Welcome to the Atrix Forum - Motorola Atrix Forum.

Register ButtonIf this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

- ROM - RedPill Beta - v3 - 7/23

This is a discussion on - ROM - RedPill Beta - v3 - 7/23 within the Motorola Atrix Roms forums, part of the Motorola Atrix Development category; Originally Posted by Dorian VERY Nice! It'll be on the next release! That makes me happy! Yes, please use it wherever you like man, and ...

Page 61 of 258 FirstFirst ... 1151596061626371111161 ... LastLast
Like Tree443Likes

Thread: - ROM - RedPill Beta - v3 - 7/23

Member #
    Liked
    8 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Dorian View Post
    VERY Nice! It'll be on the next release!
    That makes me happy! Yes, please use it wherever you like man, and feel free to change it, I'll send you the .PSD later. You're free to get rid of or change that 'by Dorian' text, I kinda forced it in there and don't like it now.. Let me know if you need graphics for anything else, I'd certainly love to help. I gotta pay you back somehow for making my Atrix the best device I've ever owned xD
    S2K_MoZo likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    420 times
    Hey, all! Been lurking for a while, and have been following the RedPill saga with great interest. I'll be writing more later, but for now, I'll just make a silly comment. I like the RedPill screen that logswithmoss created, and if Dorian decides to remove his name from it (for whatever reason), why not add this, in homage to the film from which the concept originated:

"No one can be told what the Atrix is. You have to see it for yourself."

Yes, it's the obvious joke, and yes, I'm sure others have told it a thousand times already, but my ego prefers to think I'm being clever so I'm going to continue telling myself that I came up with something completely new and unique.

DFX
    Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    Alright guys i reaaaalllyyy need help... im really confused... i feel like a foetus again...!!
    Firstly can someone tell me if i can install this on my Orange UK Atrix...?? will that cause any problems...?? cuz everywhere i look i see At&t At&t and its kinda getting frustrating...

Secondly... has anyone made or tried to make a vdo of how to go about this instalation...?? I would definately do it if only i could understand what the hell is going on or what im supposed to do :S
    Over on My old Darky Forum a member TotalyDubbed used to make short videos for installation of literally everything... i think just for a first time someone needs to really see what theyr supposed to do... once the ball gets rolling dont think its that big a prob... again here since its my first time with totally random sotwares and keep reading everything being for ATT im extremely Lost... :S

Somebody helllpppp... im just looking to get onto gingerbread somehow... my phone is currently running 2.2.2... but im a gingerholic... my friend unlocked the bootloader... but before doing anything im confused if i should take the leap cuz im not sure if this is even compatible with my device :S

Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    My baby is now officially on the Pill. Loving it so far.

Rescue Squad
    Member #
    Liked
    423 times
    DFX this should work on international as it hasn't modified any kernels.

As to install it...look on my tut stickied in the hack section (yes it says AT&T but that's for the unlocking part..which you've done). Install cwm recovery and install redpill the same way the tut tells you to install kenneths gingerbread

- Sam (tapped)
    - Sam

I have much experience with unlocked bootloaders and custom ROMs on the original ATRIX. I will do my best to hold your hand through any problem, small or large, on any phone. Please open up a thread in the help section (or Rescue Squad section if your phone is in dire need) or PM me. I don't bite

Member #
    Liked
    0 times

atrix home button not working

i just switched to the red pill last night. randomly the home button stopped working. i tried clearing cache and reloaded rom also. any fix for this yet?

Rescue Squad
    Member #
    Liked
    423 times
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffman1452 View Post
    i just switched to the red pill last night. randomly the home button stopped working. i tried clearing cache and reloaded rom also. any fix for this yet?
    Boot into fastboot and type:
    fastboot -w

- Sam (tapped)
    - Sam

I have much experience with unlocked bootloaders and custom ROMs on the original ATRIX. I will do my best to hold your hand through any problem, small or large, on any phone. Please open up a thread in the help section (or Rescue Squad section if your phone is in dire need) or PM me. I don't bite

Member #
    Liked
    49 times
    whats everyone benchmarking on redpill? i just ran quadrant and got 2751, smartbench was 2570 but it says stock rom gb gets 2634
    Last edited by Slowhand; 07-28-2011 at 11:32 AM.

Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    I said I would do a follow up on my battery life. I was going to go through a complete cycle, but I want to play with more things so I am going to have to charge before I go out later. Maybe. Haha, I don't know.

Anyways, we are at 1d 0h 32m 5s with Performance Mode on for battery. A SetCPU profile for 216 min 456 max with screen off.

Phone idle 22h 22m 30s 61%
    Display 2h 9m 34s 21%
    Cell Standby 1d 0H 32 M 5 s 11% (time spent without signal 0% that makes a big difference though)
    Wifi 12h 35m 59s 4% (CPU total 10s)
    Android OS (CPU total 8m 56s) 2%

I still have just over 40% left, and this is pretty consistent with my normal usage. Facebook and Twitter sync every hour (or are supposed to. I am skeptical about Facebook since I never get notifications, but I know for a fact that Plume does)

In the time that I was asleep, the phone dropped from 61% to about 51% I would imagine that if I had it on battery saver mode, that wouldn't have happened since data would have stopped syncing.

The thing is: I charge my cell phone every night anyway. I don't think there is any reason not to. I can see why people would complain if the phone could not make it through 12 hours without being used. But if it can make it through 24 hours and still have enough juice, there really isn't much reason to complain.

I also on average dropped about 10% every 3 hours. I am going to fully charge, throw on the OC kernel and keep messing around. I suspect that it plays a strong part in the battery life that some have complained about on this phone.

I'm going to try my best to optimize *my battery* to last with my usage and schedules. I think that's what some people (not so much here, but on XDA) fail to realize. Their phone doesn't have to be just like every one else's. The battery life that other people get doesn't really matter. It just needs to do whatever you need it to do.

For me, Red Pill makes that a whole lot easier. The other ROMs have a lot more tweaks to "optimize" things, but really they just make installation more complex because everyone wants something different. RedPill makes such a WONDERFUL solid base though. There aren't 50 different versions of the ROM. There is one version, it just gets updated. That's it. For that, I am quite appreciative
    Dorian likes this.

Member #
    Twitter
    NickPellitteri
    Liked
    28 times
    My battery life is AMAZING. I was at 22h 30m and was at 76% :O

Sent from my Rooted UNLOCKED Bell Atrix on the Pill
    Dorian likes this.

Remove Ads

Ads