Welcome to the Atrix Forum - Motorola Atrix Forum.

Register ButtonIf this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Clockwork Mod Recovery, version 4.0.1.5 WORKS

This is a discussion on Clockwork Mod Recovery, version 4.0.1.5 WORKS within the Motorola Atrix Roms forums, part of the Motorola Atrix Development category; I thought I'd let you guys know that there is a new version of CWM Recovery which my Rom Manager advised me of yesterday. It's ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Clockwork Mod Recovery, version 4.0.1.5 WORKS

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    2018 times

Clockwork Mod Recovery, version 4.0.1.5 WORKS

I thought I'd let you guys know that there is a new version of CWM Recovery which my Rom Manager advised me of yesterday. It's version 4.0.1.5 and it most definitely DOES do the full wiping that has been a bugaboo for some people. How do I know? Well, I decided to dump the Ninja theme I've had for a month or so - no problem with it, it's fast and stable, but I was bored and curious about the Alien Rom. There was a thread that I read on this forum the other day where das8nt was saying that Koush had commented on Twitter that he *thought* he had the Atrix problems resolved, so I figured it was worth a shot.

Here's the story: I just installed an update to Rom Manager yesterday, which made me at version 4.3.3.0 and it informed me that there was an update for CWM Recovery, which took it to v 4.0.1.5. Having installed the newer Recovery, and based on the comment that Koush made on Twitter a day or so ago, I went into recovery and first did a backup, then used CWM to wipe data - factory reset, wipe cache, then went into Advanced and wiped Dalvik Cache. I'm sorry - prior to this I manually downloaded the rom and the theme, moved them to my external SD card, then used Root Explorer to move them both to the internal SD Card. Rom Manager *still* doesn't recognize the external card - which is a PITA, but has the easy work-around.

OK, so having done all the wiping I chose to install zip file, chose to go to the Internal SD Card and chose the rom. Told it to install it, and it did. Took maybe 2 1/2 minutes to reboot to the Motoblur screen, but I already knew how to go around that. I booted to the desktop, without messing with Motoblur and set-up my wifi connection (no problem there), then signed into Google. Went to the market and started downloading my apps, via wi-fi, then when that was done I rebooted into Recovery using Quick Boot, a free app from the Market. I then directly installed the Alien theme, rebooted to the desk-top and was disappointed with the theme.

No offense intended, but that theme is not my cup of tea from the "looks" standpoint. But - no biggie, I just installed a theme using ADW Launcher called Black Ice, which I hadn't used in maybe 3 or 4 months (so it was like new), which set things up the way I wanted them to look. I then played around with the various functions and apps until I got tired and decided to check the forum.

Bottom line: The wiping works just fine (or, at least it did for ME), so you can get away from that pseudo-CWM Recovery of Tenfar's if that's the only reason you're still using it. The down side is that CWM 4.0.1.5 *still* fails to recognize the external SD Card, but the easy work around was simply to move the Rom and the Theme to the *internal* SD card, do the installation, then move them back to the larger external card for quick reference.

-Mike
    GSM Galaxy Note 3 (Black) - Straight Stock
    GSM Galaxy Note 2 (Titanium) - Rooted running Jedi X20 Rom
    GSM Galaxy Nexus (Black) - Straight Stock

GSM Samsung Galaxy S3 (Red) - Rooted running Deadly Venom v8.0.1 Rom

Rescue Squad
    Member #
    Liked
    486 times
    Alternatively - There is another version of CWM that I use from XDA that is FULLY functioning... even ext-sd. Full wipes, backups, restores (all work for me with 3.2, and the previous 3.1)

[Unlocked Only][RECOVERY][2011-08-17] Custom CWM-based Recovery 4.0.1.5-atrix3.2 - xda-developers
    Maybe give this one a try Mike and see how it suits you Has a few color flavors to choose from as well. Red, Orange, Cyan, Blue, Light Green, Dark Green

If you need help, and I appear to be offline, shoot me a msg on Gtalk, or PM me and I'll respond as soon as I possibly can!!

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    2018 times
    Thanks G-Man, I'll take a look at it.

-Mike

Rescue Squad
    Member #
    Liked
    486 times
    Hey, No problem buddy! I hope it works as well for you as it does for me! i really like it in the blue flavor

If you need help, and I appear to be offline, shoot me a msg on Gtalk, or PM me and I'll respond as soon as I possibly can!!

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    2018 times
    Quote Originally Posted by G-Man View Post
    Hey, No problem buddy! I hope it works as well for you as it does for me! i really like it in the blue flavor
    Blue - like "Greed" - is good!

-Mike
    G-Man likes this.

Rescue Squad
    Member #
    Liked
    486 times
    I'm actually restoring a backup with this version of CWM as I type this reply lol!

Rescue Squad
    Member #
    Liked
    486 times
    Well, the backup was a success! I had to restore because I've been trying to add the 'reboot' option into the power menu on the stock 4.5.91 w/unlocked bootloader (not the pudding one, the one in my sig) and I must've made a BAD BAD code level change, because my phone started acting like it was having a seizure while on crack! I push the power button and it caused EVERYTHING to FC on me. Back to the drawing board... and reading through several hundred lines of code *facepalms myself*

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Twitter
    @nakdea
    Liked
    765 times
    Quote Originally Posted by G-Man View Post
    Alternatively - There is another version of CWM that I use from XDA that is FULLY functioning... even ext-sd. Full wipes, backups, restores (all work for me with 3.2, and the previous 3.1)

[Unlocked Only][RECOVERY][2011-08-17] Custom CWM-based Recovery 4.0.1.5-atrix3.2 - xda-developers
    Maybe give this one a try Mike and see how it suits you Has a few color flavors to choose from as well. Red, Orange, Cyan, Blue, Light Green, Dark Green
    woohoo. I got a red cwm.

sent using tapa 2.3.5 cyanogen

^ nexus 5 .
    galaxy s 3 . optimus g . nexus 4 . atrix

fin.

Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    If I currently have tenfar do I have to do anything special before I flash this one?

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Twitter
    golfer_mfr
    Liked
    677 times
    I had problems using RomRacer's CWM and Rom Manager. I flashed CWM (latest) using Rom Manager, but when I tried to flash a new rom, it didn't properly work. I installed CWM using the .img file and RomRacer's CWM performed flawlessly. I asked the question at XDA and got responses back from others that they experienced the same thing and have since uninstalled Rom Manager because it was buggy.

For those of you that installed Rom Racer's into Rom Manager using the .zip file, have you experienced similar results?
    Please adhere to the Atrix Forum's Rules of Conduct

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Remove Ads

Ads