Welcome to the Atrix Forum - Motorola Atrix Forum.

Register ButtonIf this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Need Help with Boot Loop - Never Rooted

This is a discussion on Need Help with Boot Loop - Never Rooted within the Motorola Atrix Help forums, part of the Motorola Atrix Support Forum category; Hello all, I've been scrounging the internet trying to find a solution to my problem without any success. =[ Today, my atrix drained all the ...

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By joeaux

Thread: Need Help with Boot Loop - Never Rooted

Member #
    Liked
    1 times

Need Help with Boot Loop - Never Rooted

Hello all,

I've been scrounging the internet trying to find a solution to my problem without any success. =[

Today, my atrix drained all the way to the point where it shut itself off. Now that I have it hooked up to a power plug and have been able to turn it on, it is stuck in a boot loop. It can get past the motorola logo and the ATT logo, and will be powered on for roughly 10-15 seconds before the screen turns dark and it starts to boot up again. I tried a hard reset, but the same boot loop sequence happens. I have never rooted my phone nor sideloaded any apps.

Are there any other options for me to try besides a hard reset?

Thanks for any suggestions!!

Member #
    I am on a drug. It's called Charlie Sheen. It's not available. If you try it once, you will die.
    Liked
    68 times
    Dont know if it'll help, but have you tried pulling the battery yet?
    iPhone -> iPhone 3 -> iPhone 3GS -> iPhone 4 -> Atrix.

Anyone looking for a like new Panasonic ToughBook laptop?

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Oh yeahh. I forgot to mention that. I've pulled the battery several times with no effect. Does it make a difference how long I leave the battery out?

Super Moderator/RS
    Member #
    Twitter
    @das8nt
    Liked
    1281 times
    This is the first I have seen of this type of problem if no hacking has been done. I know it's not convenient, but I would almost certainly get it exchanged for another unit. There's no reason you should have to deal with that, especially if you haven't cracked into it.

AtrixForums.com : My Anti-Drug : Above the iNfluence

Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    I just bought my Atrix today. I got it home and plugged it in. First thing I noticed was that I wasn't charging, so I powered it off then on again and boom boot loop. If I unplug the charger it boots normally, then I plug it in and it won't charge. Going in tomorrow to exchange it!!!

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    For reasons I can't exactly pinpoint, my Atrix works again!!! I had been storing my battery separate from the phone, and after leaving it out for maybe over 24 hours, it worked on my attempt to try it again. Makes me wish I hadn't reset my phone, but then again, it may have been necessary for the solution.

I did take it into Radio Shack to exchange it, but I had made things complicated by going on a trip and Radio Shack doesn't allow you to exchange it at a store different from where you purchased it without jumping through some hoops. So that process had delayed my ability to get it exchanged, but I guess it gave the phone time to rest. =]

Thanks again for the suggestions!

Bottom line. My phone works again. =]

Super Moderator/RS
    Member #
    Twitter
    @das8nt
    Liked
    1281 times
    Quote Originally Posted by pixel View Post
    For reasons I can't exactly pinpoint, my Atrix works again!!! I had been storing my battery separate from the phone, and after leaving it out for maybe over 24 hours, it worked on my attempt to try it again. Makes me wish I hadn't reset my phone, but then again, it may have been necessary for the solution.

I did take it into Radio Shack to exchange it, but I had made things complicated by going on a trip and Radio Shack doesn't allow you to exchange it at a store different from where you purchased it without jumping through some hoops. So that process had delayed my ability to get it exchanged, but I guess it gave the phone time to rest. =]

Thanks again for the suggestions!

Bottom line. My phone works again. =]
    Sweet! Glad it works again! Here's hoping that was a one time only fluke. :-)

Sent from my Rooted Atrix using Tapatalk Pro

AtrixForums.com : My Anti-Drug : Above the iNfluence

Member #
    Liked
    13 times
    I've had Motorola Android based phones do this before if the battery dies completely. The way to fix it is let the battery charge for at least several hours then do a reboot. It's always worked for me. When I got my first Android phone (an A855 Original Droid that I still have on Big Red) it did this exact thing to me. Scared the hell outta me. Like I said, since then this has happened on several phones.
    -joe-
    hiltun likes this.
    -Geek, Hack, Early Adopter-
    "The Cake Is a Lie..."

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Quote Originally Posted by joeaux View Post
    I've had Motorola Android based phones do this before if the battery dies completely. The way to fix it is let the battery charge for at least several hours then do a reboot. It's always worked for me. When I got my first Android phone (an A855 Original Droid that I still have on Big Red) it did this exact thing to me. Scared the hell outta me. Like I said, since then this has happened on several phones.
    -joe-
    Good info.

Any idea on why the random reboots on the atrix?

Ads