Welcome to the Atrix Forum - Motorola Atrix Forum.

Register ButtonIf this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

- ROM - RedPill Beta - v3 - 7/23

This is a discussion on - ROM - RedPill Beta - v3 - 7/23 within the Motorola Atrix Roms forums, part of the Motorola Atrix Development category; New Version... Beta 3! 7/23 V3 - Current - Download Here - V2 - Depreciated - Download Here - V1 - Depreciated - Download Here ...

Page 1 of 258 1231151101 ... LastLast
Like Tree443Likes

Thread: - ROM - RedPill Beta - v3 - 7/23

Super Moderator
    Developer

Member #
    Twitter
    J_R3CONF1GUR3D
    Liked
    555 times

- ROM - RedPill Beta - v3 - 7/23

New Version... Beta 3! 7/23

V3 - Current - Download Here -

V2 - Depreciated - Download Here -

V1 - Depreciated - Download Here -

Changelog for V3:

• Contacts fixed
    • Keyboard issue fixed
    • Custom window animations added
    • 1% battery increments
    • Ad-free hosts file added
    • New AOSP theming elements courtesy of NguyenHuu @ XDA
    • AOSP themed dialer and contacts
    • TegraZone added
    • Motorola Flashlight app added
    • A few odd tweaks to the camera app... (not much, mostly HD video tweaks)
    • Also of note is that you can use the "WiFi Tether for Root Users" app. The feature was enabled in V2 as well.

Changelog for V2:

• Tweaked Google Talk integration w/video. Is now more stable than before, with no noticeable issues.
    • Tweaked dialer interface. This one is a WIP. I'm attempting to cover all the blur parts that I intend on leaving behind in AOSP theming. It's still perfectly functional, just not quite done.
    • Email. Exchange integration is now implemented. It won't be using Blur or Motorola's backend. I've tested this feature with a test account from one of my Captivate users. No issues AFAIK.
    • Fixed camera orientation in front facing camera view. Also now truly supports 1080p recording with a slightly higher bitrate than before...
    • Blur "Social" app has been removed, along with all the filler bloat that accompanies it.
    • Vlingo has been removed.
    • GOLauncherEX is now standard, replacing LauncherPro. GOLauncher is smooth as glass! O_O
    • More is coming... along with deeper theming of the remaining blur apps.
    • Keyboards... Motorola keyboard is back, and swype is working.
    Known current bugs:
    • Contacts app crashes when you tap a name.
    • Motorola Keyboard crashes when you add a word to the dictionary.
    Please note: Do not update this ROM from official channels or any update notifications you may receive on your Atrix. Doing so could result in very bad consequences. If you use this ROM, check HERE or ATTDroids for updates. Also, if you were to flash back to Froyo, I'll be posting an official guide as to how it's done... so you don't result in a brick. Motorola is very specific about software upgrades, so please wait for a guide or confirmation from a respective developer on a way of downgrading. Also, this will unlock your bootloader, so be prepared to weather the consequences if something goes wrong. Neither I, or this forum can be held responsible for damaged or bricked devices. I write my directions from how I flash updates and ROMs. Follow the directions and you shouldn't have any problem at all.

First... MAJOR Props to KennethPenn for the latest 2.3.4 release. It's the most complete version I've come across, and everything works as it should, IMO. Motorola needs to update their kernel sources to 2.6.35 to take advantage of some more advanced features, but as it stands at 2.6.32.9 it works well enough. Also, MAJOR props to Tenfar for his ClockworkMod Recovery image, and for all the devs that packaged and released the bootloader unlock feature.

Installation instructions: (courtesy of DJHile)

FOR THOSE WHO ARE HAVING PROBLEMS AFTER INSTALL OR NEED HELP INSTALLING:

Follow these instructions. I've made them as n00b friendly as possible.

**This guide will have you wipe data PROPERLY before AND after installation of a ROM.

1) Make sure you have your bootloader unlocked.
    Visit here for instructions: [PUDDING] International House of Pudding! (Unlock thread) Updated July 23 2011 - xda-developers
    2) Make sure you have Tenfar's CWM Recovery installed.

Visit here for instructions: [Unlocked Only][Release]CWM Recovery Mod for Atrix 4G 2011-06-30 updated again! - xda-developers
    3) Download and install moto-fastboot (if you don't already have it) from my Dropbox:

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/35387205/mot...oot7242011.zip
    4) Extract the moto-fastboot7242011.zip to your C:\ directory
    You should end up with C:\moto-fastboot (if not, rename the folder to moto-fastboot or if when it unzips it puts the moto-fastboot folder into another folder, pull the moto-fastboot folder from that folder and drop it in C:\ and delete the folder you pulled it out of.)
    5) Download the latest, most up-to-date .zip file for your favorite ROM (Dorian's RedPill HIGHLY Recommended)
    6) Put the downloaded ROM .zip file on your External SD Card.

