Atrix 4G Running CM9
    GNex Running JellyBelly JB 4.2 Custom
    Iconia A500 Running CM10
    Galaxy S3 Stock

Please feel free to PM me if you need any help, I'll get back to you as soon as I can..

Rescue Squad
    Member #
    Liked
    423 times
    Glad it was able to charge. I forgot that some of these failed to boots let the phone boot all the way before crashing, so in this case it can charge (if your phone won't boot at all it can't charge). I would go for the 2.3.6.
    - Sam

I have much experience with unlocked bootloaders and custom ROMs on the original ATRIX. I will do my best to hold your hand through any problem, small or large, on any phone. Please open up a thread in the help section (or Rescue Squad section if your phone is in dire need) or PM me. I don't bite

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    My phone is in this state - Android robot and the /!\ symbol. I tried pressing both volume buttons simultaneously, but nothing happened, and there was no recovery menu, so I had to pull the battery. My phone will boot, but then automatically reboots and attemps the update. Is there any way to make it stop trying to update? I thought maybe I could use adb shell, but it says "device not found." I'm stumped.

Rescue Squad
    Member #
    Liked
    423 times
    Quote Originally Posted by dbodily View Post
    My phone is in this state - Android robot and the /!\ symbol. I tried pressing both volume buttons simultaneously, but nothing happened, and there was no recovery menu, so I had to pull the battery. My phone will boot, but then automatically reboots and attemps the update. Is there any way to make it stop trying to update? I thought maybe I could use adb shell, but it says "device not found." I'm stumped.
    This means you have modified, frozen, or deleted system files/pocesses. If you know what you did and how to undo it, restoring the files will allow for the update to complete. As for stopping it from boot looping attempting to update, I am not sure. I know that you can flash fresh the fresh 4.5.91/2.3.4 sbf file to the phone with RSD Lite and retry the update to fix all problems.
    - Sam

I have much experience with unlocked bootloaders and custom ROMs on the original ATRIX. I will do my best to hold your hand through any problem, small or large, on any phone. Please open up a thread in the help section (or Rescue Squad section if your phone is in dire need) or PM me. I don't bite

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Thank you, thank you! That worked, and my phone has been updated. I'll add some notes for anyone who runs into the same issue:

At the point where RSD Lite rebooted the phone, it went right into the update. The status in RSD Lite said, "Please manually power up this phone." I just let the update process finish and reboot. When it finished, I got a message on the phone saying the update was successful. RSD Lite still didn't show "PASS" so I rebooted the phone to make sure it would reboot without problems. No problems, so I closed RSD Lite. I can use my phone again!
    thekooliest likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    After flashing the 2.3.6 SBF, my phone is currently on and seemingly "working" but RSD says to "please manually power up this phone". What do I do?

Member #
    Liked
    87 times
    Any confirmation yet on if anyone who was NOT unlocked previously being able to unlock with the new update?

Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Having bricked my last Atrix 4g I want to be very clear on what I'm doing.
    Could you please tell me the steps to unlock a rooted, never unlocked Atrix 4G which is running on the OTA 2.3.6 update? The answer to my question is probably already posted but I'm unclear on which method applies to an unlocked phone. I would very much appreciate some help.

TIA

Rescue Squad
    Member #
    Liked
    646 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Case View Post
    After flashing the 2.3.6 SBF, my phone is currently on and seemingly "working" but RSD says to "please manually power up this phone". What do I do?
    Reboot the phone.

Sent from Rob's TapadaIconia
    Welcome to Android
    Atrix 4G Running CM9
    GNex Running JellyBelly JB 4.2 Custom
    Iconia A500 Running CM10
    Galaxy S3 Stock

Please feel free to PM me if you need any help, I'll get back to you as soon as I can..

Page 5 of 20 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

Ads