Welcome to the Atrix Forum - Motorola Atrix Forum.

Register ButtonIf this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

- ROM - RedPill Beta - v3 - 7/23

This is a discussion on - ROM - RedPill Beta - v3 - 7/23 within the Motorola Atrix Roms forums, part of the Motorola Atrix Development category; Originally Posted by Dorian Download link is HOT! @munchy_cool... if you could fix my name in the title..lol. Can't wait to load! I Droided this ...

Page 3 of 258 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast
Like Tree443Likes

Thread: - ROM - RedPill Beta - v3 - 7/23

Member #
    Twitter
    DroiDIY
    Liked
    100 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Dorian View Post
    Download link is HOT!

@munchy_cool... if you could fix my name in the title..lol.
    Can't wait to load!

I Droided this myself. Using Tapa-da-talk.
    Droid It Yourself.

I just changed my signature. I am just cool like that.

Super Moderator/RS
    Member #
    Twitter
    @das8nt
    Liked
    1281 times
    Thanks, Dorian! You are the man! Thanks for bringing this to our forums!

Now, I feel my conviction to wait for the OTA faltering....
    WERA689 and Dorian like this.

AtrixForums.com : My Anti-Drug : Above the iNfluence

Member #
    Twitter
    DroiDIY
    Liked
    100 times
    Quote Originally Posted by das8nt View Post
    Thanks, Dorian! You are the man! Thanks for bringing this to our forums!

Now, I feel my conviction to wait for the OTA faltering....
    Give in to the dark side. Or, Red side.

I Droided this myself. Using Tapa-da-talk.
    Logan. likes this.
    Droid It Yourself.

I just changed my signature. I am just cool like that.

Rescue Squad
    Member #
    Liked
    423 times
    I am installed! I likey the small keyboard, and the red pill made the rabbit hole deeper then the white pill.

Rescue Squad
    Member #
    Liked
    423 times
    First comment. No auto correct?? A few words pop up when typing like Android and he'll, but it doesnt have a dictionary installed to use for auto correct. Also i get a force close when importing contacts, i thought maybe i needed a motoblur account so i started to sign in, im stuck at retrieving password so ima restart and try again. I like the look though.Texting, data and wifi work though.I like the general look, and will keep you updated with bugs and ideas. Do you think you could try to keep the app drawer of motoblur, because i grew to love it the last 2 days.

Super Moderator
    Developer

Member #
    Twitter
    J_R3CONF1GUR3D
    Liked
    555 times
    Quote Originally Posted by thekooliest View Post
    First comment. No auto correct?? A few words pop up when typing like Android and he'll, but it doesnt have a dictionary installed to use for auto correct. Also i get a force close when importing contacts, i thought maybe i needed a motoblur account so i started to sign in, im stuck at retrieving password so ima restart and try again. I like the look though.Texting, data and wifi work though.I like the general look, and will keep you updated with bugs and ideas. Do you think you could try to keep the app drawer of motoblur, because i grew to love it the last 2 days.
    Noted. I'm looking into why I can't add a blur account for contacts. Only thing Blur that's missing is BlurHome. Somehow it has to go through initial setup to have that function. Honestly I would have never saw it... I use Google's contact backup everytime. Thanks for reporting! The keyboard issue is noted also... next update...

Rescue Squad
    Member #
    Liked
    423 times
    All of my contacts just came..but from google, still force close on importing from sd/sim

Super Moderator
    Developer

Member #
    Twitter
    J_R3CONF1GUR3D
    Liked
    555 times
    All of my contacts just came..but from google, still force close on importing from sd/sim
    Interesting. I plan on moving Contacts to AOSP though.

I'm still getting acclimated to Blur's quirks... an update or 2 in I should know just about all of them though. There's quite a few.

Rescue Squad
    Member #
    Liked
    423 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Dorian View Post
    Interesting. I plan on moving Contacts to AOSP though. I'm still getting acclimated to Blur's quirks... an update or 2 in I should know just about all of them though. There's quite a few.
    Ya i think these are from google..not quite all of them are in here though. Anyways it looks pretty. Is there a way to start with vanilla gbread and modify it for the atrix? Or would that be too hard..because motorola does like flubbing awesome hardware.So you know if next update will wipe all data again? Just asking because ive never had actual roms and i remember with a pRom, after the first installation..updates wouldnt wipe data.Also, time frame? No other bugs ive come across. Talk, messaging, gmail, internet, map all good.

Super Moderator
    Developer

Member #
    Twitter
    J_R3CONF1GUR3D
    Liked
    555 times
    Ya i think these are from google..not quite all of them are in here though. Anyways it looks pretty. Is there a way to start with vanilla gbread and modify it for the atrix? Or would that be too hard..because motorola does like flubbing awesome hardware.So you know if next update will wipe all data again? Just asking because ive never had actual roms and i remember with a pRom, after the first installation..updates wouldnt wipe data.Also, time frame? No other bugs ive come across. Talk, messaging, gmail, internet, map all good.
    Nope... I mean there is, but I don't have enough time to start with AOSP. So I'm working the other way. Blur to AOSP... eliminating Blur as I go...

But good! Glad everything else is working good! Personally, I think Blur shouldn't back up contacts. If you get another Android phone and it's not a Motorola, all your Blur contacts will be trapped in Moto's servers. They should be mandated to ALSO sync to Google. Seems some do, and some don't. Google should be primary and blur secondary. But hey... it _is_ Moto, so I don't expect any different.

And no, the updates won't delete any personal data, unless absolutely necessary. Major updates will be announced in advance and those will usually take a fresh wipe and install...

EDIT: working on a quick patch... should be available soon. It should fix the keyboard dictionary issues.

Page 3 of 258 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

Ads