Welcome to the Atrix Forum - Motorola Atrix Forum.

Register ButtonIf this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

How to turn on the Atrix using volume keys but not disable the fingerprint reader?

This is a discussion on How to turn on the Atrix using volume keys but not disable the fingerprint reader? within the Motorola Atrix Help forums, part of the Motorola Atrix Support Forum category; Is it possible to turn the Atrix screen on with the volume keys but not disable the fingerprint reader? Pushing the fingerprint reader has almost ...

Member #
    Liked
    0 times

How to turn on the Atrix using volume keys but not disable the fingerprint reader?

Is it possible to turn the Atrix screen on with the volume keys but not disable the fingerprint reader?

Pushing the fingerprint reader has almost led to me dropping the Atrix several times in two days. Even when I'm holding it with both hands I am still basically pushing it out of my hands to turn it on. Last time it happened the phone twirled in the air a few times before I managed to catch it. I can not keep using it this way. If I need to give up the fingerprint scanner so be it but I'd rather not.

Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    I just want to put the phone to sleep and not have to use a PIN or fingerprint swipe to wake it up. I know this deactivates the security feature but I'm not worried about losing my Atrix. I often have to bring my phone out of sleep mode and hate always having to swipe or enter my PIN. I can’t seem to be able to turn these features off. Any ideas?

Super Moderator/RS
    Member #
    Twitter
    @das8nt
    Liked
    1281 times
    Quote Originally Posted by rsmith7 View Post
    I just want to put the phone to sleep and not have to use a PIN or fingerprint swipe to wake it up. I know this deactivates the security feature but I'm not worried about losing my Atrix. I often have to bring my phone out of sleep mode and hate always having to swipe or enter my PIN. I can’t seem to be able to turn these features off. Any ideas?
    I don't know for sure that the Atrix is supported, but the below app, No Lock (and apps like it), is the only way to bypass the slide screen. I believe some of the third party Launchers might have this option as well, but not sure.

https://market.android.com/details?i...android.nolock

AtrixForums.com : My Anti-Drug : Above the iNfluence

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    602 times
    You still have to wake the screen by pressing the biometric scanner down. Maybe try using your thumb on the call speaker with the same hand you hit the power button? That works for me..
    "Just come on over to the Droid side. Its fun and we have cookies " - Gerseppy
    "If the Atrix Forums came in liquid form, I would totally shoot this sweet stuff up. But for now, I'm stuck snorting it! But man it's a rush!! " - ME, the Monsta

Stupid refers to lack of ability while Ignorant refers to lack of knowledge.

Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Having a rubberized case would help with grip to. I have the otter box case can't remember which one they call it but it's the one with the plastic then the outter rubber casing for the most durability. Also a screen protector built in. only downside to the case so far is difficult to get the very edges of the screen to scroll them dragging an app to another screen. then again i have pretty big hands/fingers.

Remove Ads

Ads