Welcome to the Atrix Forum - Motorola Atrix Forum.

Register ButtonIf this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

how can I restore stock webtop, lapdock, and Entertainment Center for 2.3.6?

This is a discussion on how can I restore stock webtop, lapdock, and Entertainment Center for 2.3.6? within the Motorola Atrix Help forums, part of the Motorola Atrix Support Forum category; I am running GB 2.3.6 build 4.5.141 on AT&T with root and unlocked bootloader. I have faux123's 1.45 kernel, only to improve performance - i ...

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By DJEDGARFTW
  • 1 Post By das8nt

Thread: how can I restore stock webtop, lapdock, and Entertainment Center for 2.3.6?

Member #
    Liked
    0 times

how can I restore stock webtop, lapdock, and Entertainment Center for 2.3.6?

I am running GB 2.3.6 build 4.5.141 on AT&T with root and unlocked bootloader. I have faux123's 1.45 kernel, only to improve performance - i havent done any hacks or custom ROM's. I tried this webtop hack so I could use the webtop on a TV How to Enable WebTop without Laptop/USB Dock! | Atrix 4G Hacks. I made a foolish noob mistake by only having my Titanium backup storing 1 backup file at a time, and I performed another backup before doing anything w/ an HDMI connection, so I cant restore from Titanium. Besides, I'm not sure I know all the files that all relevant. The hack didn't work, and messed up something else. Attaching w/ the HDMI cable used to give an option for the Entertainment Center, now nothing happens when I connect. Also, plugging into the lapdock does nothing on the lapdock - the phone's screen turns landscape, but nothing comes on the screen.

To sum up, I screwed up whatever controls the lapdock and Entertainment Center, and figure restoring that to stock would fix me up. I tried this fix, but cannot find a 2.3.6 zip from which to pull the webtop.img it calls for: [HOW TO] Flash Stock Webtop onto the Atrix

A
    ny ideas or suggestions? TIA

Member #
    Twitter
    @Djedgarftw
    Liked
    26 times
    This will restore you st stock and restore your system ------> [HOW TO] Use RSD Lite to Flash a SBF File - Motorola Atrix
    Make sure you go back to 2.3.6. 4.5.141 not to anything lower or you will brick your phone. You will also lose root and bootloader will be relocked but it is easy to re-root and re-unlock the bootloader
    Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk 2
    cninoue likes this.
    Atrix Nottach Trix 4G 1.30

Super Moderator/RS
    Member #
    Twitter
    @das8nt
    Liked
    1281 times
    +1 to the above. Even if you had the 2.3.6 webtop image it only contains the webtop OS and not the files that launch the options which is what that mod replaced. The SBF flash is the cleanest, most reliable way to restore functionality.

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk 2
    cninoue likes this.

AtrixForums.com : My Anti-Drug : Above the iNfluence

Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    appreciate the help, y'all - restoring then re-rooting and re-unlocking did the trick.

Remove Ads

Ads