Welcome to the Atrix Forum - Motorola Atrix Forum.

Register ButtonIf this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Slowing down

This is a discussion on Slowing down within the Motorola Atrix Help forums, part of the Motorola Atrix Support Forum category; My structure has been slowing down the past few days, I click on my go SMS and other apps and it just sits there for ...

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Slowing down

Member #
    Liked
    3 times

Slowing down

My structure has been slowing down the past few days, I click on my go SMS and other apps and it just sits there for a moment then opens. Is there anything I can do? Also What is a task killer and How would I use it? Thanks.

Sent from my MB865 using Tapatalk 2

Super Moderator/RS
    Member #
    Twitter
    @das8nt
    Liked
    1281 times

Re: Slowing down

I wouldn't use a task killer, they're inherently bad for the Android system and the way it handles task priorities.

I had the same issue the first time around in using my Atrix 2. After a reset (and trying the Atrix HD), starting fresh proved to be what it needed. I think I had an app that was tying up the system, but I never fully figured out which one it was. I though it was a BT headset helper app (Jawbone), but I don't know for sure.

I would either start removing a few apps at a time to see if it gets better, or try starting fresh and only installing a few apps at a time each day to see if the new installs effect the phone again.

Sent from my MB865 Atrix 2 via Tapatalk 2

AtrixForums.com : My Anti-Drug : Above the iNfluence

Member #
    Liked
    28 times
    I've had really good success with System Tuner Pro. I'm not sure how well it kills or freezes apps on a stock rom, as I am rooted. I installed it in my Mom's new HTC though, & it did a far superior job than a run of the mill "task killer" app. It seems to provide a pretty damn good insight as to what your system's performance is based upon, and how it may possibly be improved. Good luck

*Some apps, like Androzip Pro file manager have a built-in "task killer" too
    Last edited by Lungbender; 10-04-2012 at 06:42 AM.

Member #
    Liked
    28 times
    This may sound obvious, but make sure that you have ample space on your internal sd. It is possible to have too many apps, especially HD style games, navigators, media player storages, etc. Processors need room to process

Member #
    Liked
    3 times

Re: Slowing down

Thanks, I didn't know about the Widgets. I had a Halloween countdown and once I uninstall that it was moving faster. But people have said something about ghz or something. What's that and How do I measure all that?

Sent from my MB865 using Tapatalk 2

Ads