Welcome to the Atrix Forum - Motorola Atrix Forum.

Register ButtonIf this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Where to find download for Kitchen

This is a discussion on Where to find download for Kitchen within the Motorola Atrix Roms forums, part of the Motorola Atrix Development category; I have googled this and am unable to find a good link. I already have Cygwin on my PC and set-up but I just need ...

Like Tree5Likes
  • 1 Post By jo15765
  • 4 Post By jo15765

Thread: Where to find download for Kitchen

Member #
    Liked
    1 times

Where to find download for Kitchen

I have googled this and am unable to find a good link. I already have Cygwin on my PC and set-up but I just need kitchen now
    This is the link I keep getting sent to: https://github.com/dsixda/Android-Kitchen But how do I actually download kitchen from it, I can't seem to figure it out!

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    495 times
    According to the site you linked, you have to click on the "tags" link (towards the upper right hand corner). When you do that it takes you to a page of zip/tar files you can download.

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Condor97 View Post
    According to the site you linked, you have to click on the "tags" link (towards the upper right hand corner). When you do that it takes you to a page of zip/tar files you can download.
    Got it thank you.

One other question, when I try to run kitchen through cygwin I get an error of The application 'unzip' is not installed properly, but I chose that when I set-up cygwin. How do I install a package now that cygwin is running in terminal?

Member #
    Liked
    30 times
    In my opinion it is a little more advanced but you can open the CygWin Terminal and use command line to install.
    (Please note I did not write this code, but I can't remember where I found it to give credit)
    In the command line type
    wget http://apt-cyg.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/apt-cyg
    chmod +x apt-cyg
    mv apt-cyg /usr/local/bin/

Then that gives you the ability to install from the command line. So use this command to install the package that you need, in your case unzip
    apt-cyg install unzip

Viola, unzip is installed!
    Condor97 likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    30 times
    Accidental Duplicate Post
    Last edited by jo15765; 05-23-2013 at 01:26 PM. Reason: Accidental Duplicate Post

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Well it looks to me like kitchen alone only gives very limited ability to modify a ROM -- things such as installing superbox and re-signing etc.

I was wanting a way to do more comprehensive modifications. What would you guys recommend in doing something more advanced modifications?

Member #
    Liked
    30 times
    Not that I am questioning your tech ability's, but modifying a ROM is not for the faint hearted or ones who have little programming experience. Also, please understand the ramifications of attempting to flash a customized ROM to your phone before beginning.

Here is a link over at xda (I am beginning to love that site) that explains in pretty good detail how to customize a ROM from the ground up. Take a look at it, and let us know if you get stuck on anything as I am sure myself or another member here will gladly step in to help out.

[Guide]Complete Android ROM development and essential tutorials ~~ By Nero Young ~~ - xda-developers

Remove Ads

Ads