Welcome to the Atrix Forum - Motorola Atrix Forum.

Register ButtonIf this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

- ROM - RedPill Beta - v3 - 7/23

This is a discussion on - ROM - RedPill Beta - v3 - 7/23 within the Motorola Atrix Roms forums, part of the Motorola Atrix Development category; Originally Posted by thekooliest Nope. You need to unlock your bootloader. I did it right from gingerblur v3 Tapped thanks to DroiDIY! Thanks man ... ...

Page 11 of 258 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161111 ... LastLast
Like Tree443Likes

Thread: - ROM - RedPill Beta - v3 - 7/23

Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by thekooliest View Post
    Nope. You need to unlock your bootloader. I did it right from gingerblur v3

Tapped thanks to DroiDIY!
    Thanks man ... I am giving this a try tonight!

Rescue Squad
    Member #
    Liked
    423 times
    Quote Originally Posted by darbs121 View Post
    Thanks man ... I am giving this a try tonight!
    Good luck!
    read all instructions for unlocking bootloader, installing cwm and redpill. Ask if you're confused before trying

- Sam

I have much experience with unlocked bootloaders and custom ROMs on the original ATRIX. I will do my best to hold your hand through any problem, small or large, on any phone. Please open up a thread in the help section (or Rescue Squad section if your phone is in dire need) or PM me. I don't bite

Super Moderator
    Developer

Member #
    Twitter
    J_R3CONF1GUR3D
    Liked
    555 times
    Quote Originally Posted by S2K_MoZo View Post
    I love how this rom is so smooth and how it works. It is everything so far that I'd need. Only thing I could not find is Exchange email. I can't access corporate email anymore.
    Thanks! Exchange email is something I had to perfect on the Captivate, as it's very finnicky. That's a priority though. Any future stable release will have working Exchange sync.

Quote Originally Posted by djkinetic View Post
    the rom wipes ur /system partition when u do a fresh install, simply putting back bluehome.apk doesnt fix the contacts problem -(

Update: I Fixed the contacts problem of force closing, you need to restore the MS Exchange Service 2.3.4, doing this allowed me to get my contacts not to force close =) also blurhome.apk is not needed.
    Indeed. BlurHome doesn't fix anything... found that out after many flashes...

Download Gingerbread Atrix Beta 4.5 and go to /system/app/ folder and you should see MSExchangeService.apk

On a separate note:
    Thanks to djkinetic! I fixed the contacts issue but I am still struggling trying to import stock android keyboard

I tried smart keyboard but didn't like it as much as stock moto keyboard

Any suggestions on how I can get stock keyboard on this ROM? I got huge hands and can't type for my life on that small keyboard..lol
    You can find a flashable zip package for the Moto keyboard at XDA, or you can wait for the update. The update contains the Moto keyboard, dictionary fix, and a couple of other things.

Quote Originally Posted by bakano View Post
    Unfortunately I'm coming from the "stock" update.zip that was released, so I'm a bit stuck on it I'm afraid. I've tried wiping without success. I can't seem to flash any rom, and MOST of yesterday my phone was soft-bricked. The only way I was able to "fix" it was to download one of these fruit cakes, pull out the system and boot image and flash them via moto-fastboot commands.

Anyway, I definitely have the latest tenfar recovery, and something strange is IF I try to restore a backup (a good backup of one of these "fix" fastboot flashes even), it gives me an error formatting /system. odd.
    If you're having issues flashing or formatting /system, you might want to get a replacement phone ASAP. That was a signaling symptom on Samsung phones of impending NAND failure. The nature of any type of memory is you're going to have some cells that are bad, even brand new off the assembly line. The good thing is they include a preset amount of extra cells to compensate for the failed ones and the ones that will fail in the future. If you have a bad NAND chip to begin with those bad cells are already at the compensation limit and you start to have read/write errors and things will start to fail part by part. If it's the kernel partition you can look foward to a quick brick. If it's in the /system partition then you can expect random force-closes that no amount of "re-formatting" will fix... and so on.

Call AT&T on warranty support and tell them that you've tried resetting, factory resetting, and everything else under the sun and you keep having odd problems with it. They should replace it, no problems.

Don't want to sound like I am asking for a lot but actually I am. Can you please add active sync too? I added active sync app and it would add my outlook account just fine but when I try to add hotmail account, it would force close

I love how your theme is so simple and I am already addicted to this ROM but email is very important part of my daily routine.

Thanks once again for such an awesome job! I wish I could build roms too but don't have that much knowledge.

Is the new version going to have blurhome? I don't care about it but it comes in handy as it restores all your 20 email accounts..lol

Are you also going to add MSExchange from 2.3.4 so that we can edit contacts? Although it's not a big issue for me as I use google to edit/update them but just a thought.

Thank you once again for awesome work and let me know if I can help you with any testing

Oh and one more question. Is the next version going to require wipe of the system or just an update? I don't mind wiping as all my info is on google but I need to know if I should wait to go back to this rom since I installed Beta 4 for now coz of email issues.
    Exchange support is something I got really familiar with on the Captivate, and I'll be implementing it as I go here. It WILL happen though.

Could not wait so flashed this rom again and I was testing stuff, here is what I found:

You have Email account option (Not Sync corp account) with red icon. When you try to add an account. It's stuck with that progress bar that says Adding your Email account and just doesn't do much..progress bar has been at that very same please for last few minutes...hmm
    Yep. When using an OEM email client for Exchange sync, it sets the account up through Motorola servers then push happens through secure connections. I'm working on getting those connections up though.
    S2K_MoZo likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Ayayaye. I haven't had problems before I started playing with the GB update, but I will take your advice and call them hopefully pretty soon. I have a test for summer school to take today, but soon. And thank you very much for the advice =)

I like this thread! and hopefully I can flash your ROM soon!!

Member #
    Twitter
    DroiDIY
    Liked
    100 times
    Man... I am THIS freaking close to jumping down the rabbit hole with Sam....
    Droid It Yourself.

I just changed my signature. I am just cool like that.

Rescue Squad
    Member #
    Liked
    423 times
    Man... I am THIS freaking close to jumping down the rabbit hole with Sam....
    That's my goal budd

- Sam

I have much experience with unlocked bootloaders and custom ROMs on the original ATRIX. I will do my best to hold your hand through any problem, small or large, on any phone. Please open up a thread in the help section (or Rescue Squad section if your phone is in dire need) or PM me. I don't bite

Member #
    Twitter
    DroiDIY
    Liked
    100 times
    That's my goal budd

Don't tempt me. Isn't the Beta v2 supposed to be released this evening?
    Droid It Yourself.

Rescue Squad
    Member #
    Liked
    423 times
    Yes. Take the pill tonight

- Sam

Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by fstbck6706 View Post
    Finally got it installed and love it!

Only issue I have had is the contacts FC...replacing MSExchangeService.apk did not fix it for me like it did for most..not sure why. Other then that I am enjoying it!

Great job!
    Make sure u also have the Yahoo services running, as this also affects ur contacts, Yahoo Mail Authentication i believe and Yahoo Contacts 2.3.4

Member #
    Twitter
    DroiDIY
    Liked
    100 times
    Yes. Take the pill tonight

I may do that.
    Droid It Yourself.

Page 11 of 258 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161111 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

Ads