Welcome to the Atrix Forum - Motorola Atrix Forum.

Register ButtonIf this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

CM7 Pre-Beta 4 is out.

This is a discussion on CM7 Pre-Beta 4 is out. within the Motorola Atrix Roms forums, part of the Motorola Atrix Development category; Originally Posted by cmp90 So I downloaded the Google apps using Rom Manager's latest google apps version (20110828), flashed it and it seems that the ...

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: CM7 Pre-Beta 4 is out.

DFX
    Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    Quote Originally Posted by cmp90 View Post
    So I downloaded the Google apps using Rom Manager's latest google apps version (20110828), flashed it and it seems that the video icons have shown up on Gtalk, haven't tried it out but it looks like the options there.

Edit. It seems to be working, but only on wifi, i suppose the video chat over 3g hack isn't implemented. It's all good though, works well.
    Can you be a bit more specific about what you did...?? I had downloaded the file given on the cm7 site and flashed that from cmw and no video for me... where did you get your Google apps version from...??

Edit: ok found it and got it working thanks... will try video in a bit...

Sent from my Motorola Atrix
    Last edited by DFX; 09-10-2011 at 02:41 PM.

Member #
    Twitter
    Auxilium1
    Liked
    90 times
    CM7 will be going beta soon, here's the official thread.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1257574

Tapped via RedPill v4 Atrix 4G.
    carl_h likes this.
    Currently Running:
    White Samsung Galaxy S2 Skyrocket - Stock ICS
    Atrix 4G - Dorian's RedPill (CM7) Hybrid.
    Nexus S - CyanogenMod 9
    Xperia Arc S
    - Stock ICS

Rescue Squad
    Member #
    Liked
    486 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Auxilium View Post
    CM7 will be going beta soon, here's the official thread.

** Official CM7 for Atrix Thread ** - xda-developers

Tapped via RedPill v4 Atrix 4G.
    I saw this as well. IF i ever try CM7 on the Atrix again - it wont be until the official build is released, or at least gone into RC. I wasn't impressed with it at the pre-beta 3 stage. Used it for about an hour and got tired of it. Went back to my nand backup of my stock 2.3.4 with my own mods, shady lanem's Artic Blue 2.0 with alternate signal bars (steelsignal) and the world is right again for me, lol. I cant live without a functional camera/camcorder on my phone - I've got two daughters, still very young, so i record a lot and take a lot of pics. Maybe once T0dbld finally gets around to implementing the finger scanner, I may give it a shot again. but, idk

I'm thinking of starting a bounty thread on XDA for the first dev who can successfully implement a working pattern lock mod that removes the slider lock from interfering and a reboot option in the power menu. I would like those options available as stand alone mods that I can put into my stock 2.3.4 build. First dev who can do that, will score a massive WIN in my book!
    Last edited by G-Man; 09-11-2011 at 11:00 AM.

If you need help, and I appear to be offline, shoot me a msg on Gtalk, or PM me and I'll respond as soon as I possibly can!!

Member #
    Twitter
    Auxilium1
    Liked
    90 times
    Pre-beta 4 made a huge leap from pb3. I had a ton of issues with pb3. Camera works now but camcorder does not still.

Shady also ported his arctic blue theme to CM7.

Tapped via CM7 Pre-Beta 4 Atrix 4G.
    Currently Running:
    White Samsung Galaxy S2 Skyrocket - Stock ICS
    Atrix 4G - Dorian's RedPill (CM7) Hybrid.
    Nexus S - CyanogenMod 9
    Xperia Arc S
    - Stock ICS

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Twitter
    golfer_mfr
    Liked
    677 times
    CM7 is running very smoothly and stable at this point. There are a couple of issues that still need to be ironed out, such as camcorder, webtop, fingerprint scanner. I've been running it for several days now as my daily phone. I've modified it with my preferred apps (GoLauncher, TouchPal keyboard, GoDialer/Touchpal dialers, Handcent SMS, Kaiten email, XScope browser to replace all of the stock apps) and they all perform as expected. One issue that I haven't wrapped my head around yet is that CM7 uses the external SD card differently, so I need to take a hard look at reorganizing things properly, but that's minor.

What's really cool is that we have SO many options on what to run on our phone. CM7 isn't for everyone. Perhaps you're perfectly happy with Motorola stock Gingerbread or perhaps you like Red Pill or Aura, Alien, or any of the other many options out there. One piece of advice that I'll offer to users is that customizing your phone beyond apps on the market involves risks and does void your warranty. While it's fairly safe to do, it is not without some issues and the very real possibility of missing a step in the procedures and turning your wonderful phone into a paperweight. So, if you're going to get into flashing new roms, make sure that you do your homework, read up as much as you can and, by all means, make sure that the software you're installing is compatible with your phone (AT&T, Orange, whatever)!!
    Please adhere to the Atrix Forum's Rules of Conduct

Rescue Squad
    Member #
    Liked
    486 times
    I completely understand what you're saying carl, honestly. I ran CM6 on my Captivate when I had it, and loved it. But, CM6 on the Captivate was a far cry from the CM7 pre-beta 3 and 4 we currently have for the Atrix. I'm not saying its bad, or horrible by any means. Just not fluid enough for me YET.

The sd card mounting is totally different in CM7 - like you said, and that too threw me off into left field. I liked the overall feel of CM7, just not the functionality as it currently stands. Once all the things currently not working are fixed, de-bugged, and stable. I will give it another go.

So far though, with what I've managed to do with the stock 4.5.91 - I run just as fast as any ROM out there (real world application here, not benchmarks) and more stable. CM7 may not be everyone's cup of tea like you said, and so far, its not for me... at least not YET. I have no real need for OC kernel at this point, not until I have a reliable backup phone again (sold my captivate). Realistically, anything over 1.1Ghz is purely bragging rights and has no additional affect on how the phone actually runs, except added heat if you dont have your UV/OC settings correct. No real world improvements beyond 1.1Ghz with the Tegra2 chip.

I think sometimes, some people (not pointing any fingers at anyone, just a general statement) get so wrapped up in all this CM7 stuff, and Overclocking that they forget one simple fact. These are still phones. What they are capable of out of the box is already phenomenal if you really think about it. What the devs have brought to the table makes them even more phenomenal. But, at the end of the day, its still just a phone.
    Last edited by G-Man; 09-11-2011 at 11:37 AM.

If you need help, and I appear to be offline, shoot me a msg on Gtalk, or PM me and I'll respond as soon as I possibly can!!

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Remove Ads

Ads