Welcome to the Atrix Forum - Motorola Atrix Forum.

Register ButtonIf this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Some Questions about Roms

This is a discussion on Some Questions about Roms within the Motorola Atrix Roms forums, part of the Motorola Atrix Development category; Well i would have asked this in a Q&A section but i saw lots of ppl were already asking questions here so thought what the ...

Like Tree3Likes
  • 2 Post By S2K_MoZo
  • 1 Post By carl_h

Thread: Some Questions about Roms

Member #
    Liked
    4 times

Some Questions about Roms

Well i would have asked this in a Q&A section but i saw lots of ppl were already asking questions here so thought what the heck...

Anyway im a completely new Atrix user coming from a Galaxy S i9000 and was a regular flasher... the innocent kind :P, so i basically wanted to ask the ppl of the forum in their opinion what is the best current rom based on gingerbread that should be used... im talking in terms of added features and smoothness and Most importantly better batttery life...
    Being very accustomed to Darky Roms there were lots of amazing added features that i was wondering if anyone had incorperated them into any atrix roms...
    for Example... when connected to the internet via wifi or 3g, when google services would sign in the signal bars of both network and internet signals would turn Green from Grey... that i felt was an amazing added feature to help you know wahts going on...
    Also they had added a call recorder... when you would get a call or make one a small tab you just had to tap to start full recording... which was quite nice...
    another few things which iv not been able to figure out on the atrix is its alot more complicated than my SGS... in the sense i dont know where i can save new contacts and make sure it syncs all new contacts with my gmail... like you need that motoblur account and stuff...

Also i felt since the pixels of this screen are alot more than the standard 4 inch screens these days, when adding widgets or shortcuts on the homescreens there are large gaps between each thing... it looks really bad... anyone seen a rom or know of any solution...??

Looking forward to some good responses as iv heard lots of ppl here are quite helpfull

Member #
    Liked
    11 times
    My signature says it all. I picked Atrix over Captivate and Infuse as it's more of a phone than all of the others out there.

I picked RedPill because it's more of a ROM and it's what people need instead of what Dev wants to give you.
    I've had every ROM on my phone out there, some didn't even last 20 minutes but RedPill has been on after every flash and stays on. You will have to take the RedPill yourself to see what everyone is talking about. All the info is in his thread.

Welcome to the forum and happy flashing
    WERA689 and das8nt like this.
    Took the RedPill...best decision I made for Atrix
    Quote Originally Posted by DroiDIY View Post
    I'm gonna call you.... RedPill Fanboi!!

Member #
    Liked
    547 times
    Now that is the kind of endorsement of Dorian's work that I've been used to seeing from his Captivate work! Thanks, S2k! :thumb up:
    Last edited by das8nt; 07-26-2011 at 11:11 PM.

Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    ahhh i seee... so can someone kinda guide me a bit as to how i need to go about puttting this on... i just got the bootloader unlocked via a friend... but im running stock 2.2.2... and im on a Orange phone from the UK tho i dont use Orange... as in have a different service provider...
    i really want to get onto gingerbread but i hear if i go to any non stock gingerbread rom im going to lose all my ram or something on those lines...?? any advice how to go about this as it seems alot more complicated than it was with my SGS... not even using ODIN here anymore it seems...

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Twitter
    golfer_mfr
    Liked
    677 times
    I'm not 100% on this, but I do believe that you'll need to find a ROM that supports International kernals. I don't know if RedPill does or not. I know that CherryBlur does support International carriers after installing a special kernal over the ROM.
    DFX likes this.
    Please adhere to the Atrix Forum's Rules of Conduct

Remove Ads

Ads