Welcome to the Atrix Forum - Motorola Atrix Forum.

Register ButtonIf this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

- ROM - RedPill Beta - v3 - 7/23

This is a discussion on - ROM - RedPill Beta - v3 - 7/23 within the Motorola Atrix Roms forums, part of the Motorola Atrix Development category; Originally Posted by Dorian I'm going to put that guide in the OP. It's much more detailed than my 4-5 lines. LOL. BTW... I think ...

Page 51 of 258 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361101151 ... LastLast
Like Tree443Likes

Thread: - ROM - RedPill Beta - v3 - 7/23

Member #
    Liked
    5 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Dorian View Post
    I'm going to put that guide in the OP. It's much more detailed than my 4-5 lines. LOL.

BTW... I think you guys are REALLY going to like some stuff I'm working on. There's real AOSP coming...
    Good! It's been a day since I've flashed something on my phone. I'm getting antsy. I'm about ready to reflash v3 just to get my fix.

Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Dorian,

First off, I want to say I LOVE your ROM! It's incredible and it makes me so much happier owning an atrix now.

Quick question, has anyone else been able to sync with facebook? When I got to settings>accounts>add account it lets me click on the facebook icon there but it never opens up a new window to actually set up my facebook account to sync. Is this issue anyone else has had?

Rescue Squad
    Member #
    Liked
    423 times
    Quote Originally Posted by yonster1210 View Post
    Dorian,

First off, I want to say I LOVE your ROM! It's incredible and it makes me so much happier owning an atrix now.

Quick question, has anyone else been able to sync with facebook? When I got to settings>accounts>add account it lets me click on the facebook icon there but it never opens up a new window to actually set up my facebook account to sync. Is this issue anyone else has had?
    I didn't get it to work. In fact I can't add a google account that way I had to do it thru gmail. I do think that the 'account" app you used is a MOTOBLUR feature so it may not work trying to get rid of blur. You'll just have to use the facebook app..

- Sam (tapped)
    - Sam

I have much experience with unlocked bootloaders and custom ROMs on the original ATRIX. I will do my best to hold your hand through any problem, small or large, on any phone. Please open up a thread in the help section (or Rescue Squad section if your phone is in dire need) or PM me. I don't bite

Super Moderator
    Developer

Member #
    Twitter
    J_R3CONF1GUR3D
    Liked
    555 times
    Quote Originally Posted by jakew02 View Post
    hey Dorian, amazing work here!

i've been using red pill for the past week, with a few modifications of my own

just wondering if you could write up a list of all the features/added modifications/etc to the original post, as i'm quite curious as to exactly what's been done with this ROM.

Also, i would like to formally request that you implement the following quick additions to your next build:
    • Juwe11's Best Ram Optimization script
    • Stock Android Messaging instead of the stock Blur Messaging
    • Webtop over HDMI

And if you have not based this off of Kennethpenn's 4.5.91 custom ROM:
    • SD Card Speed Hack
    • Memory Hack

just very little things, most of them just need to be added, no real work or time are needed to do them.
    The RAM Opt script and will be in future versions... but V3 has the stock Android Messaging app (Mms.apk). The Blur messaging client was "Messages.apk" that tied into "Conversations.apk" and "UniversalInbox.apk". The SD Card read-ahead hack has caused a few issues in several of my test ROM's running it, so I haven't included it yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Logan. View Post
    Hey anyone having problems with the look of gmail? It becomes blurry after several emails.

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk
    Nope... And like thekooliest said, very interested. Screenshot of that would be awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by yonster1210 View Post
    Dorian,

Nice! Glad you're enjoying it!

The Facebook sync is currently broken. The way it is now, it's part of blur, and I'm excising bits and parts of Blur here and there as I go... I'm working around it though in some new stuff, with a new accounts and sync manager.

EDIT: About all the optimizations and hacks here and there... I don't really like to implement them unless they're solid, reliability wise. My Captivate ROM's, in stable form, are business ready... as in it's not going to work one second and be flipping out the next. I aim for smoothness, stability, and speed. UI consistency is important, but it's secondary.
    Last edited by Dorian; 07-24-2011 at 10:53 PM.

Rescue Squad
    Member #
    Liked
    423 times
    See?

What do ya mean? The font makes some messages look unreaad I guess

- Sam (tapped)
    - Sam

I have much experience with unlocked bootloaders and custom ROMs on the original ATRIX. I will do my best to hold your hand through any problem, small or large, on any phone. Please open up a thread in the help section (or Rescue Squad section if your phone is in dire need) or PM me. I don't bite

Member #
    Twitter
    @logantyler_
    Liked
    59 times
    Quote Originally Posted by thekooliest View Post
    What do ya mean? The font makes some messages look unreaad I guess

- Sam (tapped)
    It changes, I swear. Once I clear the cache the background becomes more white and the font become less bold.

Rooted & Unlocked Motorola Atrix with CM7

Super Moderator
    Developer

Member #
    Twitter
    J_R3CONF1GUR3D
    Liked
    555 times
    Hmm.. ? I see one with no subject... ? The light grey text is the beginning of the email body.

EDIT: Still... hmm..? IDK. I've never seen anything like what you're describing.

Rescue Squad
    Member #
    Liked
    423 times
    It changes, I swear. Once I clear the cache the background becomes more white and the font become less bold.

Weird! Ill mess with it

- Sam (tapped)
    - Sam

Member #
    Twitter
    @logantyler_
    Liked
    59 times
    It's not a huge deal, I just thought I would bring it up.

Rooted & Unlocked Motorola Atrix with CM7

Super Moderator
    Developer

Member #
    Twitter
    J_R3CONF1GUR3D
    Liked
    555 times
    It's not a huge deal, I just thought I would bring it up.

Hey, if it looks out of place... report it!

I'm trying to think of what would alter the UI like that... I'm at a loss ATM.

Remove Ads

Ads