Welcome to the Atrix Forum - Motorola Atrix Forum.

Register ButtonIf this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Music & Photos disappear after Android 4.0.4.Download.

This is a discussion on Music & Photos disappear after Android 4.0.4.Download. within the Motorola Atrix Help forums, part of the Motorola Atrix Support Forum category; I have a Motorola Atrix 2 phone. I am on the AT&T network. The problem started to happen soon after I downloaded Android Update 4.0.4 ...

+ Reply to Thread
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times

Music & Photos disappear after Android 4.0.4.Download.

I have a Motorola Atrix 2 phone. I am on the AT&T network. The problem started to happen soon after I downloaded Android Update 4.0.4 to the phone. I have been to 5 different AT&T stores and they don't know how to fix it and tell me they have heard the same story from other people with the same phone.

All the music remains on the SD card but both the Google Play Music & the Default Music Player say I don't have any music on the phone. But then I go to the APP hit Clear Data, restart the phone, and it recognizes the music again for about 10 -12 hours. Motorola gave me this suggestion.

The music can be found on my SD card under the file mml....is that where it's supose to be?

The same thing is happening with pictures in My Gallery and can be brought back for 10-12 hours by clearing data.

And last, my computer doesn't always recognize the phone like it use to. It only recognizes the SD card most of the time. And sometimes only parts of the SD card.

Help is greatly appreciated.....Thanks....Greg

Super Moderator/RS
    Member #
    Twitter
    @das8nt
    Liked
    1281 times

Re: Music & Photos disappear after Android 4.0.4.Download.

As you've heard already, this has happened quite a bit to A2 users after the ICS upgrade. Unfortunately, the best way to insure that it's fixed permanently is to perform a factory reset. In fact, the content of the SD card should be backed up, the phone should be reset, then SD card should be formatted/erased by the phone Storage setting, and then the files should be copied back to the card while it's in the phone. I believe there is something about the new media scanner/manager that doesn't like certain files and will fail to properly scan and display the rest of the files.

On connecting to the PC, have you tried pulling down the notification bar and changing the USB option?

Sent from my MB886 Atrix HD using Tapatalk 2

AtrixForums.com : My Anti-Drug : Above the iNfluence

Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    I suggested a factory reset to AT&T but they told me it wouldn't help. Does the factory reset, set things back to gingerbread ? Will I lose my contacts and Phone Numbers ? So many questions, but I don't want to become a pain in the *%$. Do I remove the sim card ?

TIA ... Greg

Super Moderator/RS
    Member #
    Twitter
    @das8nt
    Liked
    1281 times

Quote Originally Posted by GLW1965 View Post
    I suggested a factory reset to AT&T but they told me it wouldn't help. Does the factory reset, set things back to gingerbread ? Will I lose my contacts and Phone Numbers ? So many questions, but I don't want to become a pain in the *%$. Do I remove the sim card ?

TIA ... Greg
    No, it won't revert to Gingerbread, it's stuck on ICS (without a bit of hackery.) You would need to make sure everything was backed up properly. Check your Google/Gmail account online and make sure all of your contacts are synced. If you store your pictures and music on an external sd card then they should be fine, but copying everything to your PC as a backup is always a good idea regardless (I use Cheetah Sync for auto backups.) If you want to keep and restore your SMS and call log then I recommend SMS Backup+; it copies it all to your Gmail account, can do it automatically on a schedule, and you can restore it or just read it in your Gmail. The Play Store remembers your installed and purchased apps, but you'll have to reinstall them on your own later. The data from your apps is another story (game saves, saved passwords, etc.) You can root and use an app like MyBackup Pro or Titanium Backup Pro, or MyBackup has some features for non-rooted users. There's plenty of other backup solutions with varying option in the Play Store as well.

It will still be a pain, but some of the above things can make it a little less of such.

Sent from my MB886 Atrix HD using Tapatalk 2

AtrixForums.com : My Anti-Drug : Above the iNfluence

Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Thank you so much das8nt....I'm on it.........

Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    the best way to insure that it's fixed permanently is to perform a factory reset.

Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    If I do a factory reset on my phone, will it lock the phone. I bought a Atrix 2. it was a att phone but I have it with Straight Talk.

Rescue Squad
    Member #
    Liked
    646 times

Is the phone rooted and unlocked?

-end of line-

Welcome to Android
    Atrix 4G Running CM9
    GNex Running JellyBelly JB 4.2 Custom
    Iconia A500 Running CM10
    Galaxy S3 Stock

Please feel free to PM me if you need any help, I'll get back to you as soon as I can..

Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    it was a att phone but I have it with Straight Talk

Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    I suggested a factory reset to AT&T but they told me it wouldn't help

Ads