Welcome to the Atrix Forum - Motorola Atrix Forum.

Register ButtonIf this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

wifi error

This is a discussion on wifi error within the Motorola Atrix Help forums, part of the Motorola Atrix Support Forum category; a couple weeks ago i got error on wifi.yestorday i did a factory reset will talking with tech support with at&t.now the problem is worse,not ...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: wifi error

Member #
    Liked
    0 times

wifi error

a couple weeks ago i got error on wifi.yestorday i did a factory reset will talking with tech support with at&t.now the problem is worse,not only do i still have wifi error,my phone shuts off and restarts every few minutes,they are sending me a replacement droid atrix in a few days.from looking on the internet wifi error is a problem with the atrix.i have had my phone since last march and has been problem free until a couple weeks ago with wifi error.
    now worse after factory reset,my phone has never been rooted.

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Twitter
    golfer_mfr
    Liked
    677 times
    IF it's a problem with the Atrix, then it's a quality control issue and limited to some phones. I've had my phone for a year and have never had a WiFi issue. I have found that having the WiFi sleep policy set to never seems to help a lot of people who are having issues. Other contributing issues can be found with the type of modem connection and the network protection type (WPA/WPA2 seems to be best). One good test is to see how your phone performs at a public WiFi. If it performs properly there but not on your home WiFi, then there are ways to correct your home WiFi setup. If it cannot perform correctly on the public WiFi's, then you can address the settings in your phone or suspect the hardware, itself.

Please adhere to the Atrix Forum's Rules of Conduct

Rescue Squad
    Member #
    Liked
    423 times
    Does the bluetooth fail also?

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk
    - Sam

I have much experience with unlocked bootloaders and custom ROMs on the original ATRIX. I will do my best to hold your hand through any problem, small or large, on any phone. Please open up a thread in the help section (or Rescue Squad section if your phone is in dire need) or PM me. I don't bite

Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    i dont use bluetooth

Rescue Squad
    Member #
    Liked
    423 times
    Try turning it on from the settings real quick to see if it gives an error or turns off.

- Sam

I have much experience with unlocked bootloaders and custom ROMs on the original ATRIX. I will do my best to hold your hand through any problem, small or large, on any phone. Please open up a thread in the help section (or Rescue Squad section if your phone is in dire need) or PM me. I don't bite

Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    I also have this problem, AND my BT won't start either. They both stopped working today for no apparent reason. When I try to start WiFi after about 5 sec it says Error, and starting bluetooth is same except no message, just goes back to Turn on Bluetooth. Further attempts for WiFi give instant Error a couple times, then it would crash and reboot!!

I've had the phone for over a year of trouble free regular use of both features. I updated to 2.3.4 when it came out and rooted, otherwise no other mods. about 2 months ago I froze a bunch of bloatware (TB) without any issues.

After it stopped working today I did all the usual reset stuff, battery pull, etc. Plus I unfroze all the bloatware, then ran the update to 4.5.141 hoping that would clear it up... Nope.

Any help here would be much appreciated.

Thanks!
    --Logan
    Last edited by dblogan; 02-19-2012 at 11:00 PM.

Rescue Squad
    Member #
    Liked
    423 times
    I hate to say, I am 99.9% confident this is a hardware error. I, myself, had this problem on an unlocked bootloader and it just got worse and worse. Since I had an unlocked bootloader, there were loads of troubleshooting options like flashing different software, radios, kernels, etc. Nothing worked. I at first it had to do with the unlocked bootloader, but I have seen a few cases on non-unlocked phones. I think it is just a rare wifi card bust, mine happened about 6 months after purchase. Your phone will have a 1 year warranty from Motorola, you can either file the claim through Motorola and send the device for a 5-7 day fix period..or file the claim through AT&T (assuming you have them). I strongly recommend AT&T, they made me do a factory reset on the phone, then took my address..offered overnight shipping of a device for $10 or allowed me to drive to a store to pick one up. I said I would wait the 3-5 days, it took 3.5 days after my phone call to get a device in a pre-paid box that I replaced and mailed back. I was 110% satisfied.

Since you are stock I would not recommend troubleshooting this error, because you could end in a brick. I tried everything possible and nothing helped..sorry for the news :/

See my thread here:
    [Unlocked Bootloader] WiFi Issue

- Sam

Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Thanks for the quick response Sam. I figured the same.

I bought my phone on the street, not from ATT, but I'll check if the warrenty is still good through Motorola. Otherwise I'm looking for a new phone with ICS I suppose.

Thanks!

Rescue Squad
    Member #
    Liked
    423 times
    Quote Originally Posted by dblogan View Post
    Thanks for the quick response Sam. I figured the same.

I bought my phone on the street, not from ATT, but I'll check if the warrenty is still good through Motorola. Otherwise I'm looking for a new phone with ICS I suppose.

Thanks!
    There's somewhere on the Motorola site to put in your imei number and get warranty information.

- Sam

Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Hello, I am new to the forum, and having the same problem…
    I don't have a fix, but got some hint. Found this video on YouTube:

"how to fix Motorola Atrix 4G wi-fi error"

This is a terrible video with no spoken words seemingly posted by a French guy with almost no text explanation. I gave it a try myself (I don't recommend doing it because it won't fix the problem), lifted the small battery from the board with a flat screw driver, pushed it down to reconnect, then reassembled my phone. Then Wi-Fi and Bluetooth started to work… for a few minutes. Then started to fail intermittently, then back to "Error" completely.

It didn't fix the problem but I came to suspect this battery is dying and needs to be replaced. The thing is I can't tell what battery this is. It looks like a watch battery but a metal flap is stuck on its flat side hiding its number. Does anyone have an idea? Also, pulling off the battery is likely to break the metal flap and not sure how I can properly reinstall a new battery (if I know what it is). If it needs to be replaced after one year use I can't believe why Motorola designed it this way.

The battery is shown in photo at step 10 on this iFixIt page:
    Scheduled Down Time

The battery is located close to Broadcom chip.

Ads