Welcome to the Atrix Forum - Motorola Atrix Forum.

Register ButtonIf this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Atrix Wifi issues

This is a discussion on Atrix Wifi issues within the Motorola Atrix Help forums, part of the Motorola Atrix Support Forum category; Hello Friends, I bought a used Atrix 4G and the person had the phone rooted and had CM7 nightly build installed. I had Wi-fi issues ...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Atrix Wifi issues

Member #
    Liked
    0 times

Atrix Wifi issues

Hello Friends,
    I bought a used Atrix 4G and the person had the phone rooted and had CM7 nightly build installed. I had Wi-fi issues from day 1. It would not turn ON and kept showing 'Error'. I flashed it back to 2.3.4 . But the problem still persists. When I flashed it back, i guess the bootloader was locked again ( The startup screen with the Red Motorola symbol did not say unlocked in the top left corner like it did prior to flashing. so i am guess thats what it is.). I thought it might be some kind of a hardware problem, but turns out it isn't. The guy says the rooting might have corrupted the radio file or smthn like that. I was wondering if the problem would be solved if I downgraded to 2.3.4 / 4.5.91 or even better 2.2.2 (1.8.3). Is that possible? If yes, could you instruct me how to go about this? This phone is currently on the AT&T network.
    Somebody please help me out here.

Thanks

Arjun

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    2016 times
    Hi there, and welcome to the Atrix Forums!

I need you to hang on until one of the Rescue Squad guys can come by and give you a hand.
    arjunskrish likes this.
    GSM Galaxy Note 3 (Black) - Straight Stock
    GSM Galaxy Note 2 (Titanium) - Rooted running Jedi X20 Rom
    GSM Galaxy Nexus (Black) - Straight Stock

GSM Samsung Galaxy S3 (Red) - Rooted running Deadly Venom v8.0.1 Rom

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Twitter
    golfer_mfr
    Liked
    677 times
    The problem will not be solved by going backwards. Rooting did not corrupt the radio file or anything like that. When you flashed it back to 2.3.4 (I'm assuming you used the sbf file), you then need to unlock the bootloader again and re-root before you can flash any custom roms. Do not try to sbf further back to earlier versions of stock roms.

Before you go any further, is this a US phone or an international phone? Does to phone boot up? If so, go to settings and tell us what radio and other settings are shown in the about phone area, so we know where we are starting from.

Please adhere to the Atrix Forum's Rules of Conduct

Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by carl_h View Post
    The problem will not be solved by going backwards. Rooting did not corrupt the radio file or anything like that. When you flashed it back to 2.3.4 (I'm assuming you used the sbf file), you then need to unlock the bootloader again and re-root before you can flash any custom roms. Do not try to sbf further back to earlier versions of stock roms.

Before you go any further, is this a US phone or an international phone? Does to phone boot up? If so, go to settings and tell us what radio and other settings are shown in the about phone area, so we know where we are starting from.

Thanks for helping Carl_h.
    This is a US phone. The phone does boot up. Its only the Wi-fi and the bluetooth that do not function properly. If you could direct me as to where in the about phone settings do I find the radio version, I could tell you the required details.

Thanks again.

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Twitter
    golfer_mfr
    Liked
    677 times
    Go to settings>about phone ... scroll down and tell me System version, Model number, Android version, Baseband version, and Build number

Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    System version:4.5.141.MB860.ATT.en.US
    Model number : MB860
    Android Version: 2.3.6
    Baseband version : N_01.77.37P
    Webtop version: WT-1.2.0-110_OLY-6
    Kernel Version: 2.6.32.9 a21146@zch45lnxdroid55#2
    Build Number:4.5.141

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Twitter
    golfer_mfr
    Liked
    677 times
    OK...you're running the most recent AT&T Gingerbread rom (2.3.6). I can assure you that that rom and that radio both work perfectly well for both WiFi and Bluetooth and there is no need to downgrade to an earlier stock version (in fact, that's a bad idea for several reasons). So, we need to figure out why you can't hook up to WiFi or BT.

Let's focus on WiFi first ... what happens when you turn on your WiFi icon in the settings? Do you see any available networks? Are they protected or open networks? Have you ever been able to hookup to a public WiFi, such as at McDonald's, Barnes and Noble, or an AT&T store? What kind of router are you using and is it protected or open?

Super Moderator/RS
    Member #
    Twitter
    @das8nt
    Liked
    1281 times
    There may be a software fix for it, but one hasn't been found that I know of.

I was just checking on the official Motorola Owner's Forums again to see if there had been any progress on this, but to my surprise it looks like they still haven't acknowledged it as being a widespread issue.

You might want to add your experience to this thread and see if we can't encourage them to look into it further: https://forums.motorola.com/posts/c83f1b6933

Edit: Sorry Carl. I spent too much time reading the Moto site. The issue is that Wifi and BT will not turn on at all, and then they'll reboot the phone eventually. We've had quite a few of this same issue show up since the 4.5.141 update and SBF flashes and custom ROMs haven't been able to cure it that I know of.
    Last edited by das8nt; 07-09-2012 at 10:46 PM.

AtrixForums.com : My Anti-Drug : Above the iNfluence

Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by carl_h View Post
    OK...you're running the most recent AT&T Gingerbread rom (2.3.6). I can assure you that that rom and that radio both work perfectly well for both WiFi and Bluetooth and there is no need to downgrade to an earlier stock version (in fact, that's a bad idea for several reasons). So, we need to figure out why you can't hook up to WiFi or BT.Let's focus on WiFi first ... what happens when you turn on your WiFi icon in the settings? Do you see any available networks? Are they protected or open networks? Have you ever been able to hookup to a public WiFi, such as at McDonald's, Barnes and Noble, or an AT&T store? What kind of router are you using and is it protected or open?
    The Wifi wouldnt turn ON . It shows an error sign and the phone then reboots. It tuned ON in a couple public connections but only for a brief period of time. How do you I what kind of a router I have. My roommate also has an atrix thats has 2.2.2 on it and his Wi-fi and bluetooth work Flawlessly. SOme of my other friends who have Atrix with the same configuration that I have have no such issues with wi-fi. I hope you help me out here.

Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by das8nt View Post
    There may be a software fix for it, but one hasn't been found that I know of.I was just checking on the official Motorola Owner's Forums again to see if there had been any progress on this, but to my surprise it looks like they still haven't acknowledged it as being a widespread issue.You might want to add your experience to this thread and see if we can't encourage them to look into it further: https://forums.motorola.com/posts/c83f1b6933Edit: Sorry Carl. I spent too much time reading the Moto site. The issue is that Wifi and BT will not turn on at all, and then they'll reboot the phone eventually. We've had quite a few of this same issue show up since the 4.5.141 update and SBF flashes and custom ROMs haven't been able to cure it that I know of.
    I checked out that Forum as well. I spoke to Motorola as well. They are sure that its a hardware error and it will cost $109 + taxes to fix that however many customers have reported unsuccessful fix even after spending $109. Motorola isnt really customer friendly. So I'd rather not rell them.

Ads