Welcome to the Atrix Forum - Motorola Atrix Forum.

Register ButtonIf this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

I can send, but Incoming SMS stop for days. When deleted, same one keeps coming in.

This is a discussion on I can send, but Incoming SMS stop for days. When deleted, same one keeps coming in. within the Motorola Atrix Help forums, part of the Motorola Atrix Support Forum category; New to the forum. Glad I found it. I have an Atrix MB860 on AT&T with 2 HD docks, a laptop dock, 20 batteries, etc. ...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By UltraDroid

Thread: I can send, but Incoming SMS stop for days. When deleted, same one keeps coming in.

Member #
    Liked
    0 times

I can send, but Incoming SMS stop for days. When deleted, same one keeps coming in.

New to the forum. Glad I found it.
    I have an Atrix MB860 on AT&T with 2 HD docks, a laptop dock, 20 batteries, etc. Simply put. I love this phone.

System Version 4.5.141.MB860.ATT.en.US
    Android 2.3.6
    Kernel 2.6.32.9
    a21146@zch451nxdroid55 #2
    Build 4.5.141

About a month ago, I started getting calls from angry friends and family wondering why I haven't returned their texts.

Apparently, I hadn't received any texts for 3 days. I deleted every text I have, then restarted my phone.

Then I received a text. It was the one I had received 3 days before. And that's all I received.

So I deleted it. Minutes later, it re-appears. The cycle repeats as long as I do this until after many phone restarts....

All the texts that have been waiting to get to my phone come in one after the other nonstop.

Then all is well again.

This issue happened 2 more times, and has actually just started again yesterday (fourth time)

I did everything I could with AT&T, and all they ever say is factory reset. (Would rather not. TOo much work to set up phone again)

I did discover something. I put my SIM in an older phone, and all my texts came in to the older (AT&T Tilt 2) phone.

When I put the SIM back in the Atrix, things come back to normal after a while.

I've also tried deleting my messaging cache (Settings-manage apps-all-messaging-clear cache)

It seems this is recurring, and rather annoying.

I don't know the ins and outs of the OS, but it seems something in my Atrix is preventing the incoming queue of messages, perhaps by not sending a flag to AT&T's message center to say"Hey, I already received that one, so don't send it again. I'm ready for the new one."

Also, I can send without a problem to anyone. (Except myself) They all receive the messages.

Has anyone ever seen or heard of such a problem?

Can anyone offer a solution?

Kind Regards,

Kenny

Super Moderator/RS
    Member #
    Twitter
    @das8nt
    Liked
    1281 times

Hi and welcome to the site!

Did AT&T try replacing the SIM card? Did they try booting you off the network and the reactivating?

I can't say I've seen this exact issue, but I have seen the need for a new SIM after a long time of successful use. It also seems different phones handle SIMs differently, which may be why the Tilt was just fine with it.

As much of a pain as I know it is, it may be a good idea to try the reset. Sometimes a fresh start does quite a bit of good.

Sent from my MB865 Atrix 2 via Tapatalk 2

AtrixForums.com : My Anti-Drug : Above the iNfluence

Member #
    Liked
    0 times

Same issue

I'm having the same issue of not being able to receive messages. It happened for a day and then went away and now it's back again. Did you ever find a solution? This problem is extremely frustrating o.e
    If you have the solution could you PM me with details?
    Thanks so much!
    Last edited by UltraDroid; 12-21-2012 at 09:15 PM. Reason: Removed display of personal email from the post

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    2018 times
    Hello Calebmoo, and welcome to the forum.

I had to remove your personal email address and change it to PM because you don't want to know what happens when spammers get ahold of a personal email address. They have bots which cruise the internet looking for naked email addresses to harvest, and bad things happen when they get yours - bad things.
    Condor97 likes this.
    GSM Galaxy Note 3 (Black) - Straight Stock
    GSM Galaxy Note 2 (Titanium) - Rooted running Jedi X20 Rom
    GSM Galaxy Nexus (Black) - Straight Stock

GSM Samsung Galaxy S3 (Red) - Rooted running Deadly Venom v8.0.1 Rom

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Calebmoo View Post
    I'm having the same issue of not being able to receive messages. It happened for a day and then went away and now it's back again. Did you ever find a solution? This problem is extremely frustrating o.e
    If you have the solution could you PM me with details?
    Thanks so much!

No, dont PM the details please, what about all of us that have the same problem? We aren't benefiting anyone else by being private in the solution department. Geeze

Remove Ads

Ads