Welcome to the Atrix Forum - Motorola Atrix Forum.

Register ButtonIf this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

CM7 Pre-Beta 4 is out.

This is a discussion on CM7 Pre-Beta 4 is out. within the Motorola Atrix Roms forums, part of the Motorola Atrix Development category; On CM7 your Internal Storage is mnt/emmc, just have Titanium Back Up search and it should find your back ups. Go to Titanium Back up, ...

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: CM7 Pre-Beta 4 is out.

Member #
    Twitter
    Auxilium1
    Liked
    90 times
    On CM7 your Internal Storage is mnt/emmc, just have Titanium Back Up search and it should find your back ups.

Go to Titanium Back up, hit menu go to preferences hit back up folder location and hit "Detect" and search whole device, it should find it.
    Currently Running:
    White Samsung Galaxy S2 Skyrocket - Stock ICS
    Atrix 4G - Dorian's RedPill (CM7) Hybrid.
    Nexus S - CyanogenMod 9
    Xperia Arc S
    - Stock ICS

Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    This is the first time I've flashed cm7 (i was waiting for camera issues as well), and had a quick question. I don't know if it's been asked or explained before so I apologize in advance if it has, but does Google Video Chat (in general, not necessarily over 3g) work with CM7 roms or did I have a bad flash somewhere?
    Last edited by cmp90; 09-08-2011 at 08:22 PM.

Member #
    Twitter
    Auxilium1
    Liked
    90 times
    From what I have read over at XDA, it's been reported that it's working even though the camcorder itself is not. Some users have experienced some Force Close's but they kept trying and said it works fine. You will need to install the latest Google Apps though, which can be found here..

gapps-gb-full-20110815-signed.zip

If you have it, but it's not working, you might of had a bad install.
    Last edited by Auxilium; 09-08-2011 at 08:28 PM.
    Currently Running:
    Nexus S - CyanogenMod 9
    Xperia Arc S
    - Stock ICS

Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Auxilium View Post
    From what I have read over at XDA, it's been reported that it's working even though the camcorder itself is not. Some users have experienced some Force Close's but they kept trying and said it works fine. You will need to install the latest Google Apps though, which can be found here..

gapps-gb-full-20110815-signed.zip

If you have it, but it's not working, you might of had a bad install.
    Yeah, I flashed it after installing CM7. Must have been a bad install. Would I have to just flash it again, or is there a way to erase it first and then flash it?

Member #
    Twitter
    Auxilium1
    Liked
    90 times
    When you wipe data do you use CWM (RomRacer's or ROM Manager) or fastboot?
    I've had issues when installing CM7 with a custom CWM, but had a flawless install when I used fastboot.
    Make sure CM7 is on internal storage and not your SD card, same with Google apps.

I would do this..
    1. Charge phone to 100%
    2. Plug phone into back USB PC port.
    3. Power phone on and boot into CWM, wipe cache/dalvik cache and reboot
    4. While rebooting, go into fastboot protocol
    5. Open CMD and get into fastboot or moto-fastboot (cd c:\fastboot or cd c:\moto-fastboot) depending on which one you use.
    6. Type fastboot devices (moto-fastboot devices) to make sure it recognizes your device.
    7. Type fastboot -w (moto-fastboot -w), It will wipe everything, I usually do it twice just to be safe.
    8. fastboot reboot (moto-fastboot reboot), while its rebooting go into CWM and install CM7 from internal storage.
    9. Once installed, wipe data/factory reset from CWM as well as cache/dalvik cache then flash the google apps.
    10. Reboot.

It may seem like overkill but it's worked great for me. No issues at all.
    cmp90 likes this.
    Currently Running:
    Nexus S - CyanogenMod 9
    Xperia Arc S
    - Stock ICS

Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    I've had issues when installing CM7 with a custom CWM, but had a flawless install when I used fastboot.
    Make sure CM7 is on internal storage and not your SD card, same with Google apps.

I would do this..
    1. Charge phone to 100%
    5. Open CMD and get into fastboot or moto-fastboot (cd c:\fastboot or cd c:\moto-fastboot) depending on which one you use.
    6. Type fastboot devices (moto-fastboot devices) to make sure it recognizes your device.
    7. Type fastboot -w (moto-fastboot -w), It will wipe everything, I usually do it twice just to be safe.
    8. fastboot reboot (moto-fastboot reboot), while its rebooting go into CWM and install CM7 from internal storage.
    9. Once installed, wipe data/factory reset from CWM as well as cache/dalvik cache then flash the google apps.
    10. Reboot.

I may have to do this next time as well, thanks for the advice. I was previously using RomRacer's CWM, but used rom manager recently because the instructions on the CM7 project home said to. Oh well, I didn't plan to use it long anyways until bugs such as screen resolution on keyboard and whatnot are worked out. So far it's incredibly smooth and really easy to change themes. Thanks though.

Member #
    Twitter
    Auxilium1
    Liked
    90 times
    Quote Originally Posted by cmp90 View Post
    I may have to do this next time as well, thanks for the advice. I was previously using RomRacer's CWM, but used rom manager recently because the instructions on the CM7 project home said to. Oh well, I didn't plan to use it long anyways until bugs such as screen resolution on keyboard and whatnot are worked out. So far it's incredibly smooth and really easy to change themes. Thanks though.
    No problem! Enjoy it, they seem to have made a big jump from Pre-Beta 3 to 4 in my opinion, I couldn't even use PB3 due to it killing my battery.
    Currently Running:
    Nexus S - CyanogenMod 9
    Xperia Arc S
    - Stock ICS

DFX
    Member #
    Liked
    4 times

I would do this..
    1. Charge phone to 100%
    10. Reboot.

i just cant get my computer to recognize the device... i dontget what im doing wrong... when i type the commands that youve written it says system cannot find the path specified... :S

Rescue Squad
    Member #
    Liked
    423 times
    Quote Originally Posted by DFX View Post
    i just cant get my computer to recognize the device... i dontget what im doing wrong... when i type the commands that youve written it says system cannot find the path specified... :S
    Where is the fastboot package you downloaded on your computer?

If you are on vista/7 you can go to the folder where fastboot.exe is located and shift+right click & choose start command prompt here.

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk
    - Sam

I have much experience with unlocked bootloaders and custom ROMs on the original ATRIX. I will do my best to hold your hand through any problem, small or large, on any phone. Please open up a thread in the help section (or Rescue Squad section if your phone is in dire need) or PM me. I don't bite

Member #
    Twitter
    Auxilium1
    Liked
    90 times
    Once again I wanted to calibrate my battery with CM7 Pre-Beta 4, so I fully discharged it and fully recharged it and then deleted battery stats, booted up phone and the com.android.phone to FC every 2 seconds after I get by the lock screen.

What a mess. I would like to use PB4 without having this issue. I'm sad. Went back to RedPill via backup.
    Currently Running:
    Nexus S - CyanogenMod 9
    Xperia Arc S
    - Stock ICS

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Remove Ads

Ads