Welcome to the Atrix Forum - Motorola Atrix Forum.

Register ButtonIf this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

2.3.4 Vanilla Android build for Atrix?

This is a discussion on 2.3.4 Vanilla Android build for Atrix? within the Motorola Atrix Roms forums, part of the Motorola Atrix Development category; So right now im still running 1.83 rooted with gingerblur installed. Now that the bootloader has been unlocked I am in the process of flashing ...

Member #
    Liked
    0 times

2.3.4 Vanilla Android build for Atrix?

So right now im still running 1.83 rooted with gingerblur installed. Now that the bootloader has been unlocked I am in the process of flashing it back to its factory state and then Im going go through the unlocking procedure and install a custom rom, right now Im leaning towards redpill v3 but in all honesty I would really like to run a vanilla build or at least a build that is very close to a vanilla build (no motoblur crap, no bloatware at all) in this case what rom would guys suggest?

Rescue Squad
    Member #
    Liked
    486 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Kingweaver88 View Post
    So right now im still running 1.83 rooted with gingerblur installed. Now that the bootloader has been unlocked I am in the process of flashing it back to its factory state and then Im going go through the unlocking procedure and install a custom rom, right now Im leaning towards redpill v3 but in all honesty I would really like to run a vanilla build or at least a build that is very close to a vanilla build (no motoblur crap, no bloatware at all) in this case what rom would guys suggest?
    Unfortunately, with the hardware the Atrix is running, being unique to the Atrix, we really dont have any options for a 'vanilla' version of Android, not even a ported one. No other phone has the biometric hardware, and other misc, things, so any version other than what was made specifically for the Atrix, will work without some havoc being created. In all honesty, the new version of motoblur is not bad, it really isnt. Its more fluid, seems to hog less resources, and doesnt look all that bad compared to older versions.

The best way around the motoblur 'crap' as you called it would be to install a custom launcher (I use the paid version of launcher pro plus) and installing a theme (Im using Shady's Artic blue) and you could also grab Titanium Backup Pro and use that to 'freeze' unwanted moto blur services (a safe list of processes that can be frozen without issues is here somewhere, i know it is, lol) give those options a shot, and see if it makes things any better for you!

If you need help, and I appear to be offline, shoot me a msg on Gtalk, or PM me and I'll respond as soon as I possibly can!!

Member #
    Liked
    35 times
    No time like the present to start running Red Pill. Dorian's goal its to deblur and it is close. It doesn't use the blur launcher and allows you to skip blur setup. Its quick too, without OC.

Sent from my RedPilled M Atrix

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    2018 times
    Quote Originally Posted by G-Man View Post
    The best way around the motoblur 'crap' as you called it would be to install a custom launcher (I use the paid version of launcher pro plus) and installing a theme (Im using Shady's Artic blue) and you could also grab Titanium Backup Pro and use that to 'freeze' unwanted moto blur services (a safe list of processes that can be frozen without issues is here somewhere, i know it is, lol) give those options a shot, and see if it makes things any better for you!
    G-Man is right on this point. A custom launcher (I prefer ADW or LiveHome, myself) can work significant changes on your phone's UI without the hassle of having to install a full blown theme. Additionally, if you have a Home Switcher type app installed, you can switch between the various launchers and their corresponding themes in seconds. You really ought to check out what's available (largely for free) from the market.

-Mike
    GSM Galaxy Note 3 (Black) - Straight Stock
    GSM Galaxy Note 2 (Titanium) - Rooted running Jedi X20 Rom
    GSM Galaxy Nexus (Black) - Straight Stock

GSM Samsung Galaxy S3 (Red) - Rooted running Deadly Venom v8.0.1 Rom

Remove Ads

Ads