Welcome to the Atrix Forum - Motorola Atrix Forum.

Register ButtonIf this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Custom roms have no settings

This is a discussion on Custom roms have no settings within the Motorola Atrix Roms forums, part of the Motorola Atrix Development category; Hey guys. Well I managed to brick my device after I flashed from gingerbread back to 1.26( I didn't really have much of a choice) ...

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By carl_h
  • 1 Post By carl_h

Thread: Custom roms have no settings

Member #
    Liked
    0 times

Custom roms have no settings

Hey guys. Well I managed to brick my device after I flashed from gingerbread back to 1.26( I didn't really have much of a choice) and now I have a new atrix with 4.5.91 build.

When I go to install roms for my phone the roms start up properly and let me play around with them but the settings, contacts, wifi hotspot, and contacts apk's show up as uninstalled(application not installed). I re-flashed a 4.5.91 signed sbf through rsd and the phone came back to life. I have confirmed it was when I try different roms because the exact same thing has happened on two different roms (honeyglow 4.1v and ShadyArticBlue 2.0). When I reflash gingerbread everything works normal again. Any ideas why this is? I would really like to have some awesome blue/honeycomb themes and that 1% battery mod

I'm not sure if my bootloader is locked but I'm going to guess yes.. I have been using tenfar's cwm to flash all my roms.

Sorry if I posted this in an improper spot.

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Twitter
    golfer_mfr
    Liked
    677 times
    OK, first...if you didn't unlock your bootloader, it's locked. It MUST be unlocked to install custom roms.

Second...get rid of tenfar's and install RomRacer's latest or RomManager with the most recent CWM. Tenfar's will not work with many of the roms (still works with some of the older ones, however, but the other 2 are superior to it hands down!)
    UltraDroid likes this.
    Please adhere to the Atrix Forum's Rules of Conduct

Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    I stated on a different post in the forums but the problem was fixed. The problem is that the roms I was using (and I don't know how many more do or will) didn't have the necessary data files. After I installed kennethpenn's Alien 4 rom. Everything started to work flawlessly. Bootloader is for sure unlocked now but its cool to use the cyan bootloader by romracer.

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Twitter
    golfer_mfr
    Liked
    677 times
    Typically, when data is missing or corrupted, it's the result of not doing a good wipe prior to the install. Sometimes, the install itself just doesn't go right and needs a reflash. Incomplete wiping of the data and caches seems to be the biggest culprit. With the newer CWM's, wiping has improved. When I install a completely new ROM, I often will go through fastboot and do complete wipes of the areas...overkill, I know, but I've seen relatively few problems loading roms...but I have had to refire one or two on occasion.
    UltraDroid likes this.
    Please adhere to the Atrix Forum's Rules of Conduct

Remove Ads

Ads