Welcome to the Atrix Forum - Motorola Atrix Forum.

Register ButtonIf this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

- ROM - RedPill Beta - v3 - 7/23

This is a discussion on - ROM - RedPill Beta - v3 - 7/23 within the Motorola Atrix Roms forums, part of the Motorola Atrix Development category; Originally Posted by fstbck6706 No I came from 2.3.4 that very first flash we had of it...I can't remember exactly what it was called. Aha! ...

Page 10 of 258 FirstFirst ... 891011122060110 ... LastLast
Like Tree443Likes

Thread: - ROM - RedPill Beta - v3 - 7/23

Member #
    Twitter
    DroiDIY
    Liked
    100 times
    Quote Originally Posted by fstbck6706 View Post
    No I came from 2.3.4 that very first flash we had of it...I can't remember exactly what it was called.
    Aha! Okay. Was it from BriefMobile?
    Droid It Yourself.

I just changed my signature. I am just cool like that.

Rescue Squad
    Member #
    Liked
    423 times
    No I came from 2.3.4 that very first flash we had of it...I can't remember exactly what it was called.
    The first build was hktw, really glitchy

Tapped thanks to DroiDIY!
    - Sam

I have much experience with unlocked bootloaders and custom ROMs on the original ATRIX. I will do my best to hold your hand through any problem, small or large, on any phone. Please open up a thread in the help section (or Rescue Squad section if your phone is in dire need) or PM me. I don't bite

Member #
    Twitter
    DroiDIY
    Liked
    100 times
    Quote Originally Posted by thekooliest View Post
    The first build was hktw, really glitchy

Thank you, Sam! Brain fart.....
    Droid It Yourself.

I just changed my signature. I am just cool like that.

Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Dorian View Post
    Interesting. What ROM are you coming from? Partition mapping and such hasn't changed between Froyo and Gingerbread, so a clean wipe should work fine. This ROM performs a clean wipe though... So, I'm not sure... One thing to check though, is that you have the latest ClockworkMod Recovery version from Tenfar.
    Unfortunately I'm coming from the "stock" update.zip that was released, so I'm a bit stuck on it I'm afraid. I've tried wiping without success. I can't seem to flash any rom, and MOST of yesterday my phone was soft-bricked. The only way I was able to "fix" it was to download one of these fruit cakes, pull out the system and boot image and flash them via moto-fastboot commands.

Anyway, I definitely have the latest tenfar recovery, and something strange is IF I try to restore a backup (a good backup of one of these "fix" fastboot flashes even), it gives me an error formatting /system. odd.

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Yes HKTW that was it...this is so much better I love it! Just need to mess with this contact thing I don't know why mine didn't work

Rescue Squad
    Member #
    Liked
    423 times
    Yes HKTW that was it...this is so much better I love it! Just need to mess with this contact thing I don't know why mine didn't work
    Kenneth's Beta 4.5.91 was better, like red pill with good keyboard and cotacts. Red pill broke it by ridding of blur home, Dorian hopes to fix them tonight

- Sam

I have much experience with unlocked bootloaders and custom ROMs on the original ATRIX. I will do my best to hold your hand through any problem, small or large, on any phone. Please open up a thread in the help section (or Rescue Squad section if your phone is in dire need) or PM me. I don't bite

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Ok. Awesome I can live with it for another day or two I haven't had contacts with hkyw for awhile anyways.

Rescue Squad
    Member #
    Liked
    423 times
    He said we didn't need a wipe until there was a major update like a new kernel in the farther distance. I'm assuming the next several betas will be updates

- Sam

Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    If i am coming from GingerBlur or any other phone rom for that matter, do i need to do a full wipe before installing this ROM? I assume yes but you know what they say about assumptions ....

Rescue Squad
    Member #
    Liked
    423 times
    Quote Originally Posted by darbs121 View Post
    If i am coming from GingerBlur or any other phone rom for that matter, do i need to do a full wipe before installing this ROM? I assume yes but you know what they say about assumptions ....
    Nope. You need to unlock your bootloader. I did it right from gingerblur v3

- Sam

Page 10 of 258 FirstFirst ... 891011122060110 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

Ads