Welcome to the Atrix Forum - Motorola Atrix Forum.

Register ButtonIf this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Concerning the "Soak" of Gingerbread on Atrix 4G -Android Forums Blog

This is a discussion on Concerning the "Soak" of Gingerbread on Atrix 4G -Android Forums Blog within the Motorola Atrix Roms forums, part of the Motorola Atrix Development category; Hit the link for a small description of the public disclosure on Android Forums. (More or less) Gingerbread Soak - On Android Forums Interesting... Edit: ...

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By DroiDIY
  • 1 Post By das8nt

Thread: Concerning the "Soak" of Gingerbread on Atrix 4G -Android Forums Blog

Member #
    Twitter
    DroiDIY
    Liked
    100 times

Concerning the "Soak" of Gingerbread on Atrix 4G -Android Forums Blog

Hit the link for a small description of the public disclosure on Android Forums. (More or less)

Gingerbread Soak - On Android Forums

Interesting...

Edit: Currently, I am not a member of the public beta test team of Motorola. I read this, and saw no harm in posting. S8nt, I know this forum has certain rules regarding posting of such literature; if this is pushing the bounds of those rules, close this thang!
    Last edited by DroiDIY; 07-16-2011 at 12:44 PM.
    das8nt likes this.
    Droid It Yourself.

I just changed my signature. I am just cool like that.

Super Moderator/RS
    Member #
    Twitter
    @das8nt
    Liked
    1281 times
    This, in itself, isn't crossing/pushing the lines, BUT further discussion on this could. The ones talking about it the most will probably be those that get access to the "soak" which would then be violating their agreement to Motorola, because you do not get into the test unless you agree to keep communications, findings, bugs, etc. private within the test group and on the private area of the Motorola Support Forums.

So, to derail this possibly happening in the coming days, I will go ahead and close this one too.

Here is the other thread pointing to the discussion going on over on XDA (for as long as they let that remain open.): Atrix 4g 2.3.X Beta Rolling out Soon!!

The news is out... Gingerbread will be here soon! ...and that's all we need to know at the minute.
    DroiDIY likes this.

AtrixForums.com : My Anti-Drug : Above the iNfluence

Super Moderator/RS
    Member #
    Twitter
    @das8nt
    Liked
    1281 times
    WARNING:

For those of you expecting to be in the "Soak" test, and for everyone else that will be getting the official OTA when it releases to the general public:

If you install the official OTA update you WILL NOT be able to FLASH BACK to an older SFB using RSD Lite. Doing so will cause a HARD BRICK of your device. A recovery is technically possible, but a method outside of Motorola Service has not been found as of this posting.

The update installs a new bootloader and Motorola is notorious for not allowing bootloaders to be downgraded after installing. Older phones have been able to recover from an attempt to flash back, but the Tegra 2 chip appears to not let that happen.

It still may be possible to flash the "pudding" unlockable bootloader, which appears is considered a lateral move instead of a downgrade, but we won't know for sure until the software releases.

AtrixForums.com : My Anti-Drug : Above the iNfluence

Remove Ads

Ads