Welcome to the Atrix Forum - Motorola Atrix Forum.

Register ButtonIf this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

WIFI problems, factory reset, now i cant get back in to the phone

This is a discussion on WIFI problems, factory reset, now i cant get back in to the phone within the Motorola Atrix Help forums, part of the Motorola Atrix Support Forum category; I absolutely love this phone, but its had a few problems since iv had it. I've had it a little over a year now, and ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: WIFI problems, factory reset, now i cant get back in to the phone

Member #
    Liked
    1 times

Unhappy WIFI problems, factory reset, now i cant get back in to the phone

I absolutely love this phone, but its had a few problems since iv had it. I've had it a little over a year now, and it all started with random shut offs and reboots, finger print scanner works sometimes and not others, when making or receiving a call i have to put the phone on the speaker phone in order for me to hear anything, and now as of today, it worked fine yesterday, the wifi will not turn on, i only get an error message. I've been on here all morning and now after noon trying to figure out what to do. I chatted with motorlola and she had me factory rest it and now i cant get past the blur log in because of the damn WIFI error! and it keeps rebooting now constently! Im so upset, now i dont even have a phone, and this is the only phone line i have. Is there any hope for my phone? Because now im lost on what to do.....

Member #
    Liked
    28 times
    Does the USB to PC cable work? Check the amount of free memory. Not having enough free memory can "overwhelm & confuse" the processor. A years' worth of app install/uninstall/backups, settings data, game saves, etc, really add up(& for the most part, unnecessary). I recommend a minimum of 15 to 20% free space, whenever possible.
    You don't need WiFi to access blur acct. Your carrier's signal is all you should need, even to access the App Markets. WiFi is like an auxiliary signal, that can be used in place of using your calling plan's data.
    You may want to seriously consider rooting the phone at this point(especially if you're already past the warranty). It's not very hard, & the people here are very well versed in all the necessary steps, & are very willing to help. There may be a problem with the factory OS, & you won't be able to properly diagnose or repair the problem without "Full Administrative Control". You've gone as far as you will get with Motorola. You will also get the same run-around from your service provider.
    There's always hope for the phone(as long it powers up)! I had the speaker problem too, a very long time ago, & I just need to remember what the fix was(something simple tho, I recall). The Atrix will still work without blur, or even google, if that's what you want from it. It's a pretty solid platform to work with.
    Last edited by Lungbender; 11-25-2012 at 03:46 AM.
    UltraDroid and SteveO390 like this.
    ""From my cold, dead hands!"

Super Moderator/RS
    Member #
    Twitter
    @das8nt
    Liked
    1281 times

Re: WIFI problems, factory reset, now i cant get back in to the phone

You may have a hardware issue as well. The Wifi and BT radio has been an issue on the Atrix 4G. Usually if Wifi won't start at all then it's the radio going bad. This probably means a repair by an authorized service center would be the only fix.

Sent from my MB865 Atrix 2 via Tapatalk 2

AtrixForums.com : My Anti-Drug : Above the iNfluence

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Thank you for responding, because at this point i can't even use the phone at all. Im just stuck on this connect to moto blur screen. And as far as wifi i really need it to work, I live in the mountians and the service here is really spotty. I have straight talk as my carrier and before they had sim cards made specificly for my phone, i went this rought and conected it this way How To: Straight Talk and Android - SIM Swap from Nokia Smartphone)
    But i just did the factory reset so as far as the apn and apps everything should have been wiped? right? yes i can connect it to the usb cable an the computer and i have about 1.85% left but im not sure if the sd or the phone.
    If i can go aroud the moto blur and get my phone back i will be a happy camper. but for right now i am headed our to find service and try to connect to data connection, will keep you posted how that goes. mean while if you could let me know what i need to do to get around the blur and how to root that would be great thatnks.

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Well i was able to put the right apn in & now im in the phone using my cell carriers net. Thank god! Lol but still no luck with wifi still getting an error &now BT will not turn on at all. When i spoke to motorola she instructed me to go into my applications select all & shut off & reinstall the wfi, but thefe isn't even an option to do that there. Is there another way of getting to it? Or finding it & reinstalling it? I have a locale cell Repair guy that could possibly replace what ever the chip is thats making the wifi BT not work. But i dont want to have to pay alot of money for him to do it. I really love my phone but for as many problems that im seeing with it on here i might just want to get one thats not so glitchy, & sell this one.

