Welcome to the Atrix Forum - Motorola Atrix Forum.

Register ButtonIf this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Copying files with broken screen

This is a discussion on Copying files with broken screen within the Motorola Atrix Help forums, part of the Motorola Atrix Support Forum category; What about installing Lookout directly from your pc. https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...from_developer From their web page you could do a recovery....

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    BUC
    Member #
    Liked
    27 times
    What about installing Lookout directly from your pc.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...from_developer

From their web page you could do a recovery.
    Motorola Atrix 4G
    Android

Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    The device needs to be powered up to do this, but you don't (in my experience) need to make any settings changes in the device, so it shouldn't matter that the display is destroyed -- that is, if it works well enough to ring, you should be able to access and copy your files.

If the device won't mount as mass storage or media on a USB cable, you may still be able to recover photos from Android if they're stored on an SD card -- you'll just need to power down the phone and pull the SD card, then insert it in a compatible reader connected to your computer.
    Last edited by Johnsimith; 12-16-2015 at 08:38 PM.

Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    you need to install android sdk and turn on adb to access your phone. However, this is a bit tricky and would be a challenge task for those who don't know much about computers. However, there is an easy way out but you need to pay for a few bucks to get the commercial app to help you out. I used phone transfer to copy android files to computer without much effort. My phone is Moto X 2Gen
    Last edited by betachild; 12-23-2015 at 05:09 AM.

Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    It is not difficult to transfer android phone data to computer .If you use some android assistant tools ,transfer data so easily ! You can get transfer tools from Cnet !
    Last edited by Dwaaty; 07-21-2016 at 08:57 PM.

Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    You really need an android assistant to transfer all your data from the phone to pc, I think it can be easier.
    you can backup or transfer text messages, contacts, photos, and other media files like videos, music files.

And, if you meet data loss, you wouldn't be worried.
    Last edited by Sheila; 07-25-2016 at 08:44 PM.

Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Have you enabled usb debugging on your phone? If so, connect your phone to computer via the usb cable and download an Android assistant to transfer data from your phone to computer, there're many this kind of apps for Android file transfer windows.
    Last edited by quwes; 04-26-2017 at 03:12 AM.

Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Here I'd like to recommend you to try this Samsung Backup. With it, you will be able to copy data from android to computer at will. In fact, as a great backup assistant, this program allows you to backup everything on your android phone to computer without any limitation

Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    I heard you can buy USB OTG converter, so you can mirror the screen on computer. BTW, if USB debugging was enabled, then you can use third-party apps to transfer files from Android to Computer such as AirDroid, MobileGo, Mobonoco
    Last edited by parksprs; 05-22-2017 at 02:58 AM.

Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Solution 1: First of all, if your phone won't turn on at all, restart it by pressing the Power key for 10 seconds. If the problem still remains, try the second method.

Solution 2: Sometimes your phone does not switch on just because it is run out of power. Having it charged for a couple of hours and see whether it goes back to the normal state. If this measure still doesn’t work, try the final one.

Solution 3: Press the Volume Up, Power and Home button simultaneously to boot the device into Recovery Mode. Scroll down the main menu via Volume key and select "Factory reset/Wipe data" by pressing Power button.
    Note: The third method will delete all the data stored in your phone if you haven't backed them up before.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads

Ads