7) Power your device off and then boot into Tenfar's CWM Recovery
    To do this, simply hold the power button + vol down button until the screen displays "Fastboot". Use the VOL DOWN button to scroll down to "Android Recovery" and then press VOL UP to select it
    8) Select "Wipe Cache Partition" & then Clear Dalvik Cache
    To get to Dalvik Cache in the recovery go to Advanced>Wipe Dalvik Cache
    9) Select "Go Back" then select "Reboot System Now" BUT AS IT IS REBOOTING HOLD DOWN THE VOLUME DOWN BUTTON UNTIL YOU SEE "FASTBOOT".
    ***MAKE ABSOLUTELY SURE YOU HOLD DOWN THE VOL DOWN BUTTON AS THE PHONE IS REBOOTING
    10) When you see "Fastboot" click the VOL UP button to select it.
    11) Plug your USB cord into your phone & plug it into a USB Port on the BACK of your computer.
    12) Launch a cmd box by going to Start>Run> and type cmd then hit Enter on your keyboard.
    13) Type the following commands into the Command Prompt
    cd c:\moto-fastboot (will move you to the c:\moto-fastboot folder so you can use moto-fastboot)
    moto-fastboot devices (to verify that moto-fastboot can see your device)
    moto-fastboot -w (wipes all userdata PROPERLY, I usually run this command 2 or 3 times just to make sure but I'm sure once will do the job)
    ***MAKE SURE BEFORE RUNNING THE NEXT COMMAND YOU KNOW THAT AS THE PHONE IS REBOOTING YOU NEED TO HOLD VOL DOWN BUTTON AGAIN)
    moto-fastboot reboot (reboots phone... make sure to hold down the vol down button as it reboots so you can get back to recovery)
    14) When Fastboot appears, again, scroll down and select Android Recovery
    15) Once you are in Recovery, scroll down and select "Install From SD Card" then select "External SD Card".
    16) Find the .zip for the ROM you want to install and select it. ROM should then proceed to flash.
    17) Once the ROM has flashed, select "Go Back" to get back to the main menu and follow steps 8-13 again to do another wipe AFTER installing the ROM but you do not have to hold VOL-DOWN on step 13, simply let the phone reboot as normal.
    18) Let phone boot (may take a while for the ROM to build it's cache, etc) so just be patient! Once the phone boots up you should enjoy a fully functional ROM without any traces of prior ROMs that you have installed.

Enjoy! If you found this helpful, please feel free to click the Like button

Report the bugs as you see them! It's a beta for a reason!

Screenshots: (as of V3)

Attachment 703 Attachment 704 Attachment 705
    Last edited by Dorian; 07-24-2011 at 04:42 PM.

Rescue Squad
    Member #
    Liked
    423 times
    Downloading when i can
    You rock!

Also, is there a chance you can right up a list of changes that are made to Motorola's 2.3.4 (4.5.91) and keep a changelog so we can be informed
    Can't wait to see your work!
    Last edited by thekooliest; 07-10-2011 at 10:03 PM.
    Logan. likes this.

Member #
    Twitter
    @logantyler_
    Liked
    59 times
    I'm stoked for it!
    thekooliest likes this.

Member #
    Twitter
    DroiDIY
    Liked
    100 times
    I am in line. W00T!

I Droided this myself. Using Tapa-da-talk.
    Droid It Yourself.

I just changed my signature. I am just cool like that.

Member #
    Twitter
    DroiDIY
    Liked
    100 times
    I WILL flash this one. Period.
    thekooliest likes this.
    Droid It Yourself.

Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    cant wait to hear the changes and how it works...downloading Tomorrow awesome work Dorian

Member #
    Twitter
    DroiDIY
    Liked
    100 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Iv_852002 View Post
    cant wait to hear the changes and how it works...downloading Tomorrow awesome work Dorian
    Tomorrow? Tomorrow?!

I will not wait that long. If I don't have to.

Alas, alas. I guess I need to stop filling up this ROM thread. Thanks, Dorian.
    Droid It Yourself.

Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    no rush for this, but when someone gets a chance could they upload a video of this working / post performance test scores? I'm on the fence about unlocking and flashing this and that would help me decide.

Member #
    Twitter
    @logantyler_
    Liked
    59 times
    Quote Originally Posted by DroiDIY View Post
    Tomorrow? Tomorrow?!

I will not wait that long. If I don't have to.

Alas, alas. I guess I need to stop filling up this ROM thread. Thanks, Dorian.
    My exact thoughts!!
    DroiDIY and thekooliest like this.

Rescue Squad
    Member #
    Liked
    423 times
    Quote Originally Posted by jakestash View Post
    no rush for this, but when someone gets a chance could they upload a video of this working / post performance test scores? I'm on the fence about unlocking and flashing this and that would help me decide.
    I won't be able to do a video but ill try to get screenies. I can tell you Motorola's blurred version of gingerbread is phenomenal and even though its beta I say its better than 1.83. Anyways ill let you know performance scores at a minimum. Smartbench scores for me on 4.5.91 (beta 3) were 2900/2600. Good improvement for me I think, I forget my froyo benchmarks.
    jakestash likes this.

Page 1 of 258 1231151101 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

Ads