Welcome to the Atrix Forum - Motorola Atrix Forum.

Register ButtonIf this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Sim not allowed mm#3

This is a discussion on Sim not allowed mm#3 within the Motorola Atrix Help forums, part of the Motorola Atrix Support Forum category; I keep getting this message on my atrix. Then I lose all cell network connectivity, no calls or text. I went by at&t store today ...

+ Reply to Thread
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times

Sim not allowed mm#3

I keep getting this message on my atrix. Then I lose all cell network connectivity, no calls or text.

I went by at&t store today and got a new sim card. It did it again tonight after the new sim. Any ideas?

Super Moderator/RS
    Member #
    Twitter
    @das8nt
    Liked
    1281 times

Re: Sim not allowed mm#3

I haven't gotten that message before. I get SIM not provisioned when I'm using on of my other handsets with an old SIM in it each time I boot up.

Maybe the SIM contacts in the phone? Has there been any physical damage to the phone? Has it gotten overheated recently? How often does this happen and does a reboot cure it?

Sent from my MB865 Atrix 2 via Tapatalk 2

AtrixForums.com : My Anti-Drug : Above the iNfluence

Member #
    Liked
    0 times

No phone damage, it just started about a week ago. Reboot fixes it most of the time, sometimes I have to do a battery pull. No overheat that I know of and I don't store my contacts on the sim.

My wife has the same phone and hers has done it a couple of times in the last week as well, but not as often as mine. It seems to be intermittent, it has done it a couple times in one day or sometimes a couple days in between occurances.

Maybe a network issue? I really don't need to have to buy a new phone or 2 right now. Hoping this goes away.

Super Moderator/RS
    Member #
    Twitter
    @das8nt
    Liked
    1281 times

Yeah, I would say that with both phones exhibiting the same error just recently that it's a network issue. Like maybe the nodes are being upgraded and it's kicking you off just long enough to mess it up. I would call the AT&T CS line (611) and see if there's work being done on your local towers. I would say that's the likely culprit, and if so it should clear up within a week or two.

Sent from my MB865 Atrix 2 via Tapatalk 2

AtrixForums.com : My Anti-Drug : Above the iNfluence

Member #
    Liked
    0 times

So I got bumped off again today bit with no error message this time. My data works fine. I don't really text or call that much so its not too unusual if I don't get calls or texts all day. I went to call my wife at about 4pm and it just immediately drops the call. I try again, same thing.

I can turn on airplane mode and turn it back off and it re-establishes the connection, it was obvious because as soon as my signal came back I got bombed with about 6 texts and voicemail notifications. But all day long my data works fine...facebooking, tapatalk, email all works fine (not on wifi either). Just voice and texts gets killed, all the while I have perfect signal and don't have any idea it doesn't work unless I attempt a phone call.

What a load of suck.

Ads