Member #
    Liked
    28 times
    Unfortunately, the repair guy is not much of a guarantee & will cost $$$ regardless. Once your phone is rooted, you will have access to see/modify/eliminate anything & everything in your phone. I struggle with poor service as well, & by rooting your phone, you can turn off, or uninstall all the built-in background apps that predatorailly & unnecessarily suck your bandwidth(really sucks when you don't have much of a signal in the first place). Only certain ROMs are set up to bypass Blur, but that isn't really the main issue. I use a Blur equipped ROM(Nottatchtrix; very happily too), & just shut down all of the processes that I don't need. I rely on my phone to access internet on my PC too(the only way to get internet where I live), & do it thru the use of a tethering app(free), so I don't have to pay AT&T for nothing. I think this is your best bet too. I don't have a root link, but I'm sure that Das8nt, or one of the other Mods will have no problem helping you with that. I will follow your progress & will help you with further questions/issues that you may have once you are rooted. These phones are well worth the effort, in my opinion. Have a little patience, & you will be back up & running(better than ever) within the next couple of days. Good Luck!
    *PLEASE READ THESE BEFORE YOU GO ANY FURTHER(if these links work)
    -Unlock bootloader & install ROM-
    [TUT]Unlocking Bootloader and Installing Custom ROMs
    -Root how to-
    [How To] Root Motorola Atrix 1 ALL Versions - Including STOCK/LOCKED 2.3.4/2.3.6

Member #
    Liked
    28 times
    I love my phone too, & you wouldn't believe all the issues that I had to deal with. I had everyone so stumped, that I had to become my own technician. There are some very insightful people here, but everyone prefers different ROMs, apps, etc, so it's not often that more than a few people may have experienced a particular issue.
    ps- 1.85% of free memory is probably your #1 suspect here. You MUST clear some memory before you even attempt to install a new ROM. A crash between OS changes could have catastrophic results. Pull the SD & clear it(your new ROM will be installed from here), then put it back in & try rebooting. That alone may help your cause. Your processor has no room left to process, thus resulting in a constantly crashing scenario. Same applies to your home PC/laptop, etc.
    Clean out that purse every now & again, girlfriend! lol

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Thank you so much lungbender, I have always been a jack of all trades kinda gal, if its broke, most of the time i can fix it. so lets get in to the nitty gritty, i was looking at the internal storage on my phone and im not even really sure what all of it is. SO i guess that means i can clear it out right? and as far as the sd there was really only pics and music that i installed on to it other than that i really dont know what all is on there. I just want to be careful not to delete anything that i will be needing. I use my phone for every thing from doing home work, to taking pics it, to scanning docs. it really has become a part of my hand as my mom tells me lol its allways within reach and if its not i cant servive. So in that case i think clearing out the junk that i dont even know what it is and rooting my phone is the way to go. Let me know if i can do any damage by just completely wiping the internal and sd, and if there is anything i may want to keep. ok on to reading up on the above root and roms education lol
    P.S. I have a really big purse so i try and clean it out weekly

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Few that was alot of info! So my next question is shall i do the root first or the unlock bootloader? I think i can handle getting through the root, but the other is alittle scary lol. I think I would want a pro. on stand by if i attempt any of this, maybe have someone chat with me over yahoo, chat or somethin? idk, im kinda chicken dont wanna screw up Or "Brick" (I think im using the right lingo here)my phone, its broke enough already lol So anyone willing to help a some what techy girl out? Think i may attempt this tomorrow.... Private message me so we can set somethin up. Thanks yall!
    P.S. i really like this sight, You guys pretty much rock!!

Member #
    Liked
    28 times
    The first step, before erasing, is to create a backup folder on your PC(1 file for the phone's internal files, & another for the SD). Backup everything that you possibly can. This way, once you've become familiar with the system files, you may be able to save on data download usage by simply transferring files. While you do that, I'll refresh myself with the install procedures again(it's been a while). You don't need to wipe the phone yet(that will happen during ROM installation), but you should clean out as many unnecessary files as you can. You need to make sure to fully charge the phone before beginning root procedures. That will give you some homework tonight, & we can do the root tomorrow, if you'd like. & yes, we can use a side messaging service. Any particular time in mind?
    das8nt likes this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

Ads