Welcome to the Atrix Forum - Motorola Atrix Forum.

Register ButtonIf this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Cyanogenmod7

This is a discussion on Cyanogenmod7 within the Motorola Atrix Roms forums, part of the Motorola Atrix Development category; Is Cyanogenmod7 going to be available on our Atrices any time soon? Or can we just flash it now? I would love to see what ...

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree18Likes

Thread: Cyanogenmod7

Member #
    Liked
    0 times

Cyanogenmod7

Is Cyanogenmod7 going to be available on our Atrices any time soon? Or can we just flash it now? I would love to see what all the hype is about!

Member #
    Liked
    116 times
    Quote Originally Posted by jackbfreeman View Post
    Is Cyanogenmod7 going to be available on our Atrices any time soon? Or can we just flash it now? I would love to see what all the hype is about!
    Unfortunately dude it will be ready when its ready, none of us here (maybe some members who are devs) can answer that question for u, cuz we are all waiting for an ETA as anxiously as u. I have never had an Android device before my Atrix, so i would also like to see all the hype as well. I know how i am, everyone will love something and ill hate it...thats just the type of person i am, im a living contradiction lol.

Rescue Squad
    Member #
    Liked
    486 times
    Quote Originally Posted by jackbfreeman View Post
    1st rule of CyanogenMod - There are no ETAs Like Damien1592 said, we'll get it whenever we get it... if we get it. Usually if this kind of thing is gonna happen, it will be within a month of the bootloader unlock. There are so many variables the devs who (possibly) are working on this (if any) must deal with - such as the fingerprint scanner and other features unique to our Atrix, that the porting process may take some time before they are comfortable releasing it. Sure, there are devs out there who could get a flashable version out in a matter of days.... however it would be extremely buggy at best and the unique features of our phones would almost certainly not work correctly - if at all.

I look at it this way - the longer it takes to release generally means a more stable and bug-free ROM. I'm also waiting to unlock my bootloader until the official version drops on us due to some issues that are being reported, things like the radio problems, and other miscellaneous problems. If we are patient and wait, most likely we will have an unlocked bootloader, and none of the issues that others have reported thus far. Besides - there is no use for the unlocked bootloader until we actually have some full fledged ROM goodness to flash - with a way to recover from softbricks if we screw something up The usual RSDLite flash back to a stock SBF will most likely work - But ya never know

If you need help, and I appear to be offline, shoot me a msg on Gtalk, or PM me and I'll respond as soon as I possibly can!!

Member #
    Liked
    547 times
    All of which speaks very directly to my continued insistence on staying stock. Very eloquently, in fact.

Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Unlike all the other phones that run cyanogen, they don't have a fingerprint scanner or a web top laptop dock. It will take a while to get these working before the release happens. But when it happens the atrix will be a completely new beast of a phone.

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Twitter
    golfer_mfr
    Liked
    677 times
    What Wera said
    nh7tr likes this.
    Please adhere to the Atrix Forum's Rules of Conduct

Member #
    Twitter
    DroiDIY
    Liked
    100 times
    This is a post on F-Book about an hour ago...

Quote:
    "Below are a couple of things I am/or will be working on:
    -Secured 2 Atrix phones for CM7 (CyanogenMod) development. Should be with Devs this coming week.
    -Will be trying to get in touch with Motorola & confirm which devices they expect to be rolling out the unlock updates to in the coming months.
    -Will also try & encourage Motorola to send out unlock update to phones that may not be supported by them anymore."

(Unlock Motorola | Facebook)
    Droid It Yourself.

I just changed my signature. I am just cool like that.

Member #
    Liked
    12 times
    Can I assume that the driver source code for the Atrix is not available? If that is the case, then the drivers for the hardware has to be written from scratch. Finger print scanner being a new device, a newly created driver will take a while.

Sent from my moto Atrix using Tapatalk!
    Magic is real -- unless declared integer.
    - sayings of Wiz Zumwalt

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    2018 times
    Quote Originally Posted by WERA689 View Post
    All of which speaks very directly to my continued insistence on staying stock. Very eloquently, in fact.
    Well, that unlock command for the bootloader opened a whole new world up, for those of us who like to tinker with our devices. We're all just in a holding pattern, waiting for the custom rom developers to start releasing stuff for the now totally unlocked Motorola Atrix 4G. The next few months will surely be exciting times.

-Mike
    DroiDIY and nh7tr like this.
    GSM Galaxy Note 3 (Black) - Straight Stock
    GSM Galaxy Note 2 (Titanium) - Rooted running Jedi X20 Rom
    GSM Galaxy Nexus (Black) - Straight Stock

GSM Samsung Galaxy S3 (Red) - Rooted running Deadly Venom v8.0.1 Rom

Member #
    Liked
    21 times
    Quote Originally Posted by UltraDroid View Post
    Well, that unlock command for the bootloader opened a whole new world up, for those of us who like to tinker with our devices. We're all just in a holding pattern, waiting for the custom rom developers to start releasing stuff for the now totally unlocked Motorola Atrix 4G. The next few months will surely be exciting times.

-Mike
    Yes they will. keep me interested in this phone as the boredom was starting to set in

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

Ads