Welcome to the Atrix Forum - Motorola Atrix Forum.

Register ButtonIf this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Accidentally partitioned internal SD to 0MB.. recovery gone.. weird boot menu

This is a discussion on Accidentally partitioned internal SD to 0MB.. recovery gone.. weird boot menu within the Motorola Atrix Help forums, part of the Motorola Atrix Support Forum category; Hi guys, Let me tell you what happened. step by step. I have an ATT atrix , stock 2.3.6 - rooted - 1. I unlocked ...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By das8nt

Thread: Accidentally partitioned internal SD to 0MB.. recovery gone.. weird boot menu

Member #
    Liked
    0 times

Question Accidentally partitioned internal SD to 0MB.. recovery gone.. weird boot menu

Hi guys,

Let me tell you what happened. step by step.

I have an ATT atrix , stock 2.3.6 - rooted -

1. I unlocked the bootloader
    2. I flashed a CMW recovery
    3. I made a NANDROID
    4. I flashed CM10 ( epinter's ) rom. and gapps

Today I wanted to wipe battery stats, so I booted in recovery mode , and then I wipe it ,but I dont know how the hell I arrived in other menu where I didnt see the goes back button, and I dont even know why I pressed the power button and select 0 mb in the menu of SD PARTITION. after I done this, my cellphone reboot and this happened :

The recovery dissapeared
    The Motorola logo gone.
    After a long text appear with a list . The OS charged and I could get it. but The toush screen didnt work ( in the bottom side )

I could log into fastboot, then I flashed the recovery , then I flashed the DSP ( to fix the touch screen )
    and finally, I flashed a motorola logo.

Everythings looks fine now.

But, I think something MUST be wrong inside. Can someone explain me?

I try to flash my nandroid after made the 3 wipes again, but it says : error flashing /system .. when it's restoring.

I have flashed cm10 again , and all is good until now...

But I would like to someone tell me what I did. I feel like I just repair the way It looks like.. but something should be wrong in it.

Thank you guys, in advance.

Super Moderator/RS
    Member #
    Twitter
    @das8nt
    Liked
    1281 times

Re: Accidentally partitioned internal SD to 0MB.. recovery gone.. weird boot menu

Everything seems to be working okay now?

It sounds like you tried to resize your internal partitions and ended up wiping the bootloader or OS. The menu that came up likely said something like No OS detected, entering RSD mode? Then gave 14 options?

It sounds like you took all of the right steps to recover. Are you still having any issues?

I have had issues restore /system partitions before as well. If it happens I usually just reflash the ROM or SBF I need and then restore the /data partition only.

Sent from my MB865 Atrix 2 via Tapatalk 2

AtrixForums.com : My Anti-Drug : Above the iNfluence

Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by das8nt View Post
    Everything seems to be working okay now?

It sounds like you tried to resize your internal partitions and ended up wiping the bootloader or OS. The menu that came up likely said something like No OS detected, entering RSD mode? Then gave 14 options?

It sounds like you took all of the right steps to recover. Are you still having any issues?

I have had issues restore /system partitions before as well. If it happens I usually just reflash the ROM or SBF I need and then restore the /data partition only.

Everything was perfect, after I flashed cm10. I just wanted to wipe battery stats . that's why I reboot into recovery,
    but I dont know how I ended in this menu:

and then , I select this:

Finally, It reboots and this appear:
    This same image:

When I wanted to go into Recovery; A red warning message appear saying that there's no recovery.
    It reboots and the OS runs.

I could fix everything ( Everything I saw )... like :
    - Flash pds ( for touchscreen )
    - Flash recovery
    - Flash motorola logo.

Everything was perfect , but I though It would be better If I flash the nandroid which I created after unlocking my bootloader,

So I went into recovery and when I tried to flash my nandroid ... it says : error /data restoring. or something like that. I just re-flashed cm10 again.

Everything is perfect... ( it seems perfect ) I dont have problems with wifi or gps or something... but.... I think something just break inside.. maybe that's why I cant flash my own nandroid.

That's what I would like to know... what I really break in there?.
    Ext size and swap size... into 0M what this means..

Thank you so much!
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by TeoLam; 09-19-2012 at 01:27 PM.

Super Moderator/RS
    Member #
    Twitter
    @das8nt
    Liked
    1281 times

Re: Accidentally partitioned internal SD to 0MB.. recovery gone.. weird boot menu

Well, it looks as though you were re-partitioning something, but I'm not sure what. Sounds like it was the /sdcard, which on the Atrix is actually the phone's Internal Storage, which is just a partition of the phone's main memory holding the OS and user data. If you go into Settings > Applications > Manage applications, how much free space and used space does it say you have for apps?

See this article that's not related to the Atrix, but discusses the use of formatting and partitioning an external SD card: http://webtrickz.com/guide-to-instal...nstructions/3/

Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by das8nt View Post
    Well, it looks as though you were re-partitioning something, but I'm not sure what. Sounds like it was the /sdcard, which on the Atrix is actually the phone's Internal Storage, which is just a partition of the phone's main memory holding the OS and user data. If you go into Settings > Applications > Manage applications, how much free space and used space does it say you have for apps?

See this article that's not related to the Atrix, but discusses the use of formatting and partitioning an external SD card: Guide to Install Android 2.3 Gingerbread (CM7) on LG Optimus One P500

Yep.... after I fixed up some problems which I could see ( like flash recovering again, flash the motologo and flash the pds ) everything was ok.

I tried to flash my own nandroid but I can't . It says : error /data recovering..
    I dont know what I really deleted ( I think I should broke something inside ) but.. everything's working ok.. Bluetooth, wifi, etc etc...

The only problem is I cant flash my nandroid...

and about the space...check this out.
    Name:  Screenshot_2012-09-20-03-27-01.png
Views: 1859
Size:  259.7 KBName:  Screenshot_2012-09-20-03-27-14.png
Views: 1874
Size:  272.7 KB Name:  Screenshot_2012-09-20-03-45-59.png
Views: 1870
Size:  307.0 KB

Thank you for your time, 8nt
    and sorry for my english, it's not my mother tongue

Super Moderator/RS
    Member #
    Twitter
    @das8nt
    Liked
    1281 times

Yep, all storage areas look like they should. Very odd. I'm not sure what would be preventing the nandroid restore. I know I've had issues with the /system partition restore before, but i have always been able restore at least the /data by itself.

Good luck with it, sorry I couldn't be much help.

TeoLam likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Thank you 8nt,

That look strange, I wanted to flash the nandroid just 1 day after I did it...
    So I dont see a reason.. Maybe I deleted just that exactly part that allow me to flash my nandroid.
    Im thinking about make one more nandroid now, with my custom rom flashed. and try to restore it again later.

I hope to dont have anyother problem later with this.

Thank you for all ur help,

Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Firstly, get into RSD mode and then flash the stock Rom. After installing just wipe data in Stock Recovery mode.
    If you want to recover the data in your Moto phone, just go to [Mod Edit:Link removed]
    Last edited by Condor97; 12-21-2013 at 07:08 AM. Reason: Uncurated link removed

Remove Ads

Ads