Welcome to the Atrix Forum - Motorola Atrix Forum.

Register ButtonIf this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

1.3 avrcp

This is a discussion on 1.3 avrcp within the Motorola Atrix Help forums, part of the Motorola Atrix Support Forum category; Hello, I have an Atrix 4G on AT&T. Rooted , stock rom and kernel. I rooted to make minor tweaks only. I have the MW600 ...

Thread: 1.3 avrcp

Member #
    Liked
    8 times

Question Bluetooth help.

Hello, I have an Atrix 4G on AT&T. Rooted , stock rom and kernel. I rooted to make minor tweaks only. I have the MW600 Bluetooth headset by SE, which has a display for music info. (artist, name of song) The thing is that the atrix does not seem to support this feature. It seems that itsong needs version 1.3 or above of the AVRCP. I tried google music, poweramp, songbird and the stock music player and none of them work. Any help is appreciated. So is this hardware or software related? If its hardware, then theres nothing I can do. If its software though, is there anything i can do that does not involve flashing custom roms? If that IS the only option, tell me which rom and i might just do it. Thanks .
    Last edited by lusheando; 08-01-2012 at 05:08 PM.

Super Moderator/RS
    Member #
    Twitter
    @das8nt
    Liked
    1281 times
    From what I just read, and the last thing I could find about it specific the Atrix 4G, was that it was working in the ROM CM7 Beta3. That means it was probably working in the subsequent releases of that ROM. Not sure about 7.2, 9 or the upcoming 10. The last word was that you had to use the stock player that comes with the ROM. It's definitely software based; it has to be written into the kernel and an app included to support it.

Sent from my MB865 Atrix 2 via Tapatalk 2

AtrixForums.com : My Anti-Drug : Above the iNfluence

Member #
    Liked
    8 times
    So my only option is a custom rom? I honestly dont feel comfortable flashing custom roms since im still new toandroid. Rooting is one thing ,but is installing a custom rom hard?

Super Moderator/RS
    Member #
    Twitter
    @das8nt
    Liked
    1281 times
    I believe so, yes. The Atrix might support 1.0, for controls only, but I couldn't find anything about 1.3 without the mention of a ROM.

I wouldn't say it's necessarily difficult, but it's definitely more involved and more steps. You would probably want to root, backup apps and data, unlock (which wipes you), install custom recovery, use it to install the ROM. It's not for everyone, though, and if you don't feel comfortable then don't do it. It all depends on how important it is to you, I suppose.

Sent from my Atrix HD MB886 using Tapatalk 2

AtrixForums.com : My Anti-Drug : Above the iNfluence

Remove Ads

Ads