Welcome to the Atrix Forum - Motorola Atrix Forum.

Register ButtonIf this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Motorola Droid Atrix - “Modem did not power up. Starting rsd protocol support."

This is a discussion on Motorola Droid Atrix - “Modem did not power up. Starting rsd protocol support." within the Motorola Atrix Help forums, part of the Motorola Atrix Support Forum category; Hi everyone, I've been trying to research this issue a bit, but most of the advice is over my head. I was hoping someone could ...

+ Reply to Thread
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times

Motorola Droid Atrix - “Modem did not power up. Starting rsd protocol support."

Hi everyone,

I've been trying to research this issue a bit, but most of the advice is over my head. I was hoping someone could help me out with this.

I’ve had my Droid Atrix for almost a year now and yesterday, it dropped in the toilet for less than 2 seconds and I pulled it out. The phone was on when it fell in and stayed on afterwards, as well. I turned off the phone, removed the battery (I took the SIM and memory cards out and put them to the side), and put both in a bag of uncooked rice as mentioned by several others. Today, I took the phone and battery out of the bag. When I turned it on, it prompted me to the start up screen and then said, “Modem did not power up. Starting rsd protocol support. Battery too low to flash.” The phone also gets really hot when turned on, so I’m hoping this isn’t a sign that it’s broken for good. I’m really hoping to salvage this phone, but just am not sure what the best procedure is to fix it. ANY help is greatly appreciated! Thank you SO much!

-Brent

Rescue Squad
    Member #
    Liked
    646 times
    It might as well be damaged from been immersed in water. It really doesn't take much to ruin it. Although a good method, leaving it in rice doesn't always work. I would have Motorola have a look, but it might cost you.

Sent from Rob's Atrix.

Welcome to Android
    Atrix 4G Running CM9
    GNex Running JellyBelly JB 4.2 Custom
    Iconia A500 Running CM10
    Galaxy S3 Stock

Please feel free to PM me if you need any help, I'll get back to you as soon as I can..

Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Thanks for the advice! If worst case scenario it is broken and can't be recovered, is there a way to pull the files from my phone still (pictures, contacts). Most are on my SIM card, but I know a few I added afterwards. Thanks!

Rescue Squad
    Member #
    Liked
    646 times
    You mean on your micro SD card? You should be able to put it on an SD adapter and get them on a card reader.

Sent from Rob's Atrix.

Welcome to Android
    Atrix 4G Running CM9
    GNex Running JellyBelly JB 4.2 Custom
    Iconia A500 Running CM10
    Galaxy S3 Stock

Please feel free to PM me if you need any help, I'll get back to you as soon as I can..

Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Lately, when I was saving a contact, I chose "Motorola Services" as the source, rather than Google. Does this mean my contacts saved this way are lost, since they aren't on my SIM card? Thanks!

Rescue Squad
    Member #
    Liked
    475 times
    If saved to motorola services - they should be restored to your replacement device once you log into motoblur - the sync could take up to 30 mins or so before they are in your contacts list... Anything you have on your external SD card will still be on it - just remove it before you send the device in... Any pictures etc on that SD card will show up when put into the new device. Keep your simcard as well - anything on it will also still be there when inserted into your new Atrix.

If you need help, and I appear to be offline, shoot me a msg on Gtalk, or PM me and I'll respond as soon as I possibly can!!

Rescue Squad
    Member #
    Liked
    191 times
    Quote Originally Posted by bcosta87 View Post
    Lately, when I was saving a contact, I chose "Motorola Services" as the source, rather than Google. Does this mean my contacts saved this way are lost, since they aren't on my SIM card? Thanks!
    Contacts usually aren't stored on your SIM card. By saving them to Google you sync then with your google account and they're easily accessible at contacts.google.com. By choosing Motorola Services, I believe that your contacts still sync but just to a different place. I'm not quite sure where you would find them but for a start try googling "MyMotoblur" (the name of the service that will let you remotely lock/wipe/backup contacts).

EDIT- GMan beat me to it .

Ads