Welcome to the Atrix Forum - Motorola Atrix Forum.

Register ButtonIf this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

New to ROMs.

This is a discussion on New to ROMs. within the Motorola Atrix Roms forums, part of the Motorola Atrix Development category; Originally Posted by carl_h You can flash one ROM directly over another (follow appropriate directions for that ROM) using CWM. Carl, I respectfully disagree. It ...

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 50
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: New to ROMs.

  1. #21
    Super Moderator
    Member #
    1002
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Cleveland, Ohio - The North Coast!
    Posts
    18,231
    Liked
    2018 times
    Quote Originally Posted by carl_h View Post
    You can flash one ROM directly over another (follow appropriate directions for that ROM) using CWM.
    Carl, I respectfully disagree. It has been my experience, over the five different android phones I've had, that a full and *total* wipe (factory reset, wipe user data, wipe dalvik cache, etc) is *imperative* when you're moving from Rom A to Rom B. It can be a PITA, granted, but it saves you from major problems down the road.

    -Mike
    carl_h likes this.
    GSM Galaxy Note 3 (Black) - Straight Stock
    GSM Galaxy Note 2 (Titanium) - Rooted running Jedi X20 Rom
    GSM Galaxy Nexus (Black) - Straight Stock

    GSM Samsung Galaxy S3 (Red) - Rooted running Deadly Venom v8.0.1 Rom






  2. #22
    Super Moderator
    Member #
    1070
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Medford, OR
    Posts
    4,584
    Twitter
    golfer_mfr
    Liked
    677 times
    We actually do agree, Mike. When I said follow appropriate directions, I assumed (bad assumption probably) that wiping was in order. What I meant was that you don't have to flash back to a fruitcake as was asked in an earlier post. Yes, wiping is definitely necessary for a clean install. I always recommend excessive wiping

    Good point of clarification. Thanks.
    UltraDroid likes this.
    Please adhere to the Atrix Forum's Rules of Conduct

  3. #23
    Super Moderator
    Member #
    1002
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Cleveland, Ohio - The North Coast!
    Posts
    18,231
    Liked
    2018 times
    Quote Originally Posted by carl_h View Post
    We actually do agree, Mike. When I said follow appropriate directions, I assumed (bad assumption probably) that wiping was in order. What I meant was that you don't have to flash back to a fruitcake as was asked in an earlier post. Yes, wiping is definitely necessary for a clean install. I always recommend excessive wiping

    Good point of clarification. Thanks.
    LOL, usually it's *my* points that require clarification.

    -Mike
    GSM Galaxy Note 3 (Black) - Straight Stock
    GSM Galaxy Note 2 (Titanium) - Rooted running Jedi X20 Rom
    GSM Galaxy Nexus (Black) - Straight Stock

    GSM Samsung Galaxy S3 (Red) - Rooted running Deadly Venom v8.0.1 Rom






  4. #24
    Senior Member
    Member #
    291
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    166
    Twitter
    @2BLUNT2FRONT
    Liked
    10 times
    I have never ran the OTA GB that came from the update. I started with Kenneth's version then ran a muck lol. Now I'm on CM7 and even though there's some slight mishaps I'm so far gone I don't wanna go back. I recommend the Alien ROM or the At(honeycomb)rix ROM cuz from my experience they are zippy and functional and I believe thats what most of us want from a ROM. Make sure to follow these educated folks advise of full wiping and backing up as those instructions are vital to successful flashing.

  5. #25
    Senior Member
    Member #
    4833
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Key West, FL
    Posts
    972
    Twitter
    Auxilium1
    Liked
    90 times
    Quote Originally Posted by viciousvon View Post
    I have never ran the OTA GB that came from the update. I started with Kenneth's version then ran a muck lol. Now I'm on CM7 and even though there's some slight mishaps I'm so far gone I don't wanna go back. I recommend the Alien ROM or the At(honeycomb)rix ROM cuz from my experience they are zippy and functional and I believe thats what most of us want from a ROM. Make sure to follow these educated folks advise of full wiping and backing up as those instructions are vital to successful flashing.
    I'm completely set up now. Running Alien v4 and looking for bugs or anything that seems off because my first flash had a problem with the security options. Now so far on my 3rd flash everything is running extremely well.
    Currently Running:
    White Samsung Galaxy S2 Skyrocket - Stock ICS
    Atrix 4G - Dorian's RedPill (CM7) Hybrid.
    Nexus S - CyanogenMod 9
    Xperia Arc S
    - Stock ICS

