Welcome to the Atrix Forum - Motorola Atrix Forum.

Register ButtonIf this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Surprise Surprise!

This is a discussion on Surprise Surprise! within the Motorola Atrix Roms forums, part of the Motorola Atrix Development category; I will be using my wife's Atrix 4G from now on! BUT....BUT...I need a stable ROM. I was thinking I wil flash the ICS Leak ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Surprise Surprise!

Member #
    Liked
    2 times

Surprise Surprise!

I will be using my wife's Atrix 4G from now on!

BUT....BUT...I need a stable ROM. I was thinking I wil flash the ICS Leak first and see how it goes. But I am dying to get MIUI. Are there any MIUI Stable editions for Atrix 4G, preferbaly ICS. I don't want GB and not very confident of JB. ICS is a safer bet I think.

Other ROMs are welcome too BTW>

Thanks!

Rescue Squad
    Member #
    Liked
    646 times

Re: Surprise Surprise!

Well, if you want ICS it's not gonna be stable but pretty close. Check the development area and you should find what you want.

.........TPT'd From my SGS3
    Welcome to Android
    Atrix 4G Running CM9
    GNex Running JellyBelly JB 4.2 Custom
    Iconia A500 Running CM10
    Galaxy S3 Stock

Please feel free to PM me if you need any help, I'll get back to you as soon as I can..

Member #
    Liked
    33 times
    If you are going to be running an Atrix 4G and you want it stable with all of the features working I wouldn't discount getting a GB rom. I'm running RedPill based on CM7.2. It's stable, fast, and everything works. I've had RedPill running on my phone for almost a year and besides the normal Android issues it's been a very stable rom.

[ROM] Dorian's RedPill-CM7 - Now Based on CM 7.2
    Moto Atrix 4G - Rooted, BL Unlocked, Carrier unlocked, RedPill CM7.2
    Google N1 - Rooted, Retired, Bad power switch repaired, backup device

Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Quote Originally Posted by RobKort View Post
    Well, if you want ICS it's not gonna be stable but pretty close. Check the development area and you should find what you want.

I did. But really couldn't find any ROM that was stable. I have tried many even when wifey was using it. How about the official "Leak" ICS? Is it stable or laggy as hell?

Also, one off topic question, why does MIUI have two websites? confuses the hell out of me.

Anyways, Thanks.

Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Kage_ View Post
    If you are going to be running an Atrix 4G and you want it stable with all of the features working I wouldn't discount getting a GB rom. I'm running RedPill based on CM7.2. It's stable, fast, and everything works. I've had RedPill running on my phone for almost a year and besides the normal Android issues it's been a very stable rom.

[ROM] Dorian's RedPill-CM7 - Now Based on CM 7.2
    Thanks for the link. But I am just a little..umm..embarrassed to run GB...hehehe.. Thanks nonetheless. I will give it a shot for sure.

Member #
    Liked
    33 times
    Quote Originally Posted by B.L.E.A.K View Post
    Thanks for the link. But I am just a little..umm..embarrassed to run GB...hehehe.. Thanks nonetheless. I will give it a shot for sure.
    Considering the phone is over two years old, was release on Feb 22, 2011, I have no issues with running GB esp since I run a 3rd party rom that has none of the motoblur crap on it. With launchers and themes it's pretty easy to get the look of JB or ICS with out actually having it. Also, what's the point of having additional features if they don't work or causes the phone to crash on a regular basis.
    Moto Atrix 4G - Rooted, BL Unlocked, Carrier unlocked, RedPill CM7.2
    Google N1 - Rooted, Retired, Bad power switch repaired, backup device

Rescue Squad
    Member #
    Liked
    646 times

Re: Surprise Surprise!

Anything beyond GB on the Atrix is going to have some issues as there was no official release for it. So in essence you only have ports of the ROM that were released for other devices. I don't thing there would be one out there without some issues.

Here's one that might be OK though....... http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...php?p=37790788

Last edited by RobKort; 03-19-2013 at 12:42 PM.
    B.L.E.A.K likes this.
    Welcome to Android
    Atrix 4G Running CM9
    GNex Running JellyBelly JB 4.2 Custom
    Iconia A500 Running CM10
    Galaxy S3 Stock

Please feel free to PM me if you need any help, I'll get back to you as soon as I can..

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Twitter
    @nakdea
    Liked
    765 times
    I downloaded the official "leak" and i found it to be great except for one key thing... battery life. My battery was dead in hours...

I went back to the HomeBase rom and I didn't have issues.

^ nexus 5 .
    galaxy s 3 . optimus g . nexus 4 . atrix

fin.

Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Quote Originally Posted by nalomo View Post
    I downloaded the official "leak" and i found it to be great except for one key thing... battery life. My battery was dead in hours...

I went back to the HomeBase rom and I didn't have issues.
    Umm..could u please share the link of the "leak". I got it from: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/cu2bd61dh6ytzda/C-z3zfNBcr.

Don't know if this is the final build. Could u help? Thanks!

Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Quote Originally Posted by RobKort View Post
    Anything beyond GB on the Atrix is going to have some issues as there was no official release for it. So in essence you only have ports of the ROM that were released for other devices. I don't thing there would be one out there without some issues.

Here's one that might be OK though....... [ROM][UNOFFICIAL BETA][CM10] Avatar ROM for Motorola Atrix MB860[Updated 17th Feb 13] - xda-developers

Gonna flash this one now...let's see how it goes...Thanks!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

Ads