Welcome to the Atrix Forum - Motorola Atrix Forum.

Register ButtonIf this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

[ROM] Adeo - By Designgears

This is a discussion on [ROM] Adeo - By Designgears within the Motorola Atrix Roms forums, part of the Motorola Atrix Development category; MOD EDIT: This "ROM" is no longer up-to-date and should NOT be attempted. 5/25/2011 I just received permission from Designgears over at XDA to post ...

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: [ROM] Adeo - By Designgears

Rescue Squad
    Member #
    Liked
    486 times

[ROM] Adeo - By Designgears

MOD EDIT: This "ROM" is no longer up-to-date and should NOT be attempted. 5/25/2011

I just received permission from Designgears over at XDA to post this here for us. Here is his original Post
    :

Quote Originally Posted by designgears View Post
    History & Intro
    The first version was done with 3 different batch files, it ended up being very hacky and even ended up bricking one phone because the cleanup script didn't properly work.

I have rebuilt it from the ground up as a shell script. The initial temp root and file push is done with a batch file, it then fires off the install script on the phone which reports back to the batch with helpful info about what it is doing and what to expect from the phone as it goes. You no longer have to accept any superuser requests either.

The new script has been used on tons of phones now, everything executed exactly as I expected it to. I really didn't want to post this until we had a stock firmware to restore to, after the first release I have been worried about you guys bricking your devices, but what the hell, here it is anyways.

Come chat with us!
    Features
    Works for rooted and non-rooted devices
    Deodexed
    Reboot Option
    Reboot to Recovery option
    Ad Blocking
    Removed power options header
    Changelog
    Adeo v0.2: (3/9/2011)
    Added Unknown Sources checkbox
    Added Preferred install location (internal, sdcard, let system decide)
    Adeo v0.1: (2/28/2011)
    Reboot to Recovery option
    Ad Blocking
    Only remove app/framework Dalvik-Cache (fixes /data app issues)
    Removed power options header
    Four simple rules
    Do NOT do a factory reset if something goes wrong(soft brick), you will lose adb access and have a pretty brick
    Do NOT do this if you are not familiar with ADB, if you softbrick you need to use adb to fix it
    DO NOT PULL THE BATTERY, EVER WHILE INSTALLING
    BE PATIENT
    How to Install

1. Read the four rules above
    2. Read the four rules above, again
    3. Read the four rules above, again, one more time to make sure you've got it
    4. Download the installer (AdeoInstallerv0.1.7z, AdeoUpdaterv0.2.7z)
    5. Hook up your phone via usb with ADB enabled
    6. run INSTALL.bat from the unzipped files
    7. sit back, relax, wait until it reboots (can take upto 5min, be patient!!)
    8. Read the disclaimer below
    9. Enjoy!
    Disclaimer
    If you brick your device, I cannot be held responsible. As long as you do NOT do a factory reset you can fix it. No more support is being offered on this.
    Video Walkthru
    Last edited by das8nt; 05-25-2011 at 09:27 AM.

If you need help, and I appear to be offline, shoot me a msg on Gtalk, or PM me and I'll respond as soon as I possibly can!!

Member #
    Liked
    9 times
    waiting for some links! Thanks! If possible, please post some info on how to fix any brick issues....looks like you had a soft brick?

Rescue Squad
    Member #
    Liked
    486 times
    Quote Originally Posted by SnyperBob View Post
    waiting for some links! Thanks! If possible, please post some info on how to fix any brick issues....looks like you had a soft brick?
    No I was lucky enough to get a pvt message from Designgears while in the middle of step 2 - the soft brick was caused by the script used to execute step 3 - so im holding on step 3 until his revised script is released... hes working on it now - could be tomorrow before he fixxes it. Only thing is - I'll have odex files hangin around until the cleanup script is fixed - which is pretty much harmless. I pulled the link so nobody here soft bricks their Atrix - one member on XDA soft bricked his (discovered the bug the hard way) and last post i seen, the factory reset was not working to recover the soft brick. I think Designgears is trying to assist the member on XDA in recovering his phone back to stock atm. As soon as I get word from Designgears that its good to go, I will put the link back up.
    Last edited by G-Man; 02-25-2011 at 03:12 AM.

If you need help, and I appear to be offline, shoot me a msg on Gtalk, or PM me and I'll respond as soon as I possibly can!!

Super Moderator/RS
    Member #
    Twitter
    @das8nt
    Liked
    1281 times
    Thanks for posting this, G-Man! Please keep us updated.

Also, I know it was a copy/paste, but please try clean up the language when re-posting to these forums. Thanks.

AtrixForums.com : My Anti-Drug : Above the iNfluence

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    602 times
    Good stuff

Glad to see progress is coming along nicely for the Atrix!
    "Just come on over to the Droid side. Its fun and we have cookies " - Gerseppy
    "If the Atrix Forums came in liquid form, I would totally shoot this sweet stuff up. But for now, I'm stuck snorting it! But man it's a rush!! " - ME, the Monsta

Stupid refers to lack of ability while Ignorant refers to lack of knowledge.

Rescue Squad
    Member #
    Liked
    486 times
    Quote Originally Posted by das8nt View Post
    Thanks for posting this, G-Man! Please keep us updated.

Also, I know it was a copy/paste, but please try clean up the language when re-posting to these forums. Thanks.
    Yes, was a copy/paste - My apologies das8nt. I didnt even catch that man... I'll be more careful

Administrator
    Member #
    Twitter
    droidforums
    Liked
    33 times
    Thanks for the info Gman, be sure to let us know when it's ready!

Rescue Squad
    Member #
    Liked
    486 times
    Quote Originally Posted by dandroid View Post
    Thanks for the info Gman, be sure to let us know when it's ready!
    Should be ready in a few hours guys, I noticed Designgears uploaded the files back to his site again - Im just waiting for confirmation that its good to go now (making sure he didnt repost them for another dev to dl and help resolve something) As soon as he lets me know its good to go, I'll add the link back to the OP!!

Super Moderator/RS
    Member #
    Twitter
    @das8nt
    Liked
    1281 times
    Just a warning to anyone following this...

There is still no easy way to recover from a soft-brick of your phone depending on what's done to it. Please be careful if this is your first time to the rodeo.

While we have many great and informed members watching our forums, I don't believe we have any full devs on here yet. (that I know of anyway) We'll listen and try to help as best we can, but we're only getting this new info as it comes out as well.

So, bottom line... proceed at your own risk and please be careful what you do.

Otherwise, happy modding!

AtrixForums.com : My Anti-Drug : Above the iNfluence

Rescue Squad
    Member #
    Liked
    486 times
    Quote Originally Posted by das8nt View Post
    Just a warning to anyone following this...

There is still no easy way to recover from a soft-brick of your phone depending on what's done to it. Please be careful if this is your first time to the rodeo.

While we have many great and informed members watching our forums, I don't believe we have any full devs on here yet. (that I know of anyway) We'll listen and try to help as best we can, but we're only getting this new info as it comes out as well.

So, bottom line... proceed at your own risk and please be careful what you do.

Otherwise, happy modding!
    Thank you for bringing that up das8nt. I am posting this info on behalf of Designgears from XDA - Neither myself or Designgears will be responsible if you try this deodexed ROM and mess up your phone doing so. This is a USE AT YOUR OWN RISK mod.

That being said. I just got a pm from Designgears and he has totally re-written the Adeo ROM so that now all steps are done from the phone itself... Im just smoothing out the installation instructions with him now and should have it posted soon..

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

Ads