  6. #26
    Super Moderator
    Member #
    1002
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Cleveland, Ohio - The North Coast!
    Posts
    18,231
    Liked
    2018 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Auxilium View Post
    I'm completely set up now. Running Alien v4 and looking for bugs or anything that seems off because my first flash had a problem with the security options. Now so far on my 3rd flash everything is running extremely well.
    Welcome to the intoxicating world of rom flashing Auxilium! It only gets worse from this point on - can you say "obsession"? Just wait, you'll see. It will take over your life.

    -Mike
    Thunder2116 likes this.
    GSM Galaxy Note 3 (Black) - Straight Stock
    GSM Galaxy Note 2 (Titanium) - Rooted running Jedi X20 Rom
    GSM Galaxy Nexus (Black) - Straight Stock

    GSM Samsung Galaxy S3 (Red) - Rooted running Deadly Venom v8.0.1 Rom






  7. #27
    Member
    Member #
    598
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    43
    Liked
    3 times
    picking up my atrix today..finally bb has them for 49 bucks....btw alien looked promising but i see it has blur. I hate blur and removed it from my backflip.

  8. #28
    Super Moderator
    Member #
    1002
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Cleveland, Ohio - The North Coast!
    Posts
    18,231
    Liked
    2018 times
    Quote Originally Posted by sgtarky View Post
    picking up my atrix today..finally bb has them for 49 bucks....btw alien looked promising but i see it has blur. I hate blur and removed it from my backflip.
    Try the Red Pill rom. Dorian is working hard to remove bloat from his rom.

    -Mike
    GSM Galaxy Note 3 (Black) - Straight Stock
    GSM Galaxy Note 2 (Titanium) - Rooted running Jedi X20 Rom
    GSM Galaxy Nexus (Black) - Straight Stock

    GSM Samsung Galaxy S3 (Red) - Rooted running Deadly Venom v8.0.1 Rom






  9. #29
    Senior Member
    Member #
    4833
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Key West, FL
    Posts
    972
    Twitter
    Auxilium1
    Liked
    90 times
    Quote Originally Posted by UltraDroid View Post
    Welcome to the intoxicating world of rom flashing Auxilium! It only gets worse from this point on - can you say "obsession"? Just wait, you'll see. It will take over your life.

    -Mike
    Thanks!

    How is the Ninja ROM? I've read its very quick and light like a Ninja!
    Currently Running:
    White Samsung Galaxy S2 Skyrocket - Stock ICS
    Atrix 4G - Dorian's RedPill (CM7) Hybrid.
    Nexus S - CyanogenMod 9
    Xperia Arc S
    - Stock ICS

  10. #30
    Member
    Member #
    6146
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Palmer, AK
    Posts
    51
    Liked
    3 times
    I am using Alien V4 and I love it. It is a very beautiful rom :P
    Android phone home...

    http://gplus.to/seibertjd - Google+


 
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Remove Ads

Ads

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Similar Threads

  1. Some Questions about Roms
    By DFX in forum Motorola Atrix Roms
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 07-27-2011, 10:22 AM
  2. when will we get real ROMs?
    By ForeverZero89 in forum Motorola Atrix Roms
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 07-01-2011, 07:01 PM
  3. Switching between roms and stock?
    By gsingh2011 in forum Motorola Atrix General Discussion
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 05-28-2011, 12:25 PM
  4. favorite roms?
    By moehagene in forum Motorola Atrix Roms
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 05-08-2011, 01:56 PM
  5. which themes/roms can we use not that we are on 1.5.7
    By gtzkingplaya in forum Motorola Atrix Help
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 04-04-2011, 02:38 PM

Search tags for this page

atrix alien rom install instructions

,
atrix alien rom installation instructions
,

atrix roms

,
atrix special rom
,

atrix stable rom

,

att-2.3.4 pudding preroot.sbf

,
burstlyimagecache
,
honey 3d 1.1 rom
,
honey 3d rom
,

honey 3d v1.1 rom

,
how to install alien rom for atrix
,

motorola atrix stable rom

,

new atrix roms

,

special rom for motorola atrix

,
stable rom for motorola atrix
Click on a term to search for related